Logan football 2019

User avatar
NY Tomcat
Freshman Team
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by NY Tomcat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm

1987chieftains wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 pm
svac83 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 pm
Coming from a Gallia Academy fan this is what i can tell you about what i would expect out of coach Eddy's team year 1. First you will see this right out of gate this team will be in good physical condition. Some people will be upset because they think some kids are playing out of position. Your team will not physically back down from anyone. Every week your team will be put on the field with a game plan that if executed will give them a chance to win. Doesn't necessarily mean you will win the games. Your team may be beat by superior or talent or execution. But it wont be from not having a good game plan.

The community will probably never all be behind coach Eddy. He is a polarizing figure. He will turn out great young men and improve there football skills. Not many people have neutral opinion on him. I think he will be extremely effective coach at Logan.
Just that alone will be a nice change! Logan always seemed be changing offenses or defensive schemes every year or in mid season :shock: .
I've heard they have the old OC back from when they were making it to the playoffs. They need to get Amyx back to call the defense. Can't help but make them better.



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Before him, they was in the playoffs when Jim (Rock) Robinson was the OC as well.



User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by cbolt » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:36 pm

According to the paper vacation time ended yesterday. Time to get the sweat flying boys. Lots of grueling workouts ahead I bet.



User avatar
9.5 INCHES
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Location: UP IN DEEP

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Soooo it was true about vacation...? Huh...I'll be darn.... Not good for the young men to have success....What paper is it in,.. C Clamp....? Where can I buy one....? Would like to read about it.....



User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by cbolt » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 am

It partly true inches! School board adopted a policy this year called "down time" where student athletes have to stay completely away from all activities from last part June until after the first part of July to be with their families. Craig Dunn said he likes the idea and said it should be implemented state wide. Gotta recharge them batteries sometime inches. 8-)



User avatar
9.5 INCHES
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Location: UP IN DEEP

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:22 am

Implemented State wide....Won't happen....Know of some schools that has numerous State Championships in Football, and most would not go for the idea of down time.....Not in the cards for success.....What paper was this in?....Gotta be kidding.....



moonshine
SEO
Posts: 2901
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by moonshine » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 am

cbolt wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 am
It partly true inches! School board adopted a policy this year called "down time" where student athletes have to stay completely away from all activities from last part June until after the first part of July to be with their families. Craig Dunn said he likes the idea and said it should be implemented state wide. Gotta recharge them batteries sometime inches. 8-)
NUTS :mrgreen:



Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 7711
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by Raider6309 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:19 pm

cbolt wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 am
It partly true inches! School board adopted a policy this year called "down time" where student athletes have to stay completely away from all activities from last part June until after the first part of July to be with their families. Craig Dunn said he likes the idea and said it should be implemented state wide. Gotta recharge them batteries sometime inches. 8-)
Most schools give you a week off for vacation



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:01 pm

cbolt wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 am
Gotta recharge them batteries sometime 8-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by cbolt » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:57 pm

The way things are going the "down time" will probably keep getting longer in the future. My buddies inches and moonshine won't like that. :lol:



User avatar
9.5 INCHES
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Location: UP IN DEEP

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:44 pm

Way below .500 seasons will be getting longer in the future too with a policy like that......It's not the point in me liking it....Would like to see the Chieftains do better....I just know what it takes to make a tough winning team....Been there, seen it, and participated on championship teams.....Never seen or heard of down time accomplishing A plus success... It's like hitting the books.... if you slack and don't study.....Failure follows.....



svac83
All State
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by svac83 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:13 pm

i think really with all the rule changes a policy like this does not hurt you too bad. Because you can do a lot of things in small groups does not require to use any of your 10 day of summer practice.



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:46 pm

cbolt wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:57 pm
The way things are going the "down time" will probably keep getting longer in the future.
That wouldn't surprise me at all, Bolt. :lol: :lol: :lol:



User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by cbolt » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Yep they will probably say it reduces the chance of injury by having more time off, like the OHSAA did with all the tackling restrictions they made in recent years. We had the whole month of June off when we played. I could see them going back to that with no weight rooms or nothing until after the 4th of July.



User avatar
9.5 INCHES
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Location: UP IN DEEP

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 am

Can't control what the School board does....I'm not from around here but bought a little get away place in the area and seen a few games and will see some more this fall....I noticed Logan was in some games last year they could have won, but ran out of juice and mistakes and bad game plans...Work hard and a little fine tuning in skills and player placement from a good coach could change that around....Very unique School and facility's and area to be missing out on success...The locals I have met so far are friendly and seem to have some intelligence what it takes to win....Some I conversed with seem to be upset about the way the over all program has been ran in the last decade or so.....No reason they shouldn't be playing good ball like a big Div 2 School should.....



User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by cbolt » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:



moonshine
SEO
Posts: 2901
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by moonshine » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:18 am

9.5 INCHES wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 am
Can't control what the School board does....I'm not from around here but bought a little get away place in the area and seen a few games and will see some more this fall....I noticed Logan was in some games last year they could have won, but ran out of juice and mistakes and bad game plans...Work hard and a little fine tuning in skills and player placement from a good coach could change that around....Very unique School and facility's and area to be missing out on success...The locals I have met so far are friendly and seem to have some intelligence what it takes to win....Some I conversed with seem to be upset about the way the over all program has been ran in the last decade or so.....No reason they shouldn't be playing good ball like a big Div 2 School should.....
I agree more than the mandated down time by OHSAA is a recipe for failure :mrgreen:



Chieftain Fan
Varsity
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:35 am

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by Chieftain Fan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:23 pm

When I was working I gave everyone the week of July 4th off . It paid off with everyone refreshed and ready to go back to work with a better attitude. Families should have time together because these kids grow up way to fast.



Baldeagle
Freshman Team
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by Baldeagle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:39 pm

9.5 INCHES wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 am
Can't control what the School board does....I'm not from around here but bought a little get away place in the area and seen a few games and will see some more this fall....I noticed Logan was in some games last year they could have won, but ran out of juice and mistakes and bad game plans...Work hard and a little fine tuning in skills and player placement from a good coach could change that around....Very unique School and facility's and area to be missing out on success...The locals I have met so far are friendly and seem to have some intelligence what it takes to win....Some I conversed with seem to be upset about the way the over all program has been ran in the last decade or so.....No reason they shouldn't be playing good ball like a big Div 2 School should.....
Fans with knowledge. I doubt it. They think they know but they dont and they never will. Sorta like that one logan fan on here that always has an opinion based on his own "career". He doesnt know anything either.



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:01 am

I wouldn't say that my friend Baldeagle. Plenty of fans/spectators that knows football and has plenty of common sense to see what's happening in front of them. Unprepared players, players out of place, repeated mistakes, bad decision making, poor tackling skills, lacking of discipline, etc etc. I could go on, but i disagree with you that fans don't have knowledge. And don't forget, there are also old coaches in the stands with years of experience.



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:10 am

9.5 INCHES wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 am
No reason they shouldn't be playing good ball like a big Div 2 School should.....
I'll have to agree with ya about that, 9.5. Maybe Duck Dynasty will have them looking and playing like a Div 2 team again before long.



User avatar
1987chieftains
SEOPS H
Posts: 7380
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by 1987chieftains » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:25 pm

Baldeagle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:39 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 am
Can't control what the School board does....I'm not from around here but bought a little get away place in the area and seen a few games and will see some more this fall....I noticed Logan was in some games last year they could have won, but ran out of juice and mistakes and bad game plans...Work hard and a little fine tuning in skills and player placement from a good coach could change that around....Very unique School and facility's and area to be missing out on success...The locals I have met so far are friendly and seem to have some intelligence what it takes to win....Some I conversed with seem to be upset about the way the over all program has been ran in the last decade or so.....No reason they shouldn't be playing good ball like a big Div 2 School should.....
Fans with knowledge. I doubt it. They think they know but they dont and they never will. Sorta like that one logan fan on here that always has an opinion based on his own "career". He doesnt know anything either.
Eagle, Prove me wrong on how the world works....


AT THE RESERVATION

User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:23 am

1987chieftains wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:25 pm
Baldeagle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:39 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 am
Can't control what the School board does....I'm not from around here but bought a little get away place in the area and seen a few games and will see some more this fall....I noticed Logan was in some games last year they could have won, but ran out of juice and mistakes and bad game plans...Work hard and a little fine tuning in skills and player placement from a good coach could change that around....Very unique School and facility's and area to be missing out on success...The locals I have met so far are friendly and seem to have some intelligence what it takes to win....Some I conversed with seem to be upset about the way the over all program has been ran in the last decade or so.....No reason they shouldn't be playing good ball like a big Div 2 School should.....
Fans with knowledge. I doubt it. They think they know but they dont and they never will. Sorta like that one logan fan on here that always has an opinion based on his own "career". He doesnt know anything either.
Eagle, Prove me wrong on how the world works....
Sounds like in Baldeagles world the fans in stadiums are nothing more than clueless/lifeless Mannequins, or a big crowd of ice age Neanderthals. :lol: :lol: :lol:



User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 266705
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by noreply66 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:03 am

Baldeagle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:39 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 am
Can't control what the School board does....I'm not from around here but bought a little get away place in the area and seen a few games and will see some more this fall....I noticed Logan was in some games last year they could have won, but ran out of juice and mistakes and bad game plans...Work hard and a little fine tuning in skills and player placement from a good coach could change that around....Very unique School and facility's and area to be missing out on success...The locals I have met so far are friendly and seem to have some intelligence what it takes to win....Some I conversed with seem to be upset about the way the over all program has been ran in the last decade or so.....No reason they shouldn't be playing good ball like a big Div 2 School should.....
Fans with knowledge. I doubt it. They think they know but they dont and they never will. Sorta like that one logan fan on here that always has an opinion based on his own "career". He doesnt know anything either.
Sounds like a bird of many colors or a bird with no name.


GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

User avatar
1987chieftains
SEOPS H
Posts: 7380
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by 1987chieftains » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Just another feeble attempt at taking a jab at Logan.


AT THE RESERVATION

Post Reply

Return to “Football”