THE trademark

cbolt
SEOP

THE trademark

Post by cbolt »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just when I thought I seen it all.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... spartanntp

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Re: THE trademark

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Okay, I love my Buckeyes. But this is kind of ridiculous.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Same here 2009. I have always loved them but stupid, greedy stuff like this makes us all look like a bunch of morons. This will only fan the flames for the haters. :(

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Kinda embarrassing for most Buckeye fans I bet. Com-on. Childish and pedestal-ism. WTH? :lol: :lol: :lol: Non Buckeyes will make fun of this big time. :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet ole big D will shake his head about this, Bolt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Having dabbled in public relations in the hospital field, I know how important it is to control your brand or image through trademarks or copyrights. This effort on "The" however is embarrassing and actually damages the brand of OSU.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Most of the country will want to barf......What a joke......

Bob Bolshavic
Freshman Team

Post by Bob Bolshavic »

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

not a big hit here on this thread

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Ohio University social media accounts are having fun with it

Its all in the hips
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

I saw that happy. THE First University in Ohio! I love it

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

The General told me he got the boot. They said he was cussing...Not telling the truth...And upsetting the crybaby ohio HOMERS so much that they were complaining to the "mods" that they just couldnt take it any more...That his "extenson" chord didnt stretch all the way to the wall...He was attacking the "ohio' board...And he had to go :lol: ...And he was talking about THE SEC and their dominance all the time,hurting a HOMER's Self-esteem..Well....His ejection has just about crushed THE Great General. BUT...HE did alert me to remind a HOMER of a thing or 6 about referring to yourself as "THE"....

You CANNOT be THE when you are 0-13 against Clemson,FLA,FSU,Ga,War Eagle,Tennessee,and SCarolina in football games :lol: ...You cannot be THE when you are 1-3 ALL-Time vs THE TIDE and 3-11 ALL-TIME vs THE SEC...You cannot be THE when you have a 23-26 record ALL-TIME against "Bluebloods" USC,Texas,SOONER,LSU,The U,Va Tech,Stanford,and ND....You CANNOT be THE when you are 24-42 ALL-TIME against these kind of outfits....You CANNOT be THE when you have a losing record ALL-TIME against Michigan and PSU combined....You CANNOT be THE when you "Only" have a winning record ALL-Time vs PSU and ND of these teams....You CANNOT be THE when your ALL-TIME record against these 18 Aforementioned Great Universities of Higher learning is 94 wins...AND 115 losses!! :lol: ...NOT possible...

You CANT be "THE" when you DO NOT have a winning record in Bowl games...

You CANT be 'THE" when you win the big 14 2 yrs in a row and are so lowly regarded you are NOT selected to particpate in the Playoffs......

You CANNOT be "THE" when you havent scored 1 single point in the Playoffs in 5 years....

You CANNOT be "THE" when you are the Big Dog in a weak league from top to bottom....You CANNOT be "THE" when you have NEVER defeated an AP Top 5 ranked ballclub Out of Conference at home...EVER

You CANNOT be "THE" when the last 5 Head football coaches at this place were kicked to the curb in less than Unflattering ways....Including Pinnochio

You CANNOT be "THE" when you play a football schedule, like ohio did last year, that their opponents went a combined 89-90....

Good Luck to The General...I am sure a HOMER would agree....

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Inspector wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm The General told me he got the boot. They said he was cussing...Not telling the truth...And upsetting the crybaby ohio HOMERS so much that they were complaining to the "mods" that they just couldnt take it any more...That his "extenson" chord didnt stretch all the way to the wall...He was attacking the "ohio' board...And he had to go :lol: ...And he was talking about THE SEC and their dominance all the time,hurting a HOMER's Self-esteem..Well....His ejection has just about crushed THE Great General. BUT...HE did alert me to remind a HOMER of a thing or 6 about referring to yourself as "THE"....

You CANNOT be THE when you are 0-13 against Clemson,FLA,FSU,Ga,War Eagle,Tennessee,and SCarolina in football games :lol: ...You cannot be THE when you are 1-3 ALL-Time vs THE TIDE and 3-11 ALL-TIME vs THE SEC...You cannot be THE when you have a 23-26 record ALL-TIME against "Bluebloods" USC,Texas,SOONER,LSU,The U,Va Tech,Stanford,and ND....You CANNOT be THE when you are 24-42 ALL-TIME against these kind of outfits....You CANNOT be THE when you have a losing record ALL-TIME against Michigan and PSU combined....You CANNOT be THE when you "Only" have a winning record ALL-Time vs PSU and ND of these teams....You CANNOT be THE when your ALL-TIME record against these 18 Aforementioned Great Universities of Higher learning is 94 wins...AND 115 losses!! :lol: ...NOT possible...

You CANT be 'THE" when you win the big 14 2 yrs in a row and are so lowly regarded you are NOT selected to particpate in the Playoffs......

You CANNOT be "THE" when you havent scored 1 single point in the Playoffs in 5 years....

You CANNOT be "THE" when you are the Big Dog in a weak league from top to bottom....You CANNOT be "THE" when you have NEVER defeated an AP Top 5 ranked ballclub Out of Conference at home...EVER

You CANNOT be "THE" when the last 5 Head football coaches at this place were kicked to the curb in less than Unflattering ways....Including Pinnochio

You CANNOT be "THE" when you play a football schedule, like ohio did last year, that their opponents went a combined 89-90....

Well, none of us Buckeye fans are saying this is the right thing to do. Anybody can claim themselves as "The". The University of Alabama. The Louisiana State University. The University of Michigan. The Notre Dame University. The Michigan State University. The University of Wisconsin. The Oklahoma University. The University of Texas. The University of Southern California. The Ohio University. The Bowling Green State University. Whatever it may be, their file to use the word "The", I'm sure, will be declined.

One last note, we all know that inspector and general are the same person lol. Welcome back man. You keep it interesting on this board.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:49 pm
The Inspector wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm The General told me he got the boot. They said he was cussing...Not telling the truth...And upsetting the crybaby ohio HOMERS so much that they were complaining to the "mods" that they just couldnt take it any more...That his "extenson" chord didnt stretch all the way to the wall...He was attacking the "ohio' board...And he had to go :lol: ...And he was talking about THE SEC and their dominance all the time,hurting a HOMER's Self-esteem..Well....His ejection has just about crushed THE Great General. BUT...HE did alert me to remind a HOMER of a thing or 6 about referring to yourself as "THE"....

Well, none of us Buckeye fans are saying this is the right thing to do. Anybody can claim themselves as "The". The University of Alabama. The Louisiana State University. The University of Michigan. The Notre Dame University. The Michigan State University. The University of Wisconsin. The Oklahoma University. The University of Texas. The University of Southern California. The Ohio University. The Bowling Green State University. Whatever it may be, their file to use the word "The", I'm sure, will be declined.

One last note, we all know that inspector and general are the same person lol. Welcome back man. You keep it interesting on this board.

LOL good call out

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Their name is Ohio A&M. The Ohio Farm School

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

THE SEOPREPS

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The General is still here. They have just chose to not to post going back to May of this year.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I don't understand what all the commotion is about. So, they want to TM it. If they can, fine. Believe me, everyone outside of Ohio hates the Buckeyes and their fans. Stick it in and twist it to the haters.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Let me see....trademark all caps THE. As the late Arte Johnson would say...."Very interesting, but stupid".

Kylie Jenner attempted to trademark her first name...that didn't work so well either.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “College Sports”