TVC Meet History

coach k
Freshman Team

TVC Meet History

Post by coach k »

I have almost finished compiling the results from all of the league championship track meets the TVC has had. My only source thus far has been the Athens Messenger. Unfortunately, there have been three years in which no results were printed: 1991, 1986, and 1983. I think for two of these years (1991 for sure) the meet was held at Belpre with the other being held at Meigs. If anyone happens to have access to these years, let me know. I will probably have to make a trip to Marietta to see if I can find results in Marietta's newspaper. Of course during track season, there aren't many opportunities for this to happen.

I know there was a discussion on here a while ago about the "best" runner. As for females the person who may never be matched is Foli James from Alexander. She ran between 1996 and 1999. Each year, she participated in four individual events and won fifteen of those events. The only event she did not win was the high jump her freshman year...she finished second.

As for guys, I think the guy with the most firsts (including relays) is Sanford Crisp. 1986 is his freshman year, so I don't know if he won any events that year, but he won five individual events and was part of five winning relay teams. The most individual wins goes to Eric Williams from Belpre and Michael Owen from Eastern. Eric won the 100-200-400-LJ in 1994, and the 100-200-400 in 1995. Michael won the 3200 in 2005, and then swept the 800-1600-3200 in 2006 and 2007. He was also part of the winning 4x800 in 2006.

I'll be sure to post when I get everything compiled in an orderly fashion.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: TVC Meet History

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Has NY ever won a league championship in either boys or girls track?

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

I don't have the info in front of me, but yes. The girls won three or four of the first five or six years the TVC had a meet for the girls, which started in 1978 I believe. If memory serves me correctly, NY won the Ohio Division of the girls in 2006. As for the boys, no NY has not won any titles.

Belpre has been the dominant force in track and field in the TVC, especially on the boys' side.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Thanks for taking on this project. It will be nice to see what you put together.

Return to “Track & Field”