Top SVC throwers?

Redstreak10292
Riding the Bench

Top SVC throwers?

Post by Redstreak10292 »

Who's gonna throw the farthest this year?

panthermama
Waterboy

Re: Top SVC throwers?

Post by panthermama »

The boys throwers should be pretty equal on shot this year. Gage McFadden is always good at PV and HHS and Piketon usually have some throwers. UHS will miss Rue, but I think they had a pretty good 2nd thrower last year. I think most teams should have someone throwing between 40 and 50 on shot. Anything over 45 is usually good for SVC.

I guess there is a discus thrower at SE that is showing some potential. He is a freshman and throwing around 120.

Redstreak10292
Riding the Bench

Post by Redstreak10292 »

A freshman throwing 120' is impressive. I only threw 115' as a freshman.

woodsman
Waterboy

Post by woodsman »

Ricky Moore from Piketon should throw rather well this season. He will be a nice compliment, to their skill as an overall team this year. Look for Mr. Moore to be flirting with the big 50 this year in shot. Discus, which may be his better event, I look for him to throw mid-140's consistantly. The sophomore Crawford should be around 45 - 47 range in shot put and maybe 120's in discus as well.

Redstreak10292
Riding the Bench

Post by Redstreak10292 »

I agree with those numbers. Ricky will definitely throw in the upper 40's-50. (If there isn't a thrower to get in his head.) When there's someone like Bo Crabtree or Curt Smith competing against Ricky, well.... Ricky tends to choke.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

If he is only throwing high 40's, he wouldn't have to choke to lose to these two. These are... umm... how should I say this... two of the better throwers in the state.

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

buckeyeshots wrote:If he is only throwing high 40's, he wouldn't have to choke to lose to these two. These are... umm... how should I say this... two of the better throwers in the state.

I agree, Moore will be fine. The fact that Smith is going to OSU and Crabtree is going to Kent State, both on scholarship, should let you know just how good they are.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The shot and discus in the SVC for the last several years have been above average for the state. The SVC has sent several throwers on to the college ranks.

This year, cant remember his name but the number two for Unioto last year should be solid. Moore from Piketon should also be solid with Crawford. The taller boy from SE should also be OK. The league is open in the throws, IMO.

Redstreak10292
Riding the Bench

Post by Redstreak10292 »

When I said Ricky would choke I meant he wouldn't throw as far as he normally does. I never said anything about Ricky beating Bo or Curt, I'm not retarded! It's not very hard to figure that he's looking for second when competing with those guys.

what's new
Waterboy

Post by what's new »

I heard that westfall has been doing good... I also heard that gibson kid runing.

panthermama
Waterboy

Post by panthermama »

At the SE Inv. last week the SVC throwers did well.

To even place in shot put you had to throw over 40 feet. This was the most competition I have seen in this event for awhile. Last year a throw of about 36' would be enough to place you.

Moore from Piketon was 3rd with 44' 3.5"
Cochran from SE was 5th with 41' 7.75"
Crawford from Piketon was 7th with 40' 10"
Bowling from Westfall was 8th with 40' 7.25"

In Discus

Moore from Piketon was 3rd with 131' 10"
McFadden from PV was 4th with 124'
Dunn from SE was 6th with 117' 4"
Ater from Adena was 7th with 117' 2"

I hope I didn't miss anyone, I tried to pick out the SVC boys throwers.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

You can find all the SVC top times and distances at http://www.svcsportszone.com/trackleaders09.html

woodsman
Waterboy

Post by woodsman »

Moore from Piketon went 146-5 in the discus at the Raidiger Invitational in terrible conditions and won. He also went 45 something in shot and took a solid second. Who else could challange Mr. Moore in the discus? I still believe that the shot is wide open.

Redstreak10292
Riding the Bench

Post by Redstreak10292 »

The competition in shotput will be between Ricky and the throwers from Unioto. Both of their throwers can compete w/ him.

woodsman
Waterboy

Post by woodsman »

I agree with you on the shot being open. Unioto has some very decent throwers. Who is there best discus thrower and how far?

Redstreak10292
Riding the Bench

Post by Redstreak10292 »

Fouty and Cyrus are the best of the discus throwers UHS. But I believe Cyrus has the edge w/ a toss of 131' and Fouty has thrown 127'.

woodsman
Waterboy

Post by woodsman »

My eyes may have been playing tricks on me, but I was down at Valley for a small quad meet yesterday and I saw Mr. Moore SPINNING in the shot put? Does anyone know how he did? I am sure that he didn't beat Crabtree from Valley, but how far did Ricky throw the shot and disc?

Redstreak10292
Riding the Bench

Post by Redstreak10292 »

Ricky threw 48' even spinning in the shotput. He looked like crap when he did it to. When he spins and gets underneath one, I predict a 50'+ thrower. He threw 139' in the discus at Valley.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

Where can I get all the results from that Valley meet?

woodsman
Waterboy

Post by woodsman »

Ricky went 50-5 in shot today at the Jesse Owens meet he also went 145-9 in disc I believe he is finally putting it together.

Return to “Track & Field”