Scioto Valley Conference Predictions

woodsman
Waterboy

Scioto Valley Conference Predictions

Post by woodsman »

What is everyone's predictions on not only what team will win the title this year, but what athletes will win each event? I still can't decide between Unioto and Piketon for the title. I am confident that the Ross kid will win in the 1600 and 3200 at the league meet. Piketon's Southworth (Dale Storm) should win both hurdle races along with high jump. Wheeler from the U is close enough to possibly upset him though. Hall from Southeastern and Reed from Piketon could go either way in the 100, but I will take Reed in the 200. Any other events? Is the Gibson kid from Westfall running? And I need relay predictions and who is running in them.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Re: Scioto Valley Conference Predictions

Post by vchoops »

what's new
Waterboy

Post by what's new »

i would also have to say that piketon or unioto are the two running for the league title. At the logan elm meet that Gibson kid did long jump which jump 19'4 and was on the 4x200 relay team which broke the school record if i remember right.

panthermama
Waterboy

Post by panthermama »

I wouldn't count out Boedeker in the 3200. I think Matt will win it. With Unioto not coming to the SVC meets we can't really compare them, I think the only one I saw them at was the ZT meet.

woodsman
Waterboy

Post by woodsman »

I still can't decide on whether Piketon or Unioto will win the league. I am well aware of Unioto's VERY strong distance group. I believe they will win every distance relay and distance race from 800 meters and up. However, Piketon seems to be the opposite. Distance group is average at best, but all of there points will come from the sprints and hurdles, along with Moore, Crawford, Southworth and Tackett in the field events. Miller may be able to challange the Unioto boy in the 800, but that is the only athlete that can challange them in the distance races in my opinion. In the sprints/hurdles, I see Piketon coming out on top compared to that of Unioto. Who will be behind these 2 teams?

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

This could end up being a very tight boys race to see who wins the league. I predict UHS beats Piketon 138-136. Piketon is probably expected to win the shot, disc, high jump, 4x200, 200, 100, and both hurdles. UHS will probably win 4x400, 4x800, 1600, 800. Unioto's depth may be the difference. Look for them to go 1 and 2 in the distance events, and be able to place 2 in many of the others. Should be exciting!

The girls side should come down to UHS and ZT. I look for Unioto to dominate the field events, possibly going 1 and 2 in shot, disc, and high jump. Zane Trace, however, will have their way in the distance/middle distance. I predict UHS 110, ZT 98.

woodsman
Waterboy

Post by woodsman »

I heard that Piketon won't load up there 4x2 team, so that they can utilize their athletes to get more points, so Southeastern or Unioto will win that race. And I agree with you vchoops, Unioto's depth may be the difference in the meet. I believe that the McClain kid from Westfall will win the 400. I heard he is in the low 51's now. Can anyone challange him?

Return to “Track & Field”