Pickerington runners sent wrong way in 2nd race

Post by runfast »

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226400

Too bad it appears some official sent the top kids the wrong way

wildthingRV
All Conference

Re: Pickerington runners sent wrong way in 2nd race

Post by wildthingRV »

That is why it's so important to walk the course.

Burg Track and CC Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Track and CC Fan »

Most teams did walk the course. My understanding of what happened is cones were moved after the first boys race, by perhaps a meet official (maybe thought the hs was done) to make it look like they were supposed to follow the jr. high race. There was a football practice going on where the cones were placed so who really knows.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

Poor meet management.

Officials need to concentrate on whats important like making sure all the runners follow the correct course. And not so much about how many freakin logos a jersey has, or wrist bands, or if the color of the spandex matches the rest of the team.

At my home meet last year many runners went the wrong way due to a huge Jr. High team blocking the correct path and forcing myself and the first group of guys in the wrong direction. Then the next group was unwilling to go in the wrong direction and simply plowed through the Jr. High kids. After that the race was confused some went down path A the others down path B. I finished the race long before anybody else and was disqualified for taking my shirt off as I exited the shoot. I told the official that myself and half the race cut the course and they need a DQ too. Good luck sorting that out. And of course he didn't.

Return to “Cross Country”