Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post Reply
Tri-StateYouthSports
All State
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm
Contact:

Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:35 am

Zach played in the Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC) game on Sunday(1/13) in Louisville (Battle Of The Ville II).

He subs in with 1:41 left in the 1st qtr (8:55 on the video). Out with 5:17 left in the 2nd.

He got a deflection on D and hit a baseline jumper within the 1st minute.

In again at 3:01 in the 2nd (18:41) and out 0:40 2nd.

Started the 4th.

My (less than) napkin stats
  • 4 pts (1 dunk & 1 missed dunk)
    4-5 rebounds
    1 block
Overall, I'd say a good showing for his limited time with the team.

Note: This game was played on a 74ft court. I find that odd for this level of HS basketball.




Geronimo
Varsity
Posts: 658
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 am

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by Geronimo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Don't know what to say ?



Poo Bear
SE
Posts: 2341
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by Poo Bear » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 pm

Looks good



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1358
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by VetteMan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm

Geronimo wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:08 pm
Don't know what to say ?
If you can't say " Good Luck ", don't say anything at all. It's over and done, move on.



Chief02
Freshman Team
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by Chief02 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm
Geronimo wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:08 pm
Don't know what to say ?
If you can't say " Good Luck ", don't say anything at all. It's over and done, move on.
Good luck. You will need it.



FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3636
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by FANOSPORTS » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:14 am

He will get to see a lot of different venues and sights along with doing a lot of traveling before he graduates with that type of schedule. Maybe 150 people in the stands at this game it looks like.


"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

HamPorter
JV Team
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by HamPorter » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:10 am

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:14 am
He will get to see a lot of different venues and sights along with doing a lot of traveling before he graduates with that type of schedule. Maybe 150 people in the stands at this game it looks like.
Yep. Maybe 10 division 1 scouts, including Louisville's Chris Mack and his top assistant, but that doesn't mean anything :roll:



bbjunky81
All State
Posts: 1230
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:30 pm

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by bbjunky81 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 am

The 1st minute alone shows why he's a D1 kid. There was matchup confusion and he sprints to the opposite block to defend the lob out of position, immediately comes down with a quick catch and shoot in the corner and drains it. Pretty basic stuff for all of us on the outside looking in, but when he's playing with (and against) a multitude of high level D1 players, you see he has more than enough potential to handle his own.

He's a junior in his first game for Huntington Prep. More college coaches will be in attendance each game and they'll be able to see the potential of this kid. What's the worst case scenario? He redshirts his freshman year to expedite the process and STILL gets his school paid for?


Watching SE Ohio basketball and self-anointed pfloyd replacement when he gives it up.

HamPorter
JV Team
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by HamPorter » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 am

bbjunky81 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 am
The 1st minute alone shows why he's a D1 kid. There was matchup confusion and he sprints to the opposite block to defend the lob out of position, immediately comes down with a quick catch and shoot in the corner and drains it. Pretty basic stuff for all of us on the outside looking in, but when he's playing with (and against) a multitude of high level D1 players, you see he has more than enough potential to handle his own.

He's a junior in his first game for Huntington Prep. More college coaches will be in attendance each game and they'll be able to see the potential of this kid. What's the worst case scenario? He redshirts his freshman year to expedite the process and STILL gets his school paid for?
Don't you know that only kids who should be playing at Rio Grande get redshirted at a D1? C'mon man!!!



bbjunky81
All State
Posts: 1230
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:30 pm

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by bbjunky81 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 am

HamPorter wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 am
bbjunky81 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 am
The 1st minute alone shows why he's a D1 kid. There was matchup confusion and he sprints to the opposite block to defend the lob out of position, immediately comes down with a quick catch and shoot in the corner and drains it. Pretty basic stuff for all of us on the outside looking in, but when he's playing with (and against) a multitude of high level D1 players, you see he has more than enough potential to handle his own.

He's a junior in his first game for Huntington Prep. More college coaches will be in attendance each game and they'll be able to see the potential of this kid. What's the worst case scenario? He redshirts his freshman year to expedite the process and STILL gets his school paid for?
Don't you know that only kids who should be playing at Rio Grande get redshirted at a D1? C'mon man!!!
Oh, my bad!! All the 4 star and 5 star recruits on OSU's football team that redshirts seem to disagree. But some people on this board know better than those guys! :P


Watching SE Ohio basketball and self-anointed pfloyd replacement when he gives it up.

User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1359
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by BlizzardMan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am

bbjunky81 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 am
HamPorter wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 am
bbjunky81 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 am
The 1st minute alone shows why he's a D1 kid. There was matchup confusion and he sprints to the opposite block to defend the lob out of position, immediately comes down with a quick catch and shoot in the corner and drains it. Pretty basic stuff for all of us on the outside looking in, but when he's playing with (and against) a multitude of high level D1 players, you see he has more than enough potential to handle his own.

He's a junior in his first game for Huntington Prep. More college coaches will be in attendance each game and they'll be able to see the potential of this kid. What's the worst case scenario? He redshirts his freshman year to expedite the process and STILL gets his school paid for?
Don't you know that only kids who should be playing at Rio Grande get redshirted at a D1? C'mon man!!!
Oh, my bad!! All the 4 star and 5 star recruits on OSU's football team that redshirts seem to disagree. But some people on this board know better than those guys! :P
How any nimrod who watches some basketball from the stands thinks they know more than college scouts is baffling. Do you argue with your dentist about what he should do during dental surgery? What Loveday does defensively alone is enough to get D1 looks. I just don't get it. People want him to put up 40 a night and average a triple double for him to be "good enough". Morons.



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by formerfcfan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:00 am

BlizzardMan wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
bbjunky81 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 am
HamPorter wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 am


Don't you know that only kids who should be playing at Rio Grande get redshirted at a D1? C'mon man!!!
Oh, my bad!! All the 4 star and 5 star recruits on OSU's football team that redshirts seem to disagree. But some people on this board know better than those guys! :P
How any nimrod who watches some basketball from the stands thinks they know more than college scouts is baffling. Do you argue with your dentist about what he should do during dental surgery? What Loveday does defensively alone is enough to get D1 looks. I just don't get it. People want him to put up 40 a night and average a triple double for him to be "good enough". Morons.
Most of these lummoxes think to themselves “if I was 7’1”, I’d be throwing down twenty dunks and triple-doubles every night & be dating Miss Ohio at the same time.” That boy is uh underachievin’ traituh!



Reds Fan
Freshman Team
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm
Location: Wellston

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by Reds Fan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 am

good first game for Loveday.



Post Reply

Return to “Boys Basketball”