2009 Season

trojantrack90
Waterboy

2009 Season

Post by trojantrack90 »

Just thought I'd start one for all the real track fans out there. What are all your guys thoughts on the 2009 season. I look for the trojans to be one of the more dominant teams in Southeastern Ohio. Fairland and Piketon will be very dominant as well. Portsmouth returns their whole team from last year with 5 regional qualifiers and all relays are still intact. Zach Link barely missed making it to state in the 400 by just .02. I look for him to not even be challenged until SEOAL or regionals. Jonathan Royster as well looks to be a track star. He made it to regionals in both the 100 and 200. If Malik White gets back from injury I look for him to return to form in the 300 hurdles. Ryan Jordan is gonna be a force in the 110 hurdles again this year. Our 800 guy James Lawson will be much improved as well. I look for Nate Cadogan to do well in the shot and disc. I know Fairland, Piketon, and Portsmouth will be major forces in Southeastern Ohio track this coming spring.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2009 Season

Post by noreply66 »

Portsmouth has a real chance to finish fourth in the league this year.
Still think Marietta,Logan and Warren will have too much to let Portsmouth finish any higher than this.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

northwest lost a lot last year with smith, lajoye, breech, hoffer in running and strickland in high jump he usually finished between 2'nd and 4'th...he and leslie usually got between 13-18 points...but leslie will win the s.o.c in high jump again and fultz should be pretty good and i look for feazell to do well also..so i don't know for sure but northwest should have a solid season!!!

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

trojantrack90 wrote:Just thought I'd start one for all the real track fans out there. What are all your guys thoughts on the 2009 season. I look for the trojans to be one of the more dominant teams in Southeastern Ohio. Fairland and Piketon will be very dominant as well. Portsmouth returns their whole team from last year with 5 regional qualifiers and all relays are still intact. Zach Link barely missed making it to state in the 400 by just .02. I look for him to not even be challenged until SEOAL or regionals. Jonathan Royster as well looks to be a track star. He made it to regionals in both the 100 and 200. If Malik White gets back from injury I look for him to return to form in the 300 hurdles. Ryan Jordan is gonna be a force in the 110 hurdles again this year. Our 800 guy James Lawson will be much improved as well. I look for Nate Cadogan to do well in the shot and disc. I know Fairland, Piketon, and Portsmouth will be major forces in Southeastern Ohio track this coming spring.

A team has to be well rounded to be a DOMINANT team. Do the Trojans have a distance team or throwers?

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

4sporterEHS wrote:
trojantrack90 wrote:Just thought I'd start one for all the real track fans out there. What are all your guys thoughts on the 2009 season. I look for the trojans to be one of the more dominant teams in Southeastern Ohio. Fairland and Piketon will be very dominant as well. Portsmouth returns their whole team from last year with 5 regional qualifiers and all relays are still intact. Zach Link barely missed making it to state in the 400 by just .02. I look for him to not even be challenged until SEOAL or regionals. Jonathan Royster as well looks to be a track star. He made it to regionals in both the 100 and 200. If Malik White gets back from injury I look for him to return to form in the 300 hurdles. Ryan Jordan is gonna be a force in the 110 hurdles again this year. Our 800 guy James Lawson will be much improved as well. I look for Nate Cadogan to do well in the shot and disc. I know Fairland, Piketon, and Portsmouth will be major forces in Southeastern Ohio track this coming spring.

A team has to be well rounded to be a DOMINANT team. Do the Trojans have a distance team or throwers?

Nope.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Marietta has shot of winning if they can convince Wiefrich to do 4 events instead of the 4x800 and 3200.

I think that Warren, Marietta and Logan will have the best shots of winning.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

Marietta's cross team is better than Warren's right now. But I still think Warren will out score them in the distance events by having Richards and Roush double. Who knows what Weef will run at SEOAL. He could win both 16/32 with no problem. Marietta's Sprint team is far better than Warren and Logan's. Zanesville has a good shot at winning SEOAL this year as well.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Mark Wieferich for Marietta will run the 4x800, 1600, and 3200.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Marietta has a lot of points returning from last years league meet.

joshcrace
Waterboy

Post by joshcrace »

watch for Wests 4x1 team to be a big threat again this year
they went to regionals last year an did fairly well.

trojantrack90
Waterboy

Post by trojantrack90 »

Portsmouth does have a nice thrower in Nate Cadogan and I believe their is a freshmen that could contribute some points in the distance events. They will be dominant in the local meets leading into the League and they should have some success at the league meet. Sorry for not clarifying it would be the scioto county region that they could possibly dominate.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nate Cadogan will be the 2nd best in the Discus and 4th best in the Shot returning from last years SEOAL meet. Don't see anyone knocking him from the number two spot in the discus but if he gets a little stronger he should move up in the shot.

No one will beable to knock Smith off the top-unless it is himself.

track-crosscountry
Waterboy

Post by track-crosscountry »

In the s.o.c its kammler all day
his mile time will be around 4:20 by the end of the season and his 800 time wil be around 1:55 easily

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

I agree Kammler is going to be a beast this year. But, correct me if I am wrong, the boy from South Webster was only a second behind him at both S.O.C's and districts. I have a feeling this will be an interesting year for the 800 meter run in the S.O.C.

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

Besides Wieferich who looks to be pretty tough in the 1600 this season. If you could post their name and times from last year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't know his times but Murray should be good. Out of the runners from the league meet last year that return, he might have the best time.

track-crosscountry
Waterboy

Post by track-crosscountry »

wismen is from south webster buit he was in a car crash a month ago mabye and messed up his lung he has recoverd alot but his times this year in cc are showing im not sure if hell be able to get fully recovered

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

Wiseman is fully recovered from his accident. His times are better in CC than they were last year. Its just not his strong sport, track is!

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

How's Kayla Cook doing and is her health better?

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

I think Reed Fobes of Marietta will probably do well in the two mile, but will finish behind Richards and Wiefrich. Wiefrich will really crush this years 3200 field.

Return to “Track & Field”