Question for Gallia Academy XC past and present

wildthingRV
All Conference

Question for Gallia Academy XC past and present

Post by wildthingRV »

Does anyone know how far one lap around the park in town is? I am trying to do a little running on my own, and just trying to work out some things. Thanks in advance.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Re: Question for Gallia Academy XC past and present

Post by wildthingRV »

28 views not even a "Heck no, Raider, we ain't tellin' you crap!".

I have seen you guys out running it. I am just trying to find somewhere to do some speed work on my own before work sometime, not steal training secrets.

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

Hey coach, I'm not sure exactly how far it is around that loop. I can tell you that it is 3 miles to run a loop all the way around downtown Gallipolis (starting at the parkfront on 1st avenue, going all the way down to the corner where the auto garage is and turning left to run by the Holzer Sycamore Branch and turning left onto 4th avenue, and then running all the way down to the gas station at the end of the street to turn left onto Rt.7 and then eventually turn left again on 1st avenue to return to the parkfront). I used to run that 3 mile loop all the time on my runs. It's really nice early in the mornings before people get out to drive on the roads and you can cross at the intersections at any time. I remember the team down there running that loop around the park pretty often, and I want to say it was about 1000m.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

I didn't want to post anything because I knew I wouldn't be totally accurate, but Peyton said her coach treats that block as if running 800 meters.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Coach May must have seen my post.....he just said that it is 660 meters around the park on the sidewalk.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

Thanks, everyone. I have a great 3 mile loop around town, although I may run that one, too. If I go out my front door, to the library, and back, I have 3 miles, provided I go all the way to first ave at least for a block.

Return to “Cross Country”