The Sunday Sentinel

Hopper 11
JV Team

The Sunday Sentinel

Post by Hopper 11 »

I think The Sunday Sentinel did a great job on the TVC meet at Nelsonville. They had lots of pictures of runners from all three county schools and they told where all the county runners placed. I'm sure this made all the kids feel good. I hope they continue the good coverage for the district meets this week. Thanks Daily Sentinel.

madpolecat
All State

Re: The Sunday Sentinel

Post by madpolecat »

Too bad it took them until Sunday to get that stuff in there...

Despite the fact that track is the best spring sport in the area (quality of teams, going deep into the post-season), track coverage doesn't seem to be a priority to the staff down there.

Notice that the stuff from the OVC meet won't be making it into the paper until Tuesday, even though the meet was held on Friday night.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Its still Horible. Sorry. Saw very few times in the paper. It might say so and so won the event, but there was no mention of the results week after week.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Have you ever heard you can catch more flies with honey than vinager ?
Thought I would give it a try .

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Never heard of that. But Im sure its true. But I really dont understand it in context. I think it was some sort of comeback to KarlAgathon and my posts.
So, I dont really know why you are taking the papers side. You must have something to do with the paper. But still, comon', you have to realize how bad it is. There was atrack meet at Eastern with Southern and Meigs there. And there was nothing in the paper about the meet, ever. The 3 schools from this county where in the meet!! Last year, the coverage was good. Bryan Walters did a great job covering track. I guess the Sentinel didnt want him though. But he was great about getting the stuff in the paper. There is no way you can say that they are doing a good job with it. This year has been bad. Thats just the truth, and its not just me, I have had many dicussions with people about it.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

[quote="4sporterEHS"]Never heard of that. But Im sure its true. But I really dont understand it in context. I think it was some sort of comeback to KarlAgathon and my posts.
So, I dont really know why you are taking the papers side. You must have something to do with the paper. But still, comon', you have to realize how bad it is. There was atrack meet at Eastern with Southern and Meigs there. And there was nothing in the paper about the meet, ever. The 3 schools from this county where in the meet!! Last year, the coverage was good. Bryan Walters did a great job covering track. I guess the Sentinel didnt want him though. But he was great about getting the stuff in the paper. There is no way you can say that they are doing a good job with it. This year has been bad. Thats just the truth, and its not just me, I have had many dicussions with people about it.[/quote
If you had read my earlier posts you would know I do not have anything to do with the newspaper. You would know I was upset with them for never putting anything about the meets in the paper. I made the comment that we had all 3 county schools at a meet in the county and there was not one thing in the paper about it. So when they finally put some pictures and a little write up in the paper, I thought I would brag them up a little. My comment was not to you, I was just saying I was trying a different approach with the paper. I have 2 kids that run track , I know you have to love the sport to do it. It is a sport that is alot of hard work and very little recognition. Yes , I would like to pick up the paper the day after a meet and read the results and maybe even see a picture or two. Right now I would settle if I could get on baums and see all the results from Oak Hill District.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Hopper 11 wrote:
4sporterEHS wrote:Never heard of that. But Im sure its true. But I really dont understand it in context. I think it was some sort of comeback to KarlAgathon and my posts.
So, I dont really know why you are taking the papers side. You must have something to do with the paper. But still, comon', you have to realize how bad it is. There was atrack meet at Eastern with Southern and Meigs there. And there was nothing in the paper about the meet, ever. The 3 schools from this county where in the meet!! Last year, the coverage was good. Bryan Walters did a great job covering track. I guess the Sentinel didnt want him though. But he was great about getting the stuff in the paper. There is no way you can say that they are doing a good job with it. This year has been bad. Thats just the truth, and its not just me, I have had many dicussions with people about it.[/quote
If you had read my earlier posts you would know I do not have anything to do with the newspaper. You would know I was upset with them for never putting anything about the meets in the paper. I made the comment that we had all 3 county schools at a meet in the county and there was not one thing in the paper about it. So when they finally put some pictures and a little write up in the paper, I thought I would brag them up a little. My comment was not to you, I was just saying I was trying a different approach with the paper. I have 2 kids that run track , I know you have to love the sport to do it. It is a sport that is alot of hard work and very little recognition. Yes , I would like to pick up the paper the day after a meet and read the results and maybe even see a picture or two. Right now I would settle if I could get on baums and see all the results from Oak Hill District.

Sorry man. I mis interpretted your post.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

The Gallipolis and Pomeroy papers haven't covered track worth a crap since the 2002 season :122249 :122249

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Hey Vaughn, what about that elbow that the Athens girl threw coming down the stretch on the 4x400 prelims on Wednesday.

That was an NBA-caliber elbow there... knocked the victim right out of her shoe LOL

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

I thought that was a Fairland girl anchoring the 4X4 (All I saw was green).....didn't think she had enough room to pass on the inside....GA runner ended up getting almost knocked down, shoe taken off and ripped up.....couldn't believe there wasn't a DQ there somewhere and also on the 4X8 involving the Meigs/and a red team runner who got knocked down (The official was not watching that one...had his back turned). But, who knows....maybe they did call a DQ because I can't see a list of lane assignments BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT POSTED YET!!! lol

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Karl......My colleague and friend Bryan Walters of the Gallipolis Daily Tribune has always done, still does and will always continue to do an excellent job of covering track and field. Regardless of what newspaper he has been employed with.

Anyone who thinks anything different – quite frankly - has either not picked up the paper in many moons or simply does not have a clue.

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

Puppies, sunshine, and excellence.
Last edited by Knowbody on Mon May 26, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Knowbody....Bryan does not have anybody write articles for him. He does all of his own work, and does it very well. You sound like someone with an axe to grind, and your name sounds fitting.

BTW, Was that you who I had a lengthy staredown with today at the Division II meet in Oak Hill?

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

KarlAgathon wrote:The Gallipolis and Pomeroy papers haven't covered track worth a crap since the 2002 season :122249 :122249

Ok, Im going to take up for the paper now.

Bryan did a great job the last few years of track. And Cross Country.
I know last year and the year before that, there was almost more Track stuff in the sentinel than Baseball. Which is unusual. But I like it that way. This year, Bryan is living in Jackson I believe.

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:

BTW, Was that you who I had a lengthy staredown with today at the Division II meet in Oak Hill?

Last edited by Knowbody on Mon May 26, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Knowbody....It was anything but a friendly stare. Just so you know.

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

Last edited by Knowbody on Mon May 26, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

KarlAgathon wrote:Hey Vaughn, what about that elbow that the Athens girl threw coming down the stretch on the 4x400 prelims on Wednesday.

That was an NBA-caliber elbow there... knocked the victim right out of her shoe LOL

That elbow was almost as good as the one GAHS threw on RV during the last 100 the 4x400 finals. The Raider has a bruised ribcage, but the official ruling was that he tripped. I realize that officials can't see everything, but I would think SOMEONE saw something.

Again, I hate to see lawlessness in a sport that ought to be so pure.

Return to “Track & Field”