Riding the Bench

Re: Piketon Results

Post by Track07 »

Burns is hurt. Know the facts before commenting CoachCook

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I wouldn't call Rio the easiest of courses.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I am just backing up my comments with how you sound when you made these 3 comments, like something fishy was going on, or that those in charge of this meet were flat wrong. Here you are 4 weeks later still spouting off about the same thing. Do you want to hear you are right? Will that do it, ok "YOU ARE RIGHT, ITS SHORT, EVERYONE HERE IS WRONG!

Feel better? If somehow this is the fastest course in the state, well guess what some course has to be, right?

"I see that it's still the fastest (probably shortest) course in the state. lol....Every kid somehow dropped like 45 seconds in a week over the 5k distance.

If it's 3.1 then it's 3.1....I just find it crazy for times to drop 45 seconds or more for most runners in a 7 day span and then come this weekend they will shoot right back up. That's all I'm saying. I'm really not hating of the meet or the course. I just find it weird for this to happen. I mean I wish I got on this course in high school....I could have broken 16 in high school I guess.
If it's 3.1 then it's 3.1....I just find it crazy for times to drop 45 seconds or more for most runners in a 7 day span and then come this weekend they will shoot right back up. That's all I'm saying. I'm really not hating of the meet or the course. I just find it weird for this to happen. I mean I wish I got on this course in high school....I could have broken 16 in high school I guess.

lol Either that or all these kids were peaking for the Piketon Invitational instead of their conference meet.
lol Either that or all these kids were peaking for the Piketon Invitational instead of their conference meet."

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Paul Mall wrote:Just to put some numbers behind my words:
McDonald ran 40 sec's slower at Rio
Watts ran 33 sec's slower at Rio
Mattie ran 1:25 slower at Rio
Mootispaw ran 43 sec's slower at Rio
Trent Wolfe ran 43 sec's slower at Rio
Gardner ran 30 sec's slower at Rio

This is just a random sample of kids....Pretty much on a day where they are supposed to be "peaking" and in top form. For the most part they are running 30-45 seconds slower on average on a pretty easy course. If someone says Rio is a hard course then go run some other courses in the state is all I have to say.

I'm not doing this to bash on any course or any person. I just made the comment and people came back and said I was wrong in what I was saying....so I just wanted to back up my words with numbers.
Paul - since you seem to be the authority here, go and compare one of the best runners in the state - Adrian Ross - and compare his time at Rio on Saturday to where he has ran every other course this fall and see what you come up with. Rio is slower than any course around - including all the other district courses. You will find that out at the regional this weekend. Compare Piketon and Rio, then compare it to Watkins, Cambridge etc and let us know what you find. Compare Rio to Troy and Pickerington and let us know.

BuckeyeNut10
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyeNut10 »

Lol you picked a kid that won by 40 seconds to compare times to other courses. I know Adrian pretty well and I know what he's capable of...and that's a lot faster than what he showed on Saturday. He won easy and coasted to a district title.

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Paul Mall wrote:Lol you picked a kid that won by 40 seconds to compare times to other courses. I know Adrian pretty well and I know what he's capable of...and that's a lot faster than what he showed on Saturday. He won easy and coasted to a district title.
Ok, since you know so much, compare all the kids behind him and see how much faster they run this Saturday. Get back here and post those times. McDonald, Mattie, Watts, Unioto's team etc.

Are you saying all the other courses Ross ran all year in the mid 15's that he ran hard but all of a sudden slacked on Saturday? Do you think the district was the only race he won by a sizeable margin this year? He won at Circleville early on in about 15:42 by about the same margin as he did on Saturday, SVC too - just to name a couple.

coachcook
Riding the Bench

Post by coachcook »

tap in bogey wrote:
Paul Mall wrote:Lol you picked a kid that won by 40 seconds to compare times to other courses. I know Adrian pretty well and I know what he's capable of...and that's a lot faster than what he showed on Saturday. He won easy and coasted to a district title.
Ok, since you know so much, compare all the kids behind him and see how much faster they run this Saturday. Get back here and post those times. McDonald, Mattie, Watts, Unioto's team etc.

Are you saying all the other courses Ross ran all year in the mid 15's that he ran hard but all of a sudden slacked on Saturday? Do you think the district was the only race he won by a sizeable margin this year? He won at Circleville early on in about 15:42 by about the same margin as he did on Saturday, SVC too - just to name a couple.
How much faster will runners run at Troy & Pickerington vs Rio in your opinion?
Thanks

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

30-40 seconds, IMO.

BuckeyeNut10
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyeNut10 »

I'm done talking about it....Good Luck at Piketon, you run a good program and have for years. I hope your course keeps producing fast times.

Gator214
Waterboy

Post by Gator214 »

I know all of my kids are always 45-1:00 slower @ Rio then any other meet. I know Greg has tirelessly measured and remeasured his course with every device known to man. I also know that our guys/girl will run faster @ Pickerington this Saturday then they did @ Rio this past. No other DISTRICT COURSE is like Rio. Rio's course is slow because of the hill x2, not because its LONG. Piketon's course is fast because it is Flat not because its Short. I personally use Piketon as a gauge in how my kids are advancing throughout the year. I'd like to wish all the S.E. District kids good luck on Sat.

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Peace Paul. My apologies to you for being a bit of a smart alec in the tone of my posts. This is a great sport and I think the fussing back and forth isn't necessary. Good luck to you too.

Return to “Cross Country”