Running Shoes

ironmen1987
SE

Running Shoes

Post by ironmen1987 »

Since things are a little slow i thought we might talk about shoes. So far all i have bought for my daughter is Asics but i just ordered a pair of Nike Air Max for both of us. What brands do you prefer?

5kdude
Varsity

Re: Running Shoes

Post by 5kdude »

I think that Asics are the best kind of shoe to run in. I got a pair of Nick Air max and i dont think they last very good at all.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

With the miles she runs nothing seems to last very long haha. I thought she could run in them over the winter to try them out and if she doesn't like them i have plenty of time to switch back before March.

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

Personally, I prefer Mizuno. Just a recommendation to anyone wanting to buy running shoes...get fitted first. There are some really good running shoe stores in Columbus who have people who will watch you walk/jog and are trained to help you select a type of shoe that will match your foot type. I go to Frontrunner, which is on Lane Ave near OSU. There are other stores who will do the same thing. Also, if the budget allows, don't be afraid to pay good money for high quality running shoes. Shoes are frequently the detemining factor between running and injury. And one more thing, stay away from the minimalist running shoes (Vibraim Five Fingers, etc). They are an injury waiting to happen if they are not used properly.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Second Sole in Columbus on Morse Rd is also a good place to go. They'll also give you a 15% discount if you mention you're on a school team. My daughters have bought their shoes there for the last 10 years. They prefer Nike. All of their sales staff are professional/collegiate runners.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

You don't have to go to Columbus. Roberts Running Shop in Huntington will do the motion analysis, too. Take a jersey from your school, and they will hang it up, too.

It doesn't matter what brand I like, or anyone else for that matter. Certain shoes fit certain people. You need to find what fits you. For example, Nike's flat out don't fit my feet. Saucony are perfect for me, as are my New Balance. Some people just can't wear New Balance . . . find what fits and stick with it.

bulldogchief
Waterboy

Post by bulldogchief »

I prefer brooks. After getting fitted, you can save a little money by buying your shoes from runningwarehouse.com
They offer free 2 day shipping and free returns. I have never had a problem with them. They have everything you need on their website!

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

I prefer asics, running 80 miles a week they seem to hold up the best. I am trying out Nike air pegaus, they seem to be holding up pretty well, i have probably 200-300 miles on them. I think its more a personal preference than anything, I run with guys who only wear Nike, only wear New Balance, and same with asics.

Return to “Track & Field”