S.O.C.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

S.O.C.

Post by Can See All »

*I know this is VERY early, but what do you think the S.O.C will look like this year? I say we'll have a few state representatives this year... :-D

SOC_Track_Fan
Waterboy

Re: S.O.C.

Post by SOC_Track_Fan »

Wheelersburg boys will win the SOC again this year. The girls side will be fun to watch and see how everything plays out.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

does anybody know any 400m times that were not seniors. The only one that i have heard of was malone from waverly and he ran a 51.9 as a sophmore.

SOC_Track_Fan
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Track_Fan »

Check out the Southeast District Boys Honor Roll 2008 topic for more times and events.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58014

400m Dash
R*Connor Scott (SW) (9) 52.7*
O*Tyler Craigmiles (Wb) (10) 53.0
W*Kevin Malone (Wv) (10) 53.2+
R*Arrick Wiseman (SW) 53.9
O*Paden Richards (NW) 54.5
O*Ethan Butcher (Mn) (9) 55.0

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Malone must have ran that at a non-SOC (hosted by an SOC team) meet but he didn't at the SOC meet or the district. Of course Waverly quit sending me results from their meets a year or two ago for some reason.

Burg Track and CC Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Track and CC Fan »

The results and grade for the SOC 400 from last year are: 1) Husk, WA 51.2 senior; 2) Fannin, WB 52.6 senior; 3) Craigmiles, WB 53.0 Soph; 4) Scott, SW 53.3 Fresh; 5) Malone, WA 53.6 Soph; 6 Newsome, MI 55.0 senior; 7) Butcher, MI 55.0 Fresh; 8) Taylor, ND 55.4 Soph.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

thanks for the info malone ran a 53 i know he can run faster but we will find out

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Everyone on that list should be running faster this year. That is the nature of the beast. There are several that have the potential to go to state this year or next in this event. But they need to be sub-50 to be sure to do so. 50-51 may get you there in DIII but you probably won't place.

Zach Link of Portsmouth is another possibility if they get in the SOC. Nice 400m runner.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

So what looks like to be the most interesting/unpredictable event this year?

Tartan34boy
Riding the Bench

Post by Tartan34boy »

well im on the east high tartan's track team im not gonna brag because i don't really no how good we are,but,ill tell you what i no,and that is that we will be having a much bigger team look for us to jump from last years 14 to this years hopfully 25-30 now that may not seem like allot but is for us we missed our division S.O.C by 1 point so heirs to hoping,also this is a young team lots of freshman lots of sophomores and several people that are just new to it all together,uumm i no right now the biggest change is in throwers we have 4 female and 5 male throwers signed up compared to last years 2 throwers 1 male one female,im not making promises but this could be the season sciotoville east has been waiting for,for a long time.

:mrgreen: yall have a good one and good luck to all yalls teams here is sciotovilles schedule

2009 Schedule
Monday 3/30/09 @ Northwest
Thursday 4/2/09 @ Oak Hill {N.W., Portsmouth,
Oak Hill & East}
Monday 4/6/09 @ West {N.W., West, Portsmouth
East & Minford}
Wednesday 4/8/09 Mohawk Classic @ Northwest
Tuesday 4/14/09 @ Valley {Piketon, N.W., East
West & Valley}
Friday 4/17/09 Invitational @ Oak Hill
Tuesday 4/20/09 Meet @ West
Wednesday 4/21/09 Meet @ Wheelersburg
Monday 4/27/09 Invitational @ Wheelersburg (Girls)
Tuesday 4/28/09 Invitational @ Wheelersburg (Boys)
Thursday 4/30/09 @ Minford {Minford, East & Northwest}
Friday 5/1/09 @ Northwest {N.W., East, Valley & N.D.}
Tuesday 5/5/09 @ Valley {S.W., N.W., East, Piketon & Valley}
Thursday 5/7/09 @ South Webster {S.W., East & Northwest}
Tuesday 5/12/09 S.O.C. @ Northwest
Wednesday 5/13/09 S.O.C. @ Northwest
Tuesday 5/19/09 Districts @ Oak Hill
Friday 5/22/09 Districts @ Oak Hill
Wednesday 5/27/09 Regionals @ Pickerington
Friday 5/29/09 Regionals @ Pickerington

Coached By: Mrs. Seaman

Burg Track and CC Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Track and CC Fan »

If I understand what you are saying, you were only one point from 1st place in SOC Division I, is that correct? I talked to Coach and he looked up last years results in the book. South Webster won that division with 64 points, Notre Dame was tied for second with Sciotoville at 29 points. It should be noted that Valley a Division III school was in the same SOC division as Waverly and Wheelersburg and scored 71 points.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

That's what I was thinking, I didn't think that anyone was close to Webster...I don't think anyone will be close again this year. I say 'Burg and Webster bringing back the S.O.C.....If they do this would make 11 in a row for South Webster correct?

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

I look for northwest to finish 3'rd or 4'th in the S.O.C....Leslie will go to state jumping probably between 6'2-6'6 he will win the league for the 3'rd year in a row...they will also put a very good 4x4 team on the track maybe not the greatest but a very solid team....they will struggle with the sprints as usual IMO...distance is hurting some also after losing smith and lajoye but they may find someone to fill in their spots....Ryan weakley will have a strong year with plenty of 1'st to 3'rd place finishes in discus....tyson brown and paul carver could both have good years in shotput...as for girls im not really sure!

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

all-time athlete wrote:I look for northwest to finish 3'rd or 4'th in the S.O.C....Leslie will go to state jumping probably between 6'2-6'6 he will win the league for the 3'rd year in a row...they will also put a very good 4x4 team on the track maybe not the greatest but a very solid team....they will struggle with the sprints as usual IMO...distance is hurting some also after losing smith and lajoye but they may find someone to fill in their spots....Ryan weakley will have a strong year with plenty of 1'st to 3'rd place finishes in discus....tyson brown and paul carver could both have good years in shotput...as for girls im not really sure!

How is Weakley's health? I heard he may have some shoulder problems. I hope not because he should be one of the better discus throwers in the area.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

I have not talked to him in quite some time...so im not sure but the next time I do I will see how his shoulder is doing

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Look for Oak Hill's distance runners to be pretty good. Many of them run CC. Butler girl that's a freshman made regions in CC.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Again the coaching of Jimbo Slone in the feeder program at Oak Hill has brought forth an array of talent.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

What school's will be at the March 31st track meet at Wheelersburg? I know my Jeeps will be there. I'm looking forward to how this team is going to perform under new head coach Mr. Tim Conley.They return their district winning 4x4 team and 400 runner. Looks to be another good year for the Jeeps!

Redstreak10292
Riding the Bench

Post by Redstreak10292 »

What do Wheelersburgs throwers look like this year? They always have a few guys throwin' 40' in the shot put.

Tartan34boy
Riding the Bench

Post by Tartan34boy »

I want to be first to say i am sorry because i think i just took things a little to literal our coach was trying to be motivational and i guess was exsadurating(sorry for my spelling) so sorry from all of us at sciotoville.

well on another note can any one give me an out side opinion on our east tartan's track team 2009.

Return to “Track & Field”