2019 Region 27

formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 am

2trap_4ever wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:27 pm
As it stands Coal Grove would be in this region. How would this shake things up if it holds true.
They wouldn’t have qualified last year if they were D7, so they would need to win the games necessary first. Plus, with Harvest Prep moving to another part of the MSL comes the potential for BU, FC and BR to have higher pts averages given that ‘sure loss’ HP is out of the way. So, I think the ‘floor’ that separates eighth and ninth place in the region is going to be higher than 7.7



TheBaller
Waterboy
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:59 am

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by TheBaller » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:37 am

Who does River start at QB next year? Thompson was for most of the season but in later season # 7 came in and then started the playoff game.



ShooterMcgavin
Riding the Bench
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by ShooterMcgavin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:27 am

This Region looks to be a toss up. With CB number coming out Trimble may be DVI. This year


I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast

formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:16 pm

No Trimble, no Lucas.

In my opinion...

Top four teams, locks to make if they can survive the schedule: Harvest Prep, Newark Cath., Shadyside and Berne Union

Next most likely to make the top eight: Waterford, Fisher, Beaver Eastern, Green or Notre Dame.

Eastern, River and Southern look to be in contention. As is Rosecrans.



User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12974
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:58 pm

I would say Reedsville Eastern is more than just a contender.



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:40 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:58 pm
I would say Reedsville Eastern is more than just a contender.
More than possible. I don’t know enough about Eastern as I wish to, but I’m led to think six of the top eight I had are in pretty firm position for week 11 if all holds true and expectations are met. Past that, not sure. Multiple posts mentioned Green as a repeat participant, and I’m sure Beaver Eastern can make it in.



User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12974
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Have you seen HP schedule yet? They moved up to the big boy division. Its brutal. I think they still get in, but by no means a lock to host. And Newark Catholic is a (3-7) football team a year ago that also plays a very tough schedule. I'm not counting on them as a lock either. Eastern has a lot more returning than Waterford, I have them as the 2nd best team in the Hocking heading into 2019.



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:48 am

93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 pm
Have you seen HP schedule yet? They moved up to the big boy division. Its brutal. I think they still get in, but by no means a lock to host. And Newark Catholic is a (3-7) football team a year ago that also plays a very tough schedule. I'm not counting on them as a lock either. Eastern has a lot more returning than Waterford, I have them as the 2nd best team in the Hocking heading into 2019.
Yeah, trust me, I’m well aware that Harvest Prep is no longer in the Cardinal. LOL. Re: schedules, yeah, I made note of it. Who knows if HP or NC will end up doing a Danville and missing with too too tough of a schedule.

I expect the MSL-Cardinal to have two teams in, but not three. BU and FC. Rosecrans does play Newark Catholic though, week one.



User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12974
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by 93Bulldog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:08 am

What does Berne have returning? I know they play a couple Ohio Division schools this year, including Nelsonville-York.



User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12974
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by 93Bulldog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 am

Eastern has just 2 non league games, @ Huntington and vs Caldwell.
The Eagles get both Waterford and Belpre at home.
If they can at least split the 2 non conference games to begin the year, (8-2) is not out of the realm of possibility.



dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by dnis30 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 am

formerfcfan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:16 pm
No Trimble, no Lucas.

In my opinion...

Top four teams, locks to make if they can survive the schedule: Harvest Prep, Newark Cath., Shadyside and Berne Union

Next most likely to make the top eight: Waterford, Fisher, Beaver Eastern, Green or Notre Dame.

Eastern, River and Southern look to be in contention. As is Rosecrans.
I seen where Trimble is now D6, but I did not see which region Lucas is in. Is the regional map available yet?



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 am

dnis30 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 am
formerfcfan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:16 pm
No Trimble, no Lucas.

In my opinion...

Top four teams, locks to make if they can survive the schedule: Harvest Prep, Newark Cath., Shadyside and Berne Union

Next most likely to make the top eight: Waterford, Fisher, Beaver Eastern, Green or Notre Dame.

Eastern, River and Southern look to be in contention. As is Rosecrans.
I seen where Trimble is now D6, but I did not see which region Lucas is in. Is the regional map available yet?
Lucas is in Region 25 along with Danville. This is the Region with Warren JFK and Cuyahoga Heights.



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:39 am

93Bulldog wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:08 am
What does Berne have returning? I know they play a couple Ohio Division schools this year, including Nelsonville-York.
Berne graduates their QB and RB, but return their line and a few studs. They have a very good coach who can develop talent over the offseason.

They can beat Alex. NY... probably not.



OSU22
Freshman Team
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:09 am

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by OSU22 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:54 am

formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:39 am
93Bulldog wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:08 am
What does Berne have returning? I know they play a couple Ohio Division schools this year, including Nelsonville-York.
Berne graduates their QB and RB, but return their line and a few studs. They have a very good coach who can develop talent over the offseason.

They can beat Alex. NY... probably not.
Alex isn't going to be as easy as you think. LOL :lol:



dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by dnis30 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:20 am

formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 am
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 am
formerfcfan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:16 pm
No Trimble, no Lucas.

In my opinion...

Top four teams, locks to make if they can survive the schedule: Harvest Prep, Newark Cath., Shadyside and Berne Union

Next most likely to make the top eight: Waterford, Fisher, Beaver Eastern, Green or Notre Dame.

Eastern, River and Southern look to be in contention. As is Rosecrans.
I seen where Trimble is now D6, but I did not see which region Lucas is in. Is the regional map available yet?
Lucas is in Region 25 along with Danville. This is the Region with Warren JFK and Cuyahoga Heights.
Can you share a link to this info?



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:18 am

OSU22 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:54 am
formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:39 am
93Bulldog wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:08 am
What does Berne have returning? I know they play a couple Ohio Division schools this year, including Nelsonville-York.
Berne graduates their QB and RB, but return their line and a few studs. They have a very good coach who can develop talent over the offseason.

They can beat Alex. NY... probably not.
Alex isn't going to be as easy as you think. LOL :lol:
You said it, not me.



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:20 am
formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 am
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 am


I seen where Trimble is now D6, but I did not see which region Lucas is in. Is the regional map available yet?
Lucas is in Region 25 along with Danville. This is the Region with Warren JFK and Cuyahoga Heights.
Can you share a link to this info?
http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323680



dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by dnis30 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:40 am

formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 pm
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:20 am
formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 am

Lucas is in Region 25 along with Danville. This is the Region with Warren JFK and Cuyahoga Heights.
Can you share a link to this info?
http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323680
Thank you.



dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by dnis30 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 am

Without Lucas and Trimble in R27 what is everyone going to argue about? Lol.

This region now comes down to 2 teams: Harvest Prep or Shadyside



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:59 am

dnis30 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 am
Without Lucas and Trimble in R27 what is everyone going to argue about? Lol.

This region now comes down to 2 teams: Harvest Prep or Shadyside
HP just needs to be able to survive that brutal schedule. They need 4 wins to make it, I think. But those wins also can’t be against a bunch of teams who will bum it up.

Shadyside is probably more likely to survive their gauntlet.

Even with that considered, we’ll still have posters interested in how slots 3-8 play out. Maybe MillSt is around, somewhere. There generally has been good intra-regional discussion on this region in the past.



dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by dnis30 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:51 am

formerfcfan wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:59 am
dnis30 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 am
Without Lucas and Trimble in R27 what is everyone going to argue about? Lol.

This region now comes down to 2 teams: Harvest Prep or Shadyside
HP just needs to be able to survive that brutal schedule. They need 4 wins to make it, I think. But those wins also can’t be against a bunch of teams who will bum it up.

Shadyside is probably more likely to survive their gauntlet.

Even with that considered, we’ll still have posters interested in how slots 3-8 play out. Maybe MillSt is around, somewhere. There generally has been good intra-regional discussion on this region in the past.
Prep's schedule is rough! Wow.

Canal Winchester Harvest Preparatory
08/30 A Columbus Eastmoor Academy
09/06 H Columbus Franklin Heights
09/13 A Columbus Mifflin
09/20 A Delaware Buckeye Valley
09/27 H Gahanna Columbus Academy
10/04 H Grandview Heights
10/11 A Columbus Bishop Ready
10/18 A Bexley
10/25 H Whitehall-Yearling
11/01 H Baltimore Liberty Union

OUCH.



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by formerfcfan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:35 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:51 am
formerfcfan wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:59 am
dnis30 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 am
Without Lucas and Trimble in R27 what is everyone going to argue about? Lol.

This region now comes down to 2 teams: Harvest Prep or Shadyside
HP just needs to be able to survive that brutal schedule. They need 4 wins to make it, I think. But those wins also can’t be against a bunch of teams who will bum it up.

Shadyside is probably more likely to survive their gauntlet.

Even with that considered, we’ll still have posters interested in how slots 3-8 play out. Maybe MillSt is around, somewhere. There generally has been good intra-regional discussion on this region in the past.
Prep's schedule is rough! Wow.

Canal Winchester Harvest Preparatory
08/30 A Columbus Eastmoor Academy
09/06 H Columbus Franklin Heights
09/13 A Columbus Mifflin
09/20 A Delaware Buckeye Valley
09/27 H Gahanna Columbus Academy
10/04 H Grandview Heights
10/11 A Columbus Bishop Ready
10/18 A Bexley
10/25 H Whitehall-Yearling
11/01 H Baltimore Liberty Union

OUCH.
Them and Lucas arguably have top-5 toughest schedules in D7.



dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by dnis30 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:01 pm

The Lucas schedule! That was a hot topic 6 months ago. Lol.

But no, you are correct. The Lucas schedule is insanely difficult.



dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by dnis30 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:04 pm

Lucas
08/30: @ Danville (DVII)
09/06: @ Centerburg (DVI)
09/13: Galion Northmor (DVI)
09/20: Troy Christian (DVI)
09/27: @ Willard (DV)
10/04: Steubenville Catholic Central (DVII)
10/11: Columbus St. Charles (DII)
10/18: @ Lancaster Fisher Catholic (DVII)
10/25: @ Leavittsburg LaBrae (DV)
11/01: Lima Central Catholic (DVI)



Splashshooter
Waterboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Re: 2019 Region 27

Post by Splashshooter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:34 pm

formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:48 am
93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 pm
Have you seen HP schedule yet? They moved up to the big boy division. Its brutal. I think they still get in, but by no means a lock to host. And Newark Catholic is a (3-7) football team a year ago that also plays a very tough schedule. I'm not counting on them as a lock either. Eastern has a lot more returning than Waterford, I have them as the 2nd best team in the Hocking heading into 2019.
Yeah, trust me, I’m well aware that Harvest Prep is no longer in the Cardinal. LOL. Re: schedules, yeah, I made note of it. Who knows if HP or NC will end up doing a Danville and missing with too too tough of a schedule.

I expect the MSL-Cardinal to have two teams in, but not three. BU and FC. Rosecrans does play Newark Catholic though, week one.
Waterford has a lot to prove this year but I still think they are a good team. With a question everyone wants to know who is the quarterback going to be Zane Heiss? Grant McCutcheon? I personally think Heiss will stay at receiver and Mccutcheon at qb



Post Reply

Return to “Football”