What Schools in the TVC will send someone to the state in 09

SErunner
JV Team

Re: What Schools in the TVC will send someone to the state in 09

Post by SErunner »

cross_country_xc wrote:I think Rhue from Athens is the best distance runner in the TVC. I was really surprised that Goode won the cross country title.

Yeah well i thought the same thing. But i guess when it's his senior year he really wanted to leave something behind so that Southern can see that they do have kids thats willing to put fourth the hard work and do the impossible. Not saying that it was an impossoble thing that he won i just don't think anyone seen it comming. Maybe he'll do the same in track but i dought it because i hear that Track is his off sport and that he would much rather run XC.[/quote]

Goode was lacking training earlier this track season (haha..as If we are deep into season) but once all of the coaching stuff is worked out maybe he will look better

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

SErunner wrote:
cross_country_xc wrote:I think Rhue from Athens is the best distance runner in the TVC. I was really surprised that Goode won the cross country title.

Yeah well i thought the same thing. But i guess when it's his senior year he really wanted to leave something behind so that Southern can see that they do have kids thats willing to put fourth the hard work and do the impossible. Not saying that it was an impossoble thing that he won i just don't think anyone seen it comming. Maybe he'll do the same in track but i dought it because i hear that Track is his off sport and that he would much rather run XC.

Goode was lacking training earlier this track season (haha..as If we are deep into season) but once all of the coaching stuff is worked out maybe he will look better[/quote]

Yeah thats true. Did you see him run Saturday @ Belpre in the mile. I think he placed 3rd right behind Rue from Athens. Looks like those two are going to be going head to head just like in cross country. I think Goode ran like a 4:59. If i'm not mistaken i think thats the only time ever Goode has ever ran under 5 mins. I'm not for sure on that though. Does anyone know if he's gonna run anywhere in college?

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Goode is a small college athlete. I doubt any DI school would give him a sniff, but a lot of NAIA and DIII school's would like to have him.

I could even see him at a DII institution like Ohio Valley U.

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

SErunner wrote:Goode is a small college athlete. I doubt any DI school would give him a sniff, but a lot of NAIA and DIII school's would like to have him.

I could even see him at a DII institution like Ohio Valley U.

Yeah, well i wish him good luck with whatever he does. I think after he puts in miles and works really hard he could be an alright runner......but i don't know.And i know he's no D1 or D2 school athleat for college. To tell you the truth i don't even see him going to state in track.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Does anybody see Belpre's 4x100 returning to State for some more hardware?

Return to “Track & Field”