Scipio Twp/Pageville 5K

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Scipio Twp/Pageville 5K

Post by Storm Chaser »

Anyone know any details about the 5K race in Pageville/Scipio Township in Meigs County? Date? Etc.?

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Re: Scipio Twp/Pageville 5K

Post by Storm Chaser »

I got the info... June 6 at 9 a.m. at the ball field.

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

Storm Chaser wrote:I got the info... June 6 at 9 a.m. at the ball field.

Do you plan on going?

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Post by Storm Chaser »

Can't make it :( Gonna be out of town. Planning on doing the Chuck Cornelius 5K Cross Country Run at Warren the following weekend though.

BTW There is going to be a 5K run in Racine on Sept. 12 as part of the Party in the Park to raise funds for the fitness center. Tentative time 9 a.m. downtown before the parade. You should be there. I checked out the likely route and it's a sweet run. More details to come! :)

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Didn't three runners from Southern finish 1st,2nd and 3rd last year?

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Jim Ryan wrote:Didn't three runners from Southern finish 1st,2nd and 3rd last year?

Yeah, Colby Rooseberry, Kyle Goode, and Drew Hoover. i think in that order. Kyle Told me he was WAY out of shape to be running a race but he did anyways....lol

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Post by Storm Chaser »

What are the rules about student cross country athletes competing in road races?

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

OHSAA considers road racing to be separate from track and cross country. Technically, you can run as many road races as you like. However, I would limit the number of summer races to two with three being the maximum number you run. It's okay to run a race in the summer to see where you are at in your training, but you don't want to burn your legs out too soon. Summer should be for running lots of miles and building your base so you can be at your best in October and hopefully November. Good luck with your summer running!

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Post by Storm Chaser »

coach k wrote:OHSAA considers road racing to be separate from track and cross country. Technically, you can run as many road races as you like. However, I would limit the number of summer races to two with three being the maximum number you run. It's okay to run a race in the summer to see where you are at in your training, but you don't want to burn your legs out too soon. Summer should be for running lots of miles and building your base so you can be at your best in October and hopefully November. Good luck with your summer running!

Thanks! I was wondering about that. :)

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

WEll looks like i can't run it. I'm going out of state.

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Post by Storm Chaser »

Results?

Ken A_D_D
Waterboy

Post by Ken A_D_D »

Sorry to make you wait so long. I haven't been on this thread for a while. All I know for sure is that Kody Wolfe of Southern won by around three minutes over some old guy from Middleport. There were only about twenty five or so participants. Hopefully more will be at this race next year. Its a new course...one hill...not too bad on the way out, a little rough on the way back (I guess technically that makes two hills.) Kody's time was only 19+ minutes, but hey, when no one is pushing you, you'll take what you can get.

I believe Jennifer Bartrum was the first female finisher. I don't know what her time was.

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Post by Storm Chaser »

Ken A_D_D wrote:Sorry to make you wait so long. I haven't been on this thread for a while. All I know for sure is that Kody Wolfe of Southern won by around three minutes over some old guy from Middleport. There were only about twenty five or so participants. Hopefully more will be at this race next year. Its a new course...one hill...not too bad on the way out, a little rough on the way back (I guess technically that makes two hills.) Kody's time was only 19+ minutes, but hey, when no one is pushing you, you'll take what you can get.

I believe Jennifer Bartrum was the first female finisher. I don't know what her time was.

Thanks for the update. I am sure Kody will have plenty of good competition this fall in XC.
I don't think very many people knew about the race, maybe a little more publicity next year might get some more people involved.
There is going to be a 5K run/walk in downtown Racine on September 12 as part of their Party in the Park event. It should be pretty cool, run at 9 a.m. and parade at 10 a.m. with the run starting and finishing on the parade route.

Return to “Cross Country”