Who's the fastest 8th grade boy in cross country

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Re: Who's the fastest 8th grade boy in cross country

Post by Can See All »

What grade is Max Conley from Wheelersburg in? He is the fastest that I've seen from around here.

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Post by buckwheat »

Max Conley is in 8th grade. He won the SOC this year with nobody in sight behind him.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

I believe Samuel Prakel is the best. He ran 10:04 3200 at state this year winning by 14 secs. Of course there are kids who do not compete at the state meet. Unioto's Ross toke 2nd at the meet last year and placed 25th at the high school state meet this year All-ohio.

Max Conley placed 30th with a 11:21

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Post by buckwheat »

I'll still take Conley over Ross. 11:21 beats 11:31 from last year. When you say fastest, I go with time not finish. Of course Prakel is the best in the state. I agree on that.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

You cannot compare the 11:21 last year to 11:31 this year - they shortened the course this year by some 200 meters.

Times were real slow across the board the first year of this meet at Dublin - the course was long.

Ross proved a lot this year as a freshman, don't put so much pressure on a kid who has yet to run a high school race, by saying he is better than a kid like Ross - that is not fair to the kid.

There is also a Jr. High forum for this stuff.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

buckwheat wrote:I'll still take Conley over Ross. 11:21 beats 11:31 from last year. When you say fastest, I go with time not finish. Of course Prakel is the best in the state. I agree on that.

:lol:
Ha you want to talk times Ross ran 4:40 in the 16 in 8th grade. Ross would run circles around Conley. I see Ross makeing it to state DII in the 16 this year and possibly placeing.

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Post by buckwheat »

Ross is the Boss.......but I still like slow old Max the best.

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Post by buckwheat »

One more thing and then I'm done with this post. I was replying to the question, "Who's the fastest 8th grade boy in cross country", Not which freshman can out run an 8th grade kid. Or who has the best 16 time. I happened to go to the SOC race this year in which most all of the schools from Scioto and Pike Counties attended. And I think Oak Hill was there also. Anyway, I was most impressed with the gap between first and second in the jr. high race, compared to the high school race. He was all alone. I asked someone standing there how he did this year, and they told me he won several races this year. But wasn't sure of the exact amount. Good luck to both runners next year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Next year it will be Michael Mangus of Leesburg Fairfield. A running machine.

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

Humm....Well i think Kody Wolf Finished 6th in the Jr. High State Meet this year. He Goes to Southern. The same school as Kyle Goode if any of you recognize that name. He's a senior this year. But back to Kody yeah he's pretty fast. He's an 8th grader. In the Jr. High TVC fun run he won by a huge margin! he went and ran in the Jr. Olympics and placed like 46th out of like some 300 or so. He's a good runner. I expect him to be really good next year as a freshman.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Mangus kid finished in the top 25 at one of the national races.

Return to “Cross Country”