Riding the Bench

seoal

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

who will we be talking about at the end of the year in the s.e.o.a.l-

5kdude
Varsity

Re: seoal

Post by 5kdude »

cowboy nut 88 wrote:who will we be talking about at the end of the year in the s.e.o.a.l-

well i hope it will be logan at the end of ther year, winning the seoal for the 27th time.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

At the end of the year the names standing out for the boys will be Westbrook,Wieferich for Marietta--Morris from Ironton Smith from Chillicothe and the Hurdlers from Logan. These few will be stand outs at every meet.

For the girls you will have these few being the cream

Ross Marietta, Shaw and Klingenberg Logan, Geiger and Jackson from Gallia and Mathis from Chillicothe

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

i think neff will have a good year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Neff will have a good year but will be outshined by Smith.

If Smith hadn't transferred in to Chillicothe Neff would be the man to beat just like Hoch would have been last year.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

I think Zack Link makes State in the 400 under 50.00 8)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Zack can do low 50s meet in and meet out he will be a "talk about"

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

what about pole vault,300h-i was thinking griggs might have a good year,but dont know anybody for 300h or really for the 100-

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If you are talking about Logan--they are down somewhat in the PV

Logan could very well finish one/two in the 300h and the 100m depends on who goes out.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Why is not anyone mentioning Warren? Trust me, Riff will have them more than prepared! Marietta has some great distance runners and Portsmouth, Chillicothe, and Zanesville have some good sprinters. The key is team depth, team depth, team depth and a little more team depth. Logan has hurdlers coming out of the cracks in the walls - there are some really good ones, Seth established himself in his first indoor meet at Marietta last Saturday, but the magic here is to maintain him injury free. Cox from Warren and Minick from Zanesville looked excellent in the vault. The SEOAL has some super athletes in track and field, but all coaches have the same thing to deal with each year in spring sports - senioritis. Those teams who suffer the least from this affliction usually do very well.

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

good point i just dont know much about warren ,what will they be strong in and what do you think of the rest of the seoal

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

cowboy nut 88 wrote:good point i just dont know much about warren ,what will they be strong in and what do you think of the rest of the seoal

well warren should be good in the 800,1600,3200. they may not win the race but htey will be running close to the frint.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Flatulence wrote:Why is not anyone mentioning Warren? Trust me, Riff will have them more than prepared! Marietta has some great distance runners and Portsmouth, Chillicothe, and Zanesville have some good sprinters. The key is team depth, team depth, team depth and a little more team depth. Logan has hurdlers coming out of the cracks in the walls - there are some really good ones, Seth established himself in his first indoor meet at Marietta last Saturday, but the magic here is to maintain him injury free. Cox from Warren and Minick from Zanesville looked excellent in the vault. The SEOAL has some super athletes in track and field, but all coaches have the same thing to deal with each year in spring sports - senioritis. Those teams who suffer the least from this affliction usually do very well.

Zanesville might run the legs off Minick and that could lead to Cox taking the pole vault this season

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

i hope mays can explode this year for logan,and be really strong in some events.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

cowboy nut 88 wrote:i hope mays can explode this year for logan,and be really strong in some events.

logan is going to find a couple of kis that can run the 1600,800,3200. they are replaceing shane myer abd cory reid in thouse races.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

5kdude wrote:
cowboy nut 88 wrote:i hope mays can explode this year for logan,and be really strong in some events.

logan is going to find a couple of kis that can run the 1600,800,3200. they are replaceing shane myer abd cory reid in thouse races.

They better be move ins

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

TYLER COX (Warren) if he is at the top of his game he could win league or a state title

Kurt Smith (Chillicothe) state record holder, league champ

Westbrook and Morris for high jump

Weiferich WILL win some league titles.

I think we will all have plenty to say by the time SEOAL rolls around.

Good one noreply. I think that Weferich has those races on lock. Roush, Richards, and
the Murrys are good, but lets all be sensible by the time Marietta and Warren crowd the
distance races there will not be a lot of points left.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With 16 to 17 events and only three long races that leaves quite a bit left--with the relays that would be five leaving a lot of points for the rest.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

noreply66 wrote:With 16 to 17 events and only three long races that leaves quite a bit left--with the relays that would be five leaving a lot of points for the rest.

I meant for Logan's new distance runners.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ok

Return to “Track & Field”