Bellaire vs Ironton: The history

Post Reply
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 30679
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Bellaire vs Ironton: The history

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Looking for the games they would have played from 1980 through 2010. Also when did they meet in Athens during the playoffs? Thanks



mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 7172
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Bellaire vs Ironton: The history

Post by mattash » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 pm

I was there. I want to say maybe 06. Bellaire had the QB that went on to play at Ball State.

FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Bellaire vs Ironton: The history

Post by FANOSPORTS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 pm

mattash wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 pm
I was there. I want to say maybe 06. Bellaire had the QB that went on to play at Ball State.
Bellaire has had the Davis boys, (Jose Davis 90's, Nate Davis early/mid 00's and Josh Davis early 10's as there qbs ). They did play a 3 OT game against Ironton in 2005 which they won 34-28 and a OT game in 2003 @ Zanesville and won 20-14.
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 7172
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Bellaire vs Ironton: The history

Post by mattash » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:55 am

Nate Davis is who I watched vs. Ironton @ OU

portsmouth_98
Freshman Team
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Bellaire vs Ironton: The history

Post by portsmouth_98 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:47 am

Bellaires first two playoff runs were in 96 and 96 and they came in with a roar. In 95 they were d4 and beat Tuscy Valley and Cardinal Mooney to win their region, in the final 4 they defeated Orville while Ironton lost to Versailles 15-14, the next week Versailles beat Bellaire 50-44 in 2 ots for the title. In 1996 Ironton missed the playoffs and Bellaire defeated Lucasville and Licking Valley to win their region, Cardinal Mooney to advance to the title game where Germantown VV beat them 37-12

outerbanksjake
JV Team
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Bellaire vs Ironton: The history

Post by outerbanksjake » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:38 am

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 pm
mattash wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 pm
I was there. I want to say maybe 06. Bellaire had the QB that went on to play at Ball State.
Bellaire has had the Davis boys, (Jose Davis 90's, Nate Davis early/mid 00's and Josh Davis early 10's as there qbs ). They did play a 3 OT game against Ironton in 2005 which they won 34-28 and a OT game in 2003 @ Zanesville and won 20-14.
No such person as Josh Davis. I will give a little history on the the Davis brothers later . Jose Davis son Quarterbacked Steubenville in 16-17 . Steubenville was State Runner up in 16 and State Champ in 18. His son Javon in the State Final passed for over 250 and rushed for about 150. He now attends Indiana Pa. UIP.

FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Bellaire vs Ironton: The history

Post by FANOSPORTS » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:21 am

outerbanksjake wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:38 am
FANOSPORTS wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 pm
mattash wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 pm
I was there. I want to say maybe 06. Bellaire had the QB that went on to play at Ball State.
Bellaire has had the Davis boys, (Jose Davis 90's, Nate Davis early/mid 00's and Josh Davis early 10's as there qbs ). They did play a 3 OT game against Ironton in 2005 which they won 34-28 and a OT game in 2003 @ Zanesville and won 20-14.
No such person as Josh Davis. I will give a little history on the the Davis brothers later . Jose Davis son Quarterbacked Steubenville in 16-17 . Steubenville was State Runner up in 16 and State Champ in 18. His son Javon in the State Final passed for over 250 and rushed for about 150. He now attends Indiana Pa. UIP.
Yep, my bad. I was thinking of Javon not Josh and he did go to Stubenville. :oops:
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

outerbanksjake
JV Team
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Bellaire vs Ironton: The history

Post by outerbanksjake » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:03 am

Bellaire beat Ironton in 95 41-7 in Bellaire. 96 33-0 in Ironton and 05 34-28 in Athens.

Jose Davis Quarterbacked 93 94 95. 6,769 passing yards , 3,551 in 95.

Nate Davis 02 03 04 05, 7,348 with 81 yrs.

Trivia.Bellaire is the only town in Ohio to have both a boy and girl from the same school score over 2, 000 points in basketball( unless this was equaled in the past year or two ) Nate Davis and Ashley Vavrek Bellaire High School and Allen Hornyak and Stephanie Petho Bellaire St John's.

Post Reply