Where's the excitement about State!

Runnersfan
Riding the Bench

Where's the excitement about State!

Post by Runnersfan »

With so many teams and individuals qualified for state in SEO I would think there would be more chatter about the big event on this forum. Seems like this forum is reflecting the overall enthusiam that Cross Country kids receive from their respective communities. I for one can hardly contain myself. I don't think it's been every year that Fairland girls win Regionals! That's huge! And Athens girls are making a return appearance. Sorry boys, I'm not as up on your state appearences but I know Fairland also has a boys team that placed. I'm also aware that SEO has major contenders in both Boys and Girls individual races in D2 and D3. Not sure about D1. Let's hear your predictions, or words of congratulations. Geez!
Congratulations to all the teams and individuals. I am for one so proud of all our kids and will be rooting for all of them. Regardless of the results I know they will do us proud! With that said, I think they will make their presense know at State more so than is expected.
Good luck!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Where's the excitement about State!

Post by Ironman92 »

Well...it's not on here! XC is the sport with minimal school following, little recognition and most people don't even understand. What it is...a demanding sport that requires a tremendous amount of intestinal fortitude.

I've coached for 9 seasons and I've had maybe 5 students over the years come watch a meet. My girls just made the regionals for the 2nd time school history. We had 2 moms, a dad, a boyfriend and one sister.....it's like that. Being at Pickerington it was fun watching the outside the top 7 members all their with painted chests and running all over the place rooting on their team...but that was a big D1 school.

As for SE Ohio Unioto boys are at their 10th consecutive state meet. Fairland really has their program set and running is getting very big around the cities of Athens, Hillsboro, Chillicothe, Circleville etc....our D2 girls are right near the rest of the state...all others are behind the rest of the state...but closing the gap a bit. Leesburg Fairfield has a phenomenal D3 program that will probably be a state qualifier the next 5 years.

The fan fare and recognition isn't there...but my girls always use it as extra motivation.

Best of luck to all the SE state qualifiers!

Who are the highest "seeded" teams/individuals?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Interesting...Zane Trace girls had the fastest average time at the Pickerington regional and 4th fastest of all 4....but finished 5th at Pick.

Looks like Fairland and Athens could sneak a top 5 finish.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

D3 Boys

Kody Wolfe (Southern) was 9th at 15:58

Michael Mangus (Fairfield) was 14th at 16:11

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

More D3 competitors

Blake Hildebrant (Fairfield) was 78th at 17:11

Cray Sistrunk (Belpre) was 111th at 17:53...only a freshman

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Unioto Boys take 8th place

Bromley from Sheridan finished 3rd overall in D2

davewottle
JV Team

Post by davewottle »

10 runners under 16:00, 63 runners under 17:00, 9 teams with 5-man averages below 17:00. I have to believe this was one of the fastest DIII fields ever.

D111 had 2nd,4th and 7th and 10th fast times of the day. Very top level D111 field

Return to “Cross Country”