SEOAL 2008

SErunner
JV Team

SEOAL 2008

Post by SErunner »

The other topic was a little crazy, so I started a new one.

Who is going to win it all this year?

I think Lauren Adkins has a great chance of repeating, but that is only if her little sister doesn't beat her.
I think that Halle Richards could get second with home course advantage, but realistically I have to go with Peyton Adkins because she was the jr. high Champ over Richards

On the guys side I see Wiefrich moving into Cantley territory with a League Championship. I see Richards in second and Rhue in third.

I see Greyson Cantley winning jr. high boys

I say Marietta has a good shot at sweeping this one.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Re: SEOAL 2008

Post by 4sporterEHS »

SErunner wrote:The other topic was a little crazy, so I started a new one.

Who is going to win it all this year?

I think Lauren Adkins has a great chance of repeating, but that is only if her little sister doesn't beat her.
I think that Halle Richards could get second with home course advantage, but realistically I have to go with Peyton Adkins because she was the jr. high Champ over Richards

On the guys side I see Wiefrich moving into Cantley territory with a League Championship. I see Richards in second and Rhue in third.

I see Greyson Cantley winning jr. high boys

I say Marietta has a good shot at sweeping this one.

Isn't Rhue from Athens?
If so, they are in the TVC now.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Good point. I forgot about Athens making the switch.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

Looks like Rue will be TVC champ if all goes well for him.

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

Well idk about athens best runner...Rue or something like that. There are two other tough runners in the TVC Kyle Goode from southern and a Thompson from Alxeander. I think if everything goes well with Kyle he has a good chance to be the TVC champon but it's going to be a good race. But it is totally a toss up in the air now between those three runners...Goode, Rue, and Thompson..

ANY THOUGHTS?????

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Rhue is a good competitor, and I've never heard of Kyle Goode. I never met any really impressive runners from Southern. What would be Goode's accomplishments?

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

Rhu is not running as well this year as he did last season. He went under 17 last season I'm pretty sure. If get his stuff together he will win TVC without much effort. The alexander guy dose not impress me. Never even heard of the other guy Goode. Rhu made it to state in D2 last year. Unless he is hurt or hasn't been training well those other 2 don't hold a candle to him.

Bubblegumhuffy
Riding the Bench

Post by Bubblegumhuffy »

Wiefrich will win the guys race and continue running well this year. In the girls race the Adkins will definetly have a presence, along with Halle Richards.

For the team race i see Marietta winning the guys and Warren coming in second.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

Bubblegumhuffy wrote:Wiefrich will win the guys race and continue running well this year. In the girls race the Adkins will definetly have a presence, along with Halle Richards.

For the team race i see Marietta winning the guys and Warren coming in second.

if logan gets there stuff togeather then they could be the 3rd place team but they are going to need kids in the 18s and then dont have that right now. eli reed is not doing good as he was last year. he ran a 18:03 last year and this year he has not broke 19. he ran a 19:06 at jackson.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

The SEOAL needs a few more solid distance teams. If Logan doesn't have any kids running 18's then this should be a cakewalk for Marietta and Warren.

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

SErunner wrote:Rhue is a good competitor, and I've never heard of Kyle Goode. I never met any really impressive runners from Southern. What would be Goode's accomplishments?

Well i have seen Goode in the The daily sentinel In Meigs County. It was in there that saturday he ran like a 17:42.9 Which i hear is southerns record now and he seems to appear to be getting better each race he runs. And as i know it's his first year running in the 17's. Even last year i was talking to him, his best time was 18:46

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

SErunner wrote:The SEOAL needs a few more solid distance teams. If Logan doesn't have any kids running 18's then this should be a cakewalk for Marietta and Warren.

i would hope that logan will have 3 runners in the 18s by the seoal meet. but how they are running now i really dont see that happen. they look like they just dont have it in them this year. look at last year. they had 4 in the 18s ever meet and two off them are not there no more. so the other two should be in the low 18s are in the 17s range but they are not cloese. i dont know what is up with them.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Maybe the runners are suffering because of a lack of competition between team members. Last year the competition between Warren teammates was intense and I'd bet those top 7 spots get fought over at Marietta as well.

Bubblegumhuffy
Riding the Bench

Post by Bubblegumhuffy »

SErunner, i was thinking the same thing as you, if your teammates aren't trying it doesn't always make you want to try. I would say that Logan has work to do on pushing not only themselves, but also their teammates. If they get it together, they may end up in that 3rd place at the league meet.

rundevilrun
Waterboy

Post by rundevilrun »

Kammler on the boys side will be tough to beat. He is having a very good cross country season this fall. Should be a state qualifer. Selbee is also strong and should finish a close second. Wheelersburg as a team is too deep and good.

For the girls, with Cook out for the season, no one will touch Ruggles. Wheelersburg as a team there as well.

In the boys junior high race, Wheelersburg has a 8th grader that looks pretty impressive. He looks really young but he runs hard. What is his name?

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

SErunner wrote:Maybe the runners are suffering because of a lack of competition between team members. Last year the competition between Warren teammates was intense and I'd bet those top 7 spots get fought over at Marietta as well.

well they have some competitions with each other they just arent trying that hard when they are at practice. i know they can run good b/c i was there last year. i dont know what happened but i hope they will do better before the seoal meet.

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

should be a great race!!! we are expecting a slight chance of rain on wednesday and thursday, so the coarse should be soft. best of luck to everyone on saturday!!!

elguerrouj105
Waterboy

Post by elguerrouj105 »

i believe you mean "course"

swet
Waterboy

Post by swet »

Peyton Adkins should clearly win this race with ease, she has consistently won races all season just setting the course record at Piketon with 18:20.
It will be interesting to see what she does at Regionals.

runnersaunt
Waterboy

Post by runnersaunt »

Good Luck to the Blue Angels this weekend!

Return to “Cross Country”