Returning in the 09 season

SErunner
JV Team

Re: Returning in the 09 season

Post by SErunner »

5kdude wrote:
runhallerun wrote:Marietta and Warren will be head and shoulders above the rest of the league again in 09. The individual champ will come from one or the other of those schools and they will once again dominate the all league selections.

Sorry Cory, until the rest of the league decides to get serious about their distance running, that is the way it will be. Marietta and Warren will continue to dominate the distance events on the track and dominate in XC on the boys side as well. I would hope that would change soon, because better competition makes everyone better, I just do not see it happening soon! On the girls side - Gallia and Marietta have the best groups of distance runners, Gallia getting the edge w/ their outstanding freshman.

well let me see there is people that are running xc that you are putting down. a team can work with that they have. i dont see warren and marietta dominate. there are people out there that is going to be alot better by the time xc comes around next year. well i guess the league is going to show you wrong when track comes around bc the leauge is more teams then warren and marietta.

I don't believe saying that he doesn't believe Logan will win is a put down. If he were to say, "Those kids suck." He would be out of line. In the past few years Warren and Marietta have dominated XC, with Logan just a few steps behind. Was this the 3rd year in a row that Logan was third? Warren and Marietta have shared the title the last few years.

In my opinion , Logan is a gun hasn't been maintained.

Warren and Marietta have been properly managed and know how to reload

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

SErunner wrote:
5kdude wrote:
runhallerun wrote:Marietta and Warren will be head and shoulders above the rest of the league again in 09. The individual champ will come from one or the other of those schools and they will once again dominate the all league selections.

Sorry Cory, until the rest of the league decides to get serious about their distance running, that is the way it will be. Marietta and Warren will continue to dominate the distance events on the track and dominate in XC on the boys side as well. I would hope that would change soon, because better competition makes everyone better, I just do not see it happening soon! On the girls side - Gallia and Marietta have the best groups of distance runners, Gallia getting the edge w/ their outstanding freshman.

well let me see there is people that are running xc that you are putting down. a team can work with that they have. i dont see warren and marietta dominate. there are people out there that is going to be alot better by the time xc comes around next year. well i guess the league is going to show you wrong when track comes around bc the leauge is more teams then warren and marietta.

I don't believe saying that he doesn't believe Logan will win is a put down. If he were to say, "Those kids suck." He would be out of line. In the past few years Warren and Marietta have dominated XC, with Logan just a few steps behind. Was this the 3rd year in a row that Logan was third? Warren and Marietta have shared the title the last few years.

In my opinion , Logan is a gun hasn't been maintained.

Warren and Marietta have been properly managed and know how to reload

it would be nice if you would stop using my name on hear. marietta and warren will get beat. logan will win a seoal title in the next couple of years.

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

warren marietta and logan will be the top teams in the league in the 09 season. warren and marietta are losing some of there top runners to graduation, but are also returning very fine runners as well. There will be no favorite to win the individual title and the team race will be very close. Marietta and warren will be the top two teams with logan a close 3rd.

team_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by team_xc »

runhallerun wrote:Now, it is difficult to watch your kid get picked on like that for no reason whatsoever. I must admit that several times, I have started typing responses to the attacks, (I really laughed at the comment about 'the parents having something to prove'), only to hit the delete button, I am not going to lower myself to those people's standards.

We did our best to try to get Halle to focus on indoor track, but she really likes to play b-ball, so I guess that is what she is going to do this winter. Maybe we can catch up when Warren plays down there this winter.

Good luck to Peyton in Indiana, hope Lauren is getting her mojo back, and guess what - Wes is thinking about OU, maybe he can keep an eye on Lauren for you guys. :-D
I was really sorry to hear halle isnt doing indoor. i was looking forward to working with her... oh well i guess i can watch her on the bball court.. good luck to her

team_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by team_xc »

you know what, sometimes my ego gets me in trouble...
i shouldnt assume that halle would have ran for our club...
but it was a nice thought

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

team,

Halle has looked at the schedule and does not believe that the Marietta indoor meets interfere w/ b-ball, (of course that is always subject to change w/ weather etc.) She plans to work enough longer runs in thru the winter to stay somewhat sharp for track. I am sure you will be talking to Wes soon, Halle can come in there with him to practice w/ you whenever she can. A few 4's and 8's and maybe a mile here or there will not hurt this winter. She should be able to run a little indoor track!

Ego???? LOL! The kids really enjoy working w/ you coach, and we as parents really appreciate the extra time and effort you put in!

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

team, when is indoor practice start and when will practice be held during the week?

Return to “Cross Country”