Running in College?

rundevilrun
Waterboy

Re: Running in College?

Post by rundevilrun »

How is Lauren running this spring in track?

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

What do yuo think of Rio's distance team? I hear Kyle Goode from Southern is gonna run there this fall, but i never thought he was good enough, or would run anywhere. how well do you think he'll do?

rundevilrun
Waterboy

Post by rundevilrun »

Goode is good enough to run in college. I don't know about Division I or II but certainly NAIA. Rio's men's distance is on the up and up. They have had two really strong recruiting classes in a row. Coach Bowles is really helped with recruiting. If they can keep their runners healthy, they could have a good year next year.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

rundevilrun wrote:Goode is good enough to run in college. I don't know about Division I or II but certainly NAIA. Rio's men's distance is on the up and up. They have had two really strong recruiting classes in a row. Coach Bowles is really helped with recruiting. If they can keep their runners healthy, they could have a good year next year.

I think having a semi-famous runner/walker like Matt Boyles helps a lot.

Ken A_D_D
Waterboy

Post by Ken A_D_D »

Let's not forget why we go to college in the first place. Pick a couple of schools that have the academic program that you are interested in and then contact their CC/track coach. Find out if they allow walk-ons (although, as someone alluded to earlier, why would they not unless they have their program completely full) and go run. The biggest thing is to just do it, if that's what you want to do. Don't let people like RICKYVAUGHN discourage you. If you can run an 18-something and are willing to put forth the effort to work hard everyday for some college team, have at it. You never know how much you can improve until you try.

Heck, I ran similar times to yours and I walked on at Ohio U. And that was after I sat out my Freshman and Sophomore years because I was afraid that my times weren't good enough. Don't you believe it, SErunner!!!

Get on the website of the Colleges that you are interested in to find out contact info for the coaches. You can e-mail or call them. What's the worst that can happen? If you don't hear back from them, cross them off your list. There are plenty of fish in the sea, right!?

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

So...school is drawing nearer....what do you think all of these new freshmen in college running how will they'll do?
PPL such as Adkin(gallia A), Skidmore(Alexander), Goode(Southern), and all others who are running this fall for college from southern ohio......

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

It's really hard to say.

Goode may make the team his first year.

But Adkins and Skidmore may play back up roles to some other runners this year.

Or everyone could be in the top 5 of their new teams it's hard to say.

Return to “Cross Country”