THE trademark

Post Reply
User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3254
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

THE trademark

Post by cbolt » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just when I thought I seen it all.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... spartanntp



User avatar
9.5 INCHES
Freshman Team
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Location: UP IN DEEP

Re: THE trademark

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:10 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:



The Inspector
Varsity
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: THE trademark

Post by The Inspector » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Chieftain2009
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9716
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: THE trademark

Post by Chieftain2009 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Okay, I love my Buckeyes. But this is kind of ridiculous.



User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3254
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: THE trademark

Post by cbolt » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:06 pm

Same here 2009. I have always loved them but stupid, greedy stuff like this makes us all look like a bunch of morons. This will only fan the flames for the haters. :(



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17882
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: THE trademark

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Kinda embarrassing for most Buckeye fans I bet. Com-on. Childish and pedestal-ism. WTH? :lol: :lol: :lol: Non Buckeyes will make fun of this big time. :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet ole big D will shake his head about this, Bolt. :lol: :lol: :lol:



Omega
SE
Posts: 2194
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: THE trademark

Post by Omega » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:45 pm

Having dabbled in public relations in the hospital field, I know how important it is to control your brand or image through trademarks or copyrights. This effort on "The" however is embarrassing and actually damages the brand of OSU.


Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

User avatar
9.5 INCHES
Freshman Team
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Location: UP IN DEEP

Re: THE trademark

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Most of the country will want to barf......What a joke......



User avatar
Bob Bolshavic
Waterboy
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:59 am
Location: somewhere in motherland

Re: THE trademark

Post by Bob Bolshavic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:04 am

Image



countywide35
All State
Posts: 1339
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: THE trademark

Post by countywide35 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:35 am

not a big hit here on this thread



Happy McGavin
JV Team
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: THE trademark

Post by Happy McGavin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Ohio University social media accounts are having fun with it


The 9th green at 9

User avatar
9.5 INCHES
Freshman Team
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Location: UP IN DEEP

Re: THE trademark

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:11 pm

I saw that happy. THE First University in Ohio! I love it



The Inspector
Varsity
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: THE trademark

Post by The Inspector » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm

The General told me he got the boot. They said he was cussing...Not telling the truth...And upsetting the crybaby ohio HOMERS so much that they were complaining to the "mods" that they just couldnt take it any more...That his "extenson" chord didnt stretch all the way to the wall...He was attacking the "ohio' board...And he had to go :lol: ...And he was talking about THE SEC and their dominance all the time,hurting a HOMER's Self-esteem..Well....His ejection has just about crushed THE Great General. BUT...HE did alert me to remind a HOMER of a thing or 6 about referring to yourself as "THE"....

You CANNOT be THE when you are 0-13 against Clemson,FLA,FSU,Ga,War Eagle,Tennessee,and SCarolina in football games :lol: ...You cannot be THE when you are 1-3 ALL-Time vs THE TIDE and 3-11 ALL-TIME vs THE SEC...You cannot be THE when you have a 23-26 record ALL-TIME against "Bluebloods" USC,Texas,SOONER,LSU,The U,Va Tech,Stanford,and ND....You CANNOT be THE when you are 24-42 ALL-TIME against these kind of outfits....You CANNOT be THE when you have a losing record ALL-TIME against Michigan and PSU combined....You CANNOT be THE when you "Only" have a winning record ALL-Time vs PSU and ND of these teams....You CANNOT be THE when your ALL-TIME record against these 18 Aforementioned Great Universities of Higher learning is 94 wins...AND 115 losses!! :lol: ...NOT possible...

You CANT be "THE" when you DO NOT have a winning record in Bowl games...

You CANT be 'THE" when you win the big 14 2 yrs in a row and are so lowly regarded you are NOT selected to particpate in the Playoffs......

You CANNOT be "THE" when you havent scored 1 single point in the Playoffs in 5 years....

You CANNOT be "THE" when you are the Big Dog in a weak league from top to bottom....You CANNOT be "THE" when you have NEVER defeated an AP Top 5 ranked ballclub Out of Conference at home...EVER

You CANNOT be "THE" when the last 5 Head football coaches at this place were kicked to the curb in less than Unflattering ways....Including Pinnochio

You CANNOT be "THE" when you play a football schedule, like ohio did last year, that their opponents went a combined 89-90....

Good Luck to The General...I am sure a HOMER would agree....



Chieftain2009
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9716
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: THE trademark

Post by Chieftain2009 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:49 pm

The Inspector wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm
The General told me he got the boot. They said he was cussing...Not telling the truth...And upsetting the crybaby ohio HOMERS so much that they were complaining to the "mods" that they just couldnt take it any more...That his "extenson" chord didnt stretch all the way to the wall...He was attacking the "ohio' board...And he had to go :lol: ...And he was talking about THE SEC and their dominance all the time,hurting a HOMER's Self-esteem..Well....His ejection has just about crushed THE Great General. BUT...HE did alert me to remind a HOMER of a thing or 6 about referring to yourself as "THE"....

You CANNOT be THE when you are 0-13 against Clemson,FLA,FSU,Ga,War Eagle,Tennessee,and SCarolina in football games :lol: ...You cannot be THE when you are 1-3 ALL-Time vs THE TIDE and 3-11 ALL-TIME vs THE SEC...You cannot be THE when you have a 23-26 record ALL-TIME against "Bluebloods" USC,Texas,SOONER,LSU,The U,Va Tech,Stanford,and ND....You CANNOT be THE when you are 24-42 ALL-TIME against these kind of outfits....You CANNOT be THE when you have a losing record ALL-TIME against Michigan and PSU combined....You CANNOT be THE when you "Only" have a winning record ALL-Time vs PSU and ND of these teams....You CANNOT be THE when your ALL-TIME record against these 18 Aforementioned Great Universities of Higher learning is 94 wins...AND 115 losses!! :lol: ...NOT possible...

You CANT be "THE" when you DO NOT have a winning record in Bowl games...

You CANT be 'THE" when you win the big 14 2 yrs in a row and are so lowly regarded you are NOT selected to particpate in the Playoffs......

You CANNOT be "THE" when you havent scored 1 single point in the Playoffs in 5 years....

You CANNOT be "THE" when you are the Big Dog in a weak league from top to bottom....You CANNOT be "THE" when you have NEVER defeated an AP Top 5 ranked ballclub Out of Conference at home...EVER

You CANNOT be "THE" when the last 5 Head football coaches at this place were kicked to the curb in less than Unflattering ways....Including Pinnochio

You CANNOT be "THE" when you play a football schedule, like ohio did last year, that their opponents went a combined 89-90....

Good Luck to The General...I am sure a HOMER would agree....
Well, none of us Buckeye fans are saying this is the right thing to do. Anybody can claim themselves as "The". The University of Alabama. The Louisiana State University. The University of Michigan. The Notre Dame University. The Michigan State University. The University of Wisconsin. The Oklahoma University. The University of Texas. The University of Southern California. The Ohio University. The Bowling Green State University. Whatever it may be, their file to use the word "The", I'm sure, will be declined.

One last note, we all know that inspector and general are the same person lol. Welcome back man. You keep it interesting on this board.



countywide35
All State
Posts: 1339
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: THE trademark

Post by countywide35 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Chieftain2009 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:49 pm
The Inspector wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm
The General told me he got the boot. They said he was cussing...Not telling the truth...And upsetting the crybaby ohio HOMERS so much that they were complaining to the "mods" that they just couldnt take it any more...That his "extenson" chord didnt stretch all the way to the wall...He was attacking the "ohio' board...And he had to go :lol: ...And he was talking about THE SEC and their dominance all the time,hurting a HOMER's Self-esteem..Well....His ejection has just about crushed THE Great General. BUT...HE did alert me to remind a HOMER of a thing or 6 about referring to yourself as "THE"....

You CANNOT be THE when you are 0-13 against Clemson,FLA,FSU,Ga,War Eagle,Tennessee,and SCarolina in football games :lol: ...You cannot be THE when you are 1-3 ALL-Time vs THE TIDE and 3-11 ALL-TIME vs THE SEC...You cannot be THE when you have a 23-26 record ALL-TIME against "Bluebloods" USC,Texas,SOONER,LSU,The U,Va Tech,Stanford,and ND....You CANNOT be THE when you are 24-42 ALL-TIME against these kind of outfits....You CANNOT be THE when you have a losing record ALL-TIME against Michigan and PSU combined....You CANNOT be THE when you "Only" have a winning record ALL-Time vs PSU and ND of these teams....You CANNOT be THE when your ALL-TIME record against these 18 Aforementioned Great Universities of Higher learning is 94 wins...AND 115 losses!! :lol: ...NOT possible...

You CANT be "THE" when you DO NOT have a winning record in Bowl games...

You CANT be 'THE" when you win the big 14 2 yrs in a row and are so lowly regarded you are NOT selected to particpate in the Playoffs......

You CANNOT be "THE" when you havent scored 1 single point in the Playoffs in 5 years....

You CANNOT be "THE" when you are the Big Dog in a weak league from top to bottom....You CANNOT be "THE" when you have NEVER defeated an AP Top 5 ranked ballclub Out of Conference at home...EVER

You CANNOT be "THE" when the last 5 Head football coaches at this place were kicked to the curb in less than Unflattering ways....Including Pinnochio

You CANNOT be "THE" when you play a football schedule, like ohio did last year, that their opponents went a combined 89-90....

Good Luck to The General...I am sure a HOMER would agree....
Well, none of us Buckeye fans are saying this is the right thing to do. Anybody can claim themselves as "The". The University of Alabama. The Louisiana State University. The University of Michigan. The Notre Dame University. The Michigan State University. The University of Wisconsin. The Oklahoma University. The University of Texas. The University of Southern California. The Ohio University. The Bowling Green State University. Whatever it may be, their file to use the word "The", I'm sure, will be declined.

One last note, we all know that inspector and general are the same person lol. Welcome back man. You keep it interesting on this board.

LOL good call out



Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 7791
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: THE trademark

Post by Raider6309 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Their name is Ohio A&M. The Ohio Farm School



User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 267062
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: THE trademark

Post by noreply66 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:10 am

THE SEOPREPS


GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 267062
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: THE trademark

Post by noreply66 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:26 am

The Inspector wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm
The General told me he got the boot. They said he was cussing...Not telling the truth...And upsetting the crybaby ohio HOMERS so much that they were complaining to the "mods" that they just couldnt take it any more...That his "extenson" chord didnt stretch all the way to the wall...He was attacking the "ohio' board...And he had to go :lol: ...And he was talking about THE SEC and their dominance all the time,hurting a HOMER's Self-esteem..Well....His ejection has just about crushed THE Great General. BUT...HE did alert me to remind a HOMER of a thing or 6 about referring to yourself as "THE"....

You CANNOT be THE when you are 0-13 against Clemson,FLA,FSU,Ga,War Eagle,Tennessee,and SCarolina in football games :lol: ...You cannot be THE when you are 1-3 ALL-Time vs THE TIDE and 3-11 ALL-TIME vs THE SEC...You cannot be THE when you have a 23-26 record ALL-TIME against "Bluebloods" USC,Texas,SOONER,LSU,The U,Va Tech,Stanford,and ND....You CANNOT be THE when you are 24-42 ALL-TIME against these kind of outfits....You CANNOT be THE when you have a losing record ALL-TIME against Michigan and PSU combined....You CANNOT be THE when you "Only" have a winning record ALL-Time vs PSU and ND of these teams....You CANNOT be THE when your ALL-TIME record against these 18 Aforementioned Great Universities of Higher learning is 94 wins...AND 115 losses!! :lol: ...NOT possible...

You CANT be "THE" when you DO NOT have a winning record in Bowl games...

You CANT be 'THE" when you win the big 14 2 yrs in a row and are so lowly regarded you are NOT selected to particpate in the Playoffs......

You CANNOT be "THE" when you havent scored 1 single point in the Playoffs in 5 years....

You CANNOT be "THE" when you are the Big Dog in a weak league from top to bottom....You CANNOT be "THE" when you have NEVER defeated an AP Top 5 ranked ballclub Out of Conference at home...EVER

You CANNOT be "THE" when the last 5 Head football coaches at this place were kicked to the curb in less than Unflattering ways....Including Pinnochio

You CANNOT be "THE" when you play a football schedule, like ohio did last year, that their opponents went a combined 89-90....

Good Luck to The General...I am sure a HOMER would agree....
The General is still here. They have just chose to not to post going back to May of this year.


GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

User avatar
dazed&confused
SEOPS H
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:39 am
Location: On the road making sales!

Re: THE trademark

Post by dazed&confused » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:38 pm

I don't understand what all the commotion is about. So, they want to TM it. If they can, fine. Believe me, everyone outside of Ohio hates the Buckeyes and their fans. Stick it in and twist it to the haters.



OHHS old timer
S
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: THE trademark

Post by OHHS old timer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Let me see....trademark all caps THE. As the late Arte Johnson would say...."Very interesting, but stupid".

Kylie Jenner attempted to trademark her first name...that didn't work so well either.


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

OHHS old timer
S
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: THE trademark

Post by OHHS old timer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:00 pm

Welcome back...inspector/general.


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 267062
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: THE trademark

Post by noreply66 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Bammer


GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

The Inspector
Varsity
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: THE trademark

Post by The Inspector » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:58 pm

OHHS old timer wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:00 pm
Welcome back...inspector/general.
Thanks man!!!....



The Inspector
Varsity
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: THE trademark

Post by The Inspector » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 pm

noreply66 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:10 pm
Bammer
Logan HOMER



FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3824
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: THE trademark

Post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:46 am

Ohio University 1804, Ohio A&M 1870 (changed to OSU 1873). Case closed. It just goes to show that being in the middle of the state and in the capital city will eventually bring more students, money, power and acclaim. This ball just got rolling 25 or so years ago on this stupid THE and It's crazy. It was Ok when Jesse Owens wore OHIO on his jersey decades ago, when Woody Hayes and his players when signing autographs would add the quote "Yea, Ohio" and such. Nobody cared or thought about THE. Everyone knows who OSU is and it's just another power grab for more dollars...... and some people can't figure out why others around the USA hate the bucks. The politicians call that bullying.


"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Post Reply

Return to “College Sports”