SEOAL-2009-Updates

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SEOAL-2009-Updates

Post by noreply66 »

team_xc wrote:marietta girls had no ties so i have no idea where the half point came from.
also i think after you look at it again marietta boys finished behind
chilly... by about a half point

Didn't Marietta and Warren split points in a field event?--To get the 1/2

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Anyone know how the long jump and high jump went?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Marietta-10
Logan-8
Logan-6
Zanesville-5
Ironton-4
Portsmouth-3
Jackson-2
Gallipolis-1

Don't know about the high jump
Out of 34 events they gave about 5 finishes.

nothing like being at a track meet and not knowing who finished here or there

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

does anybody know winning times for 110 and 100 for boys

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:Anyone know how the long jump and high jump went?

Morris took 2nd in high Jump 6'6. Cody Westbrook won. Morris 5th in long jump with a jump of like 19 something i beleive. Lucas had a really good day, he finally had some competetion in the high jump with some decent weather.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cowboy nut 88 wrote:does anybody know winning times for 110 and 100 for boys

probably not the greatest with them running into the wind today

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

I too would have liked to have heard the results from events given out. Also, maybe the most false starts in one Meet this season.

But there was some great races and fine efforts given by a number of good athletes. The boys pole vault was fun to watch. It was windy and overcast but the young man who won it did a great job. Hope the weather is better there next week.

T&F09
Waterboy

Post by T&F09 »

noreply66 wrote:
cowboy nut 88 wrote:does anybody know winning times for 110 and 100 for boys

probably not the greatest with them running into the wind today

I am not sure about the times in these races, but I do know that Seth Sigler from Logan took first in both of them.

T&F09
Waterboy

Post by T&F09 »

noreply66 wrote:Marietta was hurt with not scoring in about six events today which lead to the wider score between 1st and 2nd [boys]

Right off I don't think they scored in the 100,4x100,4x200. Pv.200,shot put and there might have been one more.

Also didn't score in the discus.

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

hitchbone,

Baumspage will post the results AS SOON AS THEY ARE RECEIVED. I am one of the two people who runs baumspage and I can assure you that we post absolutely everything that is received ASAP!

Everyone else,
Logan is still learning the scoring software (HyTek) and the FinishLynx system, so please be patient with them. From having run many track meets at Nelsonville over the last two years, I know from first-hand experience that having the computer systems add a tremendous amount of simplicity, but also can slow you down at times if something goes wrong or doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I'm sure they will iron out the bugs for next week's district and will do a great job in getting everyone what they need.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

jackson1 wrote:I too would have liked to have heard the results from events given out. Also, maybe the most false starts in one Meet this season.

But there was some great races and fine efforts given by a number of good athletes. The boys pole vault was fun to watch. It was windy and overcast but the young man who won it did a great job. Hope the weather is better there next week.

I was watching the starts with field glasses yeasterday and I caught two that was called. It seemed like the ones with the best sem. times were jumping the gun.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

I can't believe that results weren't being announced or being posted anywhere. I know some league records were broke and it would've been nice for the kids to hear some recognition on the PA. That had nothing to do with HYTEK. Also, just curious.....on the girls 100 finals, I've never seen 2 kids being called with a false start. Did they both move at the same time or what?

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Can understand all of the concerns. Did not see a "double" false start - were two athletes DQed in one start? Rookie announcers will improve. HyTek works as well as those understanding the system - there are SO many things to remember that like everything else it takes time. Referee was re-seeding races on his own and no one was being informed in the pressbox; hip numbers that had been assigned were changed in midstream and new hip numbers were assigned before the girls and boys 800's; a disqualification occurred and no one was informed, and, I believe, there was a mistake in the boys 3200.

The HyTek system seeds events and assigns lanes or positions and in the capture of the race finals it reads the assigned numbers from the pictures - when numbers have been changed arbitrarily the entire set up is moot. THUS, not only do operators need to know the system, but officials need to know it as well. When coaches send their statisticians in to ask a lot of questions when a meet is rolling and results are coming in, being read, and results being scored there is LITTLE time to discuss anything. During the district meet the doors to the pressbox will be locked, the referee will communicate with the operator via a walkie and NO races will be re-seeded on the go! AND results will be announced!! Promise!

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

marietta didnt score in 6 events and still got second
shot
disc
4x1
4x2

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

90buckeye wrote:hitchbone,

Baumspage will post the results AS SOON AS THEY ARE RECEIVED. I am one of the two people who runs baumspage and I can assure you that we post absolutely everything that is received ASAP!

90buckeye,

Thanks for the response. Baumspage is one of the most informative sites I have found in a long time. I got hooked on it from Wrestling (in which I am a newcomer to following the sport). Keep up the good work.

lhms
Waterboy

Post by lhms »

Congratulations to all participatants. Logan and the community should be proud of their great facilities. Are results going to be forwarded to Baums page?

team_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by team_xc »

If by chance there was announcments being made coaches would not have been sending their statisticians
to ask all sort of questions. questions like who is leading point wise, or like didnt the 4x800 record get broke . the results were not being read and people asking questions is not the reason for them not being posted or announced. i thought the meet went well other than this. when you have coaches trying to hand score a meet there are going to be questions that only you can answer. Locking the door is NOT the answer.
congrats to logan on a great win. and congrats to gaillia girls. i would like to send them a congrats on a 4x800 record if i knew it was broken...

run 4 fun
Waterboy

Post by run 4 fun »

The team results are not valid at this time. I am sure of several mistakes in the boys 1600
girls 300 hurdles and girls 3200.

How can this be corrected at this late time? Who should be contacted?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Maybe they can't??????????

I remember a few years ago they showed a film of a high school race in Florida where they gave the winner to the person that came in second. They didn't change it even when they had their mistake on film.

If I remember right

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

noreply66 wrote:Maybe they can't??????????

I remember a few years ago they showed a film of a high school race in Florida where they gave the winner to the person that came in second. They didn't change it even when they had their mistake on film.

If I remember right

I'm not sure they can change it. Cameras/video recorders are not allowed on the infield in order to make the officials word absolute. At least that is my understanding of the rule.

Return to “Track & Field”