2010 SEOAL

Rich Hoffman
Waterboy

Re: 2010 SEOAL

Post by Rich Hoffman »

Coach Hoffman from Warren HS here...I hope it’s not any of us on here posting anything disparaging about other teams. We’re a decent team, but let me remind us all….we were 23rd out of 25 teams at the Midwest Meet of Champions on Saturday on the guys side and while our girls are getting better we haven’t yet been in the top 2 at the league in quite some time. So, we don't have any reason to be talking any smack, if we are. I just hope we aren't.

Let's all just let our actions speak for us. We don’t need to do any mean spirited talking. We should be humble and gracious and supportive of all our fellow runners. We're all just trying to take our inherent gifts and make the best of them. The latin translation of the word "compete" is "to seek together". Let us all, seek together, our best performances and know that without each other, these events would all be pretty meaningless and a lot less fun and exciting. We can all help each other achieve our best.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Well said, Coach!

G. Fraunfelter

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Nice post Coach. You seem to have an awesome program going over there. We have enough trouble just trying to field teams much less compete. Good luck at league and beyond !

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

Cheers from Chilly.

Good luck, let's hope every kid runs the their best race of the year at the league and see where the points and places end up

Vermillion819
Waterboy

Post by Vermillion819 »

XC3774 wrote:hey vermillion...
by the look of the gallia meet results I can tell that you were right about Logan being the SEOAL guys winner. Considering they averaged like 21:30!

That was the first meet of the season. I know I didn't do my best. I won't talk smack, I'll just work hard all week and we'll see what happens. Anything can happen during the league meet...

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

that is right mr vermillion. that is all you have to do to is train over the season and when saturday comes around you and your team will see how much they have got better over the season. cant wait to see the meet on saturday.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

]

I think that its going to be one hell of a race between warren and marietta on saturday but i think warren is to much for marietta.

1st Warren
2nd Marieeta
3rd Logan

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Warren boys and Gallia girls should come out on top but we'll see who is ready to run on saturday. Good luck !!!

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

nice job to warren boys and marietta girls on there nice win today

team_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by team_xc »

good job marietta girls, no one picked you to win and you went out and got it done.
great job to the girls and the coaches.

Return to “Cross Country”