D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Shane Falco
Riding the Bench
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Shane Falco » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:59 am

Just heard Jared Icenhower from Jackson has 3 D1 "offers". Congrats! Now 2 of the 3 schools do not offer scholarships (Cornell and Valparaiso) and Alcorn St. Still impressive.

Also Jayden Spires has an offer from Moorehead St. Congrats



bfry
Freshman Team
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by bfry » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:40 am

Matthews at Fordham and Brown this weekend.
Attachments
329CEF77-003F-44EB-8540-5D6C8B43631A.jpeg
5104D17D-D7DB-4DD0-B298-753D61CB4267.jpeg



fbnut
SE
Posts: 2038
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by fbnut » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:57 am

phstrojans1111 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:35 am
Gage Salyers committed to Youngstown St
https://www.irontontribune.com/2019/06/ ... gstown-st/
What kind of offers was he getting from Ohio State and Pittsburgh?



Omega
SE
Posts: 2142
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Omega » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Sunoco wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:33 am
Good read. Puts offers in perspective.
http://msrohio.com/prospects-beware-of-the-offers-game/
Just the fact that D-1 (FBS and FCS) programs are giving looks to SEO prep gridders is a testament to how the high school game has improved over the years in the region. Coaching, training, and facilities have improved and social media exposure gives the athletes a better chance to be seen. Granted Joe Burrow level athletes are few and far between in SE Ohio, but any look or offer garnered from a university is a big deal.


Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

BillC
Riding the Bench
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:41 am

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by BillC » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:10 pm

Shane Falco wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:59 am
Just heard Jared Icenhower from Jackson has 3 D1 "offers". Congrats! Now 2 of the 3 schools do not offer scholarships (Cornell and Valparaiso) and Alcorn St. Still impressive.

Also Jayden Spires has an offer from Moorehead St. Congrats
Cornell does give considerable money to football players, as with all the Ivy League teams..
Valpo does give full scholarships.
He also received another D1 FCS offer from U of Dayton this past weekend at the 7 on 7.
Morehead , Valpo, And Dayton are all in the same conference, I believe.



bfry
Freshman Team
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by bfry » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Omega wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:29 pm
Sunoco wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:33 am
Good read. Puts offers in perspective.
http://msrohio.com/prospects-beware-of-the-offers-game/
Just the fact that D-1 (FBS and FCS) programs are giving looks to SEO prep gridders is a testament to how the high school game has improved over the years in the region. Coaching, training, and facilities have improved and social media exposure gives the athletes a better chance to be seen. Granted Joe Burrow level athletes are few and far between in SE Ohio, but any look or offer garnered from a university is a big deal.
This says it all.



Shane Falco
Riding the Bench
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Shane Falco » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:47 pm

BillC wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:10 pm
Shane Falco wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:59 am
Just heard Jared Icenhower from Jackson has 3 D1 "offers". Congrats! Now 2 of the 3 schools do not offer scholarships (Cornell and Valparaiso) and Alcorn St. Still impressive.

Also Jayden Spires has an offer from Moorehead St. Congrats
Cornell does give considerable money to football players, as with all the Ivy League teams..
Valpo does give full scholarships.
He also received another D1 FCS offer from U of Dayton this past weekend at the 7 on 7.
Morehead , Valpo, And Dayton are all in the same conference, I believe.
Did Valpo switch conferences? All teams in the Pioneer League do NOT give athletic scholarships (grant-in-aid). I believe Dayton is also in the Pioneer League. Ivy League schools do not give athletic or academic scholarships. They only give financial aid based upon the students need.

Congrats on Dayton!



GoIrish
Freshman Team
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 am

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by GoIrish » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:07 am

Dalton Tomlison, OL class of '17 out of Pike Eastern, has accepted a full ride to UMass after playing one year of JuCo football at Iowa Western CC (also on a 2 year full ride, though he only played 1).

On 8/30/19, UMass plays Rutgers for the one of the Friday night games, supposed to viewable on BTN. Expect Tomlison to get playing time. Rutgers courted Tomlison heavily, but never made an offer.



madpolecat
All State
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:03 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by madpolecat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Shane Falco wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:47 pm
BillC wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:10 pm
Shane Falco wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:59 am
Just heard Jared Icenhower from Jackson has 3 D1 "offers". Congrats! Now 2 of the 3 schools do not offer scholarships (Cornell and Valparaiso) and Alcorn St. Still impressive.

Also Jayden Spires has an offer from Moorehead St. Congrats
Cornell does give considerable money to football players, as with all the Ivy League teams..
Valpo does give full scholarships.
He also received another D1 FCS offer from U of Dayton this past weekend at the 7 on 7.
Morehead , Valpo, And Dayton are all in the same conference, I believe.
Did Valpo switch conferences? All teams in the Pioneer League do NOT give athletic scholarships (grant-in-aid). I believe Dayton is also in the Pioneer League. Ivy League schools do not give athletic or academic scholarships. They only give financial aid based upon the students need.

Congrats on Dayton!
It's always nice when somebody actually has an idea about what he/she is talking about on here...

:mrgreen:



Poo Bear
SEO
Posts: 2518
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Poo Bear » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:37 pm

2 Jackson players have been offered scholarships before their senior year . That’s great news .



BillC
Riding the Bench
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:41 am

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by BillC » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Shane Falco wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:47 pm
BillC wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:10 pm
Shane Falco wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:59 am
Just heard Jared Icenhower from Jackson has 3 D1 "offers". Congrats! Now 2 of the 3 schools do not offer scholarships (Cornell and Valparaiso) and Alcorn St. Still impressive.

Also Jayden Spires has an offer from Moorehead St. Congrats
Cornell does give considerable money to football players, as with all the Ivy League teams..
Valpo does give full scholarships.
He also received another D1 FCS offer from U of Dayton this past weekend at the 7 on 7.
Morehead , Valpo, And Dayton are all in the same conference, I believe.
Did Valpo switch conferences? All teams in the Pioneer League do NOT give athletic scholarships (grant-in-aid). I believe Dayton is also in the Pioneer League. Ivy League schools do not give athletic or academic scholarships. They only give financial aid based upon the students need.

Congrats on Dayton!
You are correct. I was wrong and was confused with a different school. Sorry. Pioneer league schools gives merit and needs based money to athletes, which is good for the kids.



countywide35
All State
Posts: 1159
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by countywide35 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Poo Bear wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:37 pm
2 Jackson players have been offered scholarships before their senior year . That’s great news .
Indeed !



Post Reply

Return to “Football”