Nelsonville-York Cross Country

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Nelsonville-York Cross Country

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I haven't heard much talk about the NY Cross Country Team. How are they looking this season? How many boys/girls are out for the team. Are the numbers up? I think this is only the third year of the program, so I know it is still building itself.

The boys team finished right in the middle of the pack in the TVC OHIO last year........very impressive for only the second year of the programs existence! GO BUCKS!

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Re: Nelsonville-York Cross Country

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

Great to see another program being started and building itself up in the area. It can only mean good things for the level of competition, as well as the district numbers. Those are always a sticking point. The more full teams that toe the line at districts, the greater chance there is that they will sever the district race until multiple district races. This simply means more kids from the area will have the chance to advance on to regionals. Good luck to you folks this year. :-D

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

what i have been seeing for nelsonville xc team is that there coach is doing a good job with that team. for only being around for 3 years he is doing a really good job and hope for better things in the next couble of years

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

For some schools, it's tough to find enough kids to even make up a team. Jackson is a perfect example of this. One of the bigger schools in the area and we cant field a team at any level. We have 4 jr high girls and 1 boy. At the varsity level we have 4 boys and 3 girls. It's a tough sport and it gets little publicity. Maybe thats part of the problem. I haven't had a chance to see NY in action but hopefully you can turn it into a strong program. The more strength the sport can get in the area, the better.

Return to “Cross Country”