Waverly 31 Nelsonville-York 14

smurray
SEOPS
Posts: 5324
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Waverly 31 Nelsonville-York 14

Post by smurray » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:09 am

Nelsonville picked up their first win of the season and will travel to the jungle in Waverly who stayed unbeaten with a 41-27 win over a good Fairland team. Waverly was without their one of their senior leaders (WR & lockdown corner) in Cobe Marquez. It’s unlikey he will be available for this one.
Waverly was def. tested last night. What will NY bring to the jungle?



mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 16937
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by mattash » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:10 am

Man Nelsonville has a tough schedule



NY BUCK
Freshman Team
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by NY BUCK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:33 am

Coming in to week 5, NY’s first 5 opponents are combined 16-4. It has not been easy and it for sure isn’t going to be any easier this week.. Bucks showed much improvement last night and finally found some offense. 3 ran wild and Seel threw the ball nicely. Defense looked shakey at first but got it going and was swarming to the ball. They played fired up and together as a team. I hope we can get the job done this week but will not be an easy task at all. Go Bucks!!



NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H
Posts: 7137
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:49 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by NYBuckeye96 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am

And if you remove 0-4 River Valley from those stats, NY’s other four opponents so far are a combined 16-0. Trimble, Martins Ferry, Minford and now Waverly are all 4-0.

No one can ever say NY plays a weak schedule. That’s for sure.




NY BUCK
Freshman Team
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by NY BUCK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am

Very true 96, very true



icanpickem
Varsity
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:24 am

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by icanpickem » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:09 am

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am
And if you remove 0-4 River Valley from those stats, NY’s other four opponents so far are a combined 16-0. Trimble, Martins Ferry, Minford and now Waverly are all 4-0.

No one can ever say NY plays a weak schedule. That’s for sure.

martins ferry is 3-1



Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19665
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by Orange and Brown » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:19 am

The Bucks just need to show up ready to play and be competitive and see what happens.
We still have some things to work on. The kids have had great practices the last few weeks and it's paying off.
A lot of the younger kids have been working really hard and pushing the uppper classmen to step up in turn.
LETS GO 1-0 THIS WEEK BUCKEYES!


The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Boston Creampuff
Waterboy
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 am

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by Boston Creampuff » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am

More importantly let’s work hard to get a running clock in the second half. I can understand why this has become a team goal. It helps keep guys healthy since they aren’t playing trash minutes when we blow people out the way we are used to doing. Good call by the coaching staff to make that a hallmark of the program.



toast
All State
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:10 am

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by toast » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Nelsonville is a quality opponent and they're well coached. Don't be deceived by their record. There will nothing REMOTELY easy about this game!

Waverly will likely still be without a couple of key players. Hopefully they'll both be back the following week.

It was nice seeing some youngsters step up last night at crucial times. Playing as many as three freshman at times in the second half. And seniors making big plays all night. It's going to take that and some more Friday night for Waverly to be successful. Go Tigers!



NY BUCK
Freshman Team
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by NY BUCK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Boston Creampuff wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am
More importantly let’s work hard to get a running clock in the second half. I can understand why this has become a team goal. It helps keep guys healthy since they aren’t playing trash minutes when we blow people out the way we are used to doing. Good call by the coaching staff to make that a hallmark of the program.
I agree. I think pushing for a running clock is a great goal every week. I don’t understand why people get so worked up by it.



FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by FANOSPORTS » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:41 pm

NY BUCK wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 pm
Boston Creampuff wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am
More importantly let’s work hard to get a running clock in the second half. I can understand why this has become a team goal. It helps keep guys healthy since they aren’t playing trash minutes when we blow people out the way we are used to doing. Good call by the coaching staff to make that a hallmark of the program.
I agree. I think pushing for a running clock is a great goal every week. I don’t understand why people get so worked up by it.
Waterford, Southern and Trimble in the TVC have called off the Dogs in games this year that could have been much worse. Maybe It's an Athens / Nelsonville thing ?


"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

User avatar
boilermaker
SE
Posts: 2216
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:21 am

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by boilermaker » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:50 pm

long night for the buckeyes


Walk by Faith not by sight.

NY BUCK
Freshman Team
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by NY BUCK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:06 pm

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:41 pm
NY BUCK wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 pm
Boston Creampuff wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am
More importantly let’s work hard to get a running clock in the second half. I can understand why this has become a team goal. It helps keep guys healthy since they aren’t playing trash minutes when we blow people out the way we are used to doing. Good call by the coaching staff to make that a hallmark of the program.
I agree. I think pushing for a running clock is a great goal every week. I don’t understand why people get so worked up by it.
Waterford, Southern and Trimble in the TVC have called off the Dogs in games this year that could have been much worse. Maybe It's an Athens / Nelsonville thing ?
Maybe, but I just don’t see what’s so wrong with it. Gets the game over with, gives you good confidence for the next week, less time for injuries and gets ya home. If teams don’t want running clocks put on them including NY then play better. That’s just my opinion on it all



vladimir
All State
Posts: 1029
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:52 am

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by vladimir » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Waverly big time, but possibly a running clock in the 4th. After this week, NY wins out and sneaks into the playoffs.



X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS
Posts: 5266
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:12 am
Location: the W
Contact:

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:24 pm

waverly by 28


Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Kicker.
JV Team
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by Kicker. » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Not a knock on Nelsonville-York here but waverly will have to play worse than they did last year when they played and had a lot of turnovers, I think NY can run the table after this game but this is too tall of a task right now


A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Mister Bee
Varsity
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by Mister Bee » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Would like to see the Buckeyes win this but Waverly is to much for them this year.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

LETS GO BUCKS!



greygoose
SE
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by greygoose » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 am

vladimir wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:16 pm
Waverly big time, but possibly a running clock in the 4th. After this week, NY wins out and sneaks into the playoffs.
Very possible given that each of the schools are bigger division, could very well come down to that week 10 matchup and still then probably looking at that 7/8 seed right now as a possibility. It will be an uphill battle for them for sure though.



Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by Abe Froman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:20 am

Waverly wins this one but I am not understanding the comments that NY runs the table after Week 5, I think a loss in Week 10 to Athens and I actually think one of the other TVC teams may get them as well. 5-5 or 4-6 season for NY.



Bernie Kosar
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:32 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by Bernie Kosar » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:20 pm

NY should feel lucky if they don't get a running clock put on them. And I only see one or two more wins.



fireball
Freshman Team
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by fireball » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm

don't forget last year everybody said they was going to beat ny but I don't believe that happen just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:



Kicker.
JV Team
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by Kicker. » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:29 pm

fireball wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm
don't forget last year everybody said they was going to beat ny but I don't believe that happen just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Waverly last year also played one of their worst games with multiple turnovers


A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by FANOSPORTS » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Waverly @ home easily if they have the 2 kids that were injured previously back. If not, they should still win. Waverly 31 - N-Y 14.


"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19665
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by Orange and Brown » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Kicker. wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:29 pm
fireball wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm
don't forget last year everybody said they was going to beat ny but I don't believe that happen just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Waverly last year also played one of their worst games with multiple turnovers
I think the Bucks have an uphill climb to win this game but I'm okay with that. Kids have to work hard this week and play their best football.
I will point out that last year's Waverly team didn't like getting hit and the Buckeye defense forced them into turnovers.
Good luck to both teams. Hope everyone comes away healthy! Go Bucks!


The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 31309
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Waverly should take this one by 4 scores or more.



Post Reply

Return to “Football”