SEOAL 2009

SErunner
JV Team

SEOAL 2009

Post by SErunner »

Which team is going to earn the local bragging rights this year.

Girls
1. Gallia Academy - gains Peyton Adkins
2. Marietta - loses Sophie Wagner

Boys
1. Toss up between Marietta and Logan.
3. Warren still a contender, depending on how the can replace the seniors.

Warren...
Tyler Cox and Jared Cantley should do well in Pole Vault.
Cox will be one of the best hurdler this year.
Roush and Richards may be 2-3 in every distance event
will be Weak in throws and jumps

Logan...
Sigler

Marietta...
Wieferich will win every distance event

Chillicothe...
Curt Smith.

I'm curious as to who will win the 4x800 and High Jump this year. Lucas Morris vs. Cody Westbrook will be great!

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Re: SEOAL 2009

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

i think that warren will win the 4x800, richards and roush are a lock for two of the spots, harlow, dunfee, and cantley will battle it out for the last two spots.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

warrengrappler/xcman wrote:i think that warren will win the 4x800, richards and roush are a lock for two of the spots, harlow, dunfee, and cantley will battle it out for the last two spots.

Dunfee will need to be in the 100, 200, 400, or the 4x400, 4x100 and 4x200. They will need his speed in the sprints.

I'm sure the Warren distance kids can take care of themselves.

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Warren should have a great season! Hebb says he is going to come out this year, and harlow is coming back also. Look for both to have good senior seasons!!

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

warrengrappler/xcman wrote:Warren should have a great season! Hebb says he is going to come out this year, and harlow is coming back also. Look for both to have good senior seasons!!

Harlow proved that he is still a local force with a 3rd place finish in the league Cross meet, so everyone will be expecting a good season out of him.

Hebb is a great addition for the Warriors. They are going to need him. Hebb could even challenge for a 4x800 spot.

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

The warriors distance squad should be fairly good this year. Mark weefy will win the distance events, but warren should have a 2-3 finish in the SEOAL meet.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

J. Hebb can run whatever he wants. He is 50 sec. 400 meter guy, if he decides he wants in the 4 x 8 and puts a little work in - he will anchor it - and Warren will be a force again this year in that event.

S. Wellspring can really help this year if he can get the work done in the classroom.

If those two commit to running this year - Warren will be in good shape, not as deep as last year, but still a very good track team.

Riffey will put em where he wants em, and it will be a fun spring.

I just do not know how Warren will ever replace K. Croston this spring. LOL!

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Yea, Kevin Croston was the man.

On the girls side, Gallia also loses distance runners Townsend and Baker. They also lose their distance coach because of cuts. Volunteer coaches are not allowed because the Union will file a grievance. Therefore, we have a sprint coach and a throws coach. Funny thing about this is the distance coach from last year is the one who got cut, but he's the one who wants to volunteer but can't because of the threatened grievance. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS

Anyways, Gallia gains another Close, and mid-distance Warner from the XC team. Their 4X8 could break the league record. Warren's H Richards and P Adkins might have a shot at the 1600 record if they both run it and push each other. If P Adkins doesn't run the 1600, the 3200 could go down as well. Don't know where L Adkins stands right now. If she's back, she could break the 3200 too. Other records that could fall.....HJ (GA has a 5'5" jumper now), LJ, 400 and possibly others.

I saw some good hurdlers in the jr high meet. Can't remember if they were from Logan or Marietta. Marietta has a good PV coming from Jr High.

SErunner
JV Team

Re:

Post by SErunner »

runhallerun wrote:J. Hebb can run whatever he wants. He is 50 sec. 400 meter guy, if he decides he wants in the 4 x 8 and puts a little work in - he will anchor it - and Warren will be a force again this year in that event.

S. Wellspring can really help this year if he can get the work done in the classroom.

If those two commit to running this year - Warren will be in good shape, not as deep as last year, but still a very good track team.

Riffey will put em where he wants em, and it will be a fun spring.

I just do not know how Warren will ever replace K. Croston this spring. LOL!

Personally, I don't know how he managed to graduate. He missed 20-some days of school every year.

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

GAHSNOW,

Is Townsend not running track this spring?

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

No, from what I understand, she's spending more time with her studies.

distance40
Freshman Team

Post by distance40 »

GAHSNOW,

Marietta did have a great hurdler who was in the 8th grade last year, Matt Roberts I think he broke most of the SEOAL's jr. high records for hurdles last year

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

John Neff is going to be a BEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!!!

60+ in the shot (and i cant believe it but that wont even win him league)
Prolly end up in the relay events and whuppin on people. This kid is a freak of nature.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

grizzlynatural wrote:John Neff is going to be a BEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!!!

60+ in the shot (and i cant believe it but that wont even win him league)
Prolly end up in the relay events and whuppin on people. This kid is a freak of nature.

Would like to see him work on the discus

MariettaTigers74
Waterboy

Post by MariettaTigers74 »

i heard ralph robinson was going to transfer to marietta????????????
something about coach mayer paying him in hot dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Jackson' girls could be more competitive in the sprints and relays if some of the 8th graders from last years junior high squad decide to come out. Im hoping that they dont decide to devote all their time to basketball. They have some talent and could make an impact. I would really like to see the girl's team move up out of the bottom tier in the league, I think it would really be worth it for them to come out for track. It has been awhile since Jackson's girls have been competitve in the league and it would just be nice to see it.

run521
Waterboy

Post by run521 »

Warren boys could get some help if someone could talk Daniel Scott into running. He could factor in the 4 X 200, 4 X 400, and maybe the 4 X 800, a good runner a few years ago if he would commit.
Also, the freshman Knost, is this the good sprinter from Belpre?

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

Knost ran for Belpre last year as an 8th grader. Is he now at Warren?

run521
Waterboy

Post by run521 »

Not sure if this is the same Knost.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

The same!

Return to “Track & Field”