SEOAL runners

ironmen1987
SE

SEOAL runners

Post by ironmen1987 »

As the season winds down, who will win the league meet?

HS BOYS- Gary Monroe Ironton
HS GIRLS- Peyton Adkins Gallia or Taylor Hacker Ironton

Top MS runners this year:

BOYS- Ira Hobbs Jackson
GIRLS- Madison Holley Gallia

I haven't had a chance to see Marietta or Warren so they might have runners with something to say about this???

cant stop this
All State

Re: SEOAL runners

Post by cant stop this »

I like Monroe's chances of top 2 or 3, i think one kid from marietta has a faster time than Monroe, his name is like Wesal<sp>. Top three teams marietta, Warren, Ironton. I also think the Peyton has to be the favorite, beating Hacker twice recently, but it's highschool sports so as we all know anything can happen.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

My predictions:

Boys: Wesel, Fobes, Cochran, Monroe, Wittekind
Girls: Adkins, Garrison, Hacker, McCorkle, Warner
Team Boys: Marietta
Team Girls: Gallia (I know Marietta has better times, but GA top 5 have been pretty sick and all are finally healthy this week)

Chilly has a pretty tough course (not as tough as Warren's) but I think it runs pretty long. Times won't be fast.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

Alex Wesel-Marietta Ran 16:59 @ Thomas Worthington

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Where will this years race be?

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

SErunner wrote:Where will this years race be?

the meet is going to be in chill this year. heard it will be a hard course

bullfrog
Waterboy

Post by bullfrog »

This year TVC looks a little bit better then SEOAL, TVC has more quicker runners and the times are faster as well.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Not really sure what you are basing that on because you can't really go by times unless the teams are running on the same courses. The SEOAL seems to have good runners at every level both boys and girls. Athens is the only TVC team that stands out (that i've watched) although the Vinton Co girls team seems solid also. Maybe next year would be a good time to have a TVC/SEOAL INVITATIONAL at either Jackson or Alexander. That would definitely showcase some of the top runners in southern ohio and be a joy to watch. I haven't been able to see alot of the area teams due to scheduling.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

ironmen1987 wrote:Not really sure what you are basing that on because you can't really go by times unless the teams are running on the same courses. The SEOAL seems to have good runners at every level both boys and girls. Athens is the only TVC team that stands out (that i've watched) although the Vinton Co girls team seems solid also. Maybe next year would be a good time to have a TVC/SEOAL INVITATIONAL at either Jackson or Alexander. That would definitely showcase some of the top runners in southern ohio and be a joy to watch. I haven't been able to see alot of the area teams due to scheduling.

That would be a great meet.

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

Lets set a date on the calander and make it happen..

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Walked the course last night. There has been some changes. First of all, don't even bring a watch....you won't need it. If it stays the same, it is by far the most difficult course our team has run on. They've added a water crossing. The packet says it's 15 feet......it's maybe 15 yards or more. It has rough steep chewed up concrete going down into it and coming out of it. The water is 4 inches or more and the bottom is concrete. Also, I'm sure the teams will enjoy the steep moguls that are single file with a nice big rut in them....there's about 5 of them in a row. Then, you can run up over a slight hill right next to a dropoff that if it happens to be muddy or you get pushed.....you most surely will fall to your death. Also, if the water doesn't drain off (and I don't think it will), instead of running at the top of the levee, they've changed it to running about an 1/8 of a mile on a pretty significant sideways hill that today has my ankles still hurting. Watch out for the very long steep downhill....it is very slick. The grass is thick and the terrain is very rough....lots of sticks, roots. The course is hard to navigate....hope Chilly has lots of people directing the runners. Good luck to all the teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sounds like too much. It's not the US Open in golf.

Hopefully no one is affected for districts.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

If the course is really as bad as it sounds i hope our coach tells them to shove it and just brings the kids home. Sounds like they're trying to take the talent factor out of the race and make their own "survivor"....

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

The course seemed a little tough in spots but i didn't really hear any complaints from the runners. The 2 girls races went pretty much as i expected but the boys surprised me a little. Great job by all the runners and thank you to Chilli for being a great host.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

good job to all the SEOAL runner this year but nice job from ironton. 2nd over it very good. look for them to be there again next year.

Return to “Cross Country”