New Coach

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

New Coach

Post by noreply66 »

Who will be Logan's new track coach????????????????????????

moonshine
SEO

Re: New Coach

Post by moonshine »

Why get rid of our only coach who is able to win????????????????

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was told the Logan Daily blab as him as former

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Moonshine, whatever you do do not run on the roads!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Flatulence wrote:Moonshine, whatever you do do not run on the roads!
thats all BS Flatulence!!! we've/I been doing that forever and nobody ever cared!! sounds like someone had an axe to grind...... too bad they let personal and business mix. :roll:
i knew when i start seeing the boys running the roads it was spring time. i'll never know when the seasons change now!! :lol: :lol:
good luck to coach fraun... i hope he still can stay close to the program he build up to be one of the best in the state.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

]

Dont look for logna to find a coach as good as coach fraun was. i mean come on when i ran for him i liked going out and running on the roads. so why would someone cry to a high person in a school and say no you cant do that no more. Logan dont know what they just lost.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Logan canned their coach over training on the road the whole bunch needs kicked out.

Doesn't Logan have a union or is it just a figure head like a lot of unions?

Wonder if Sturgell [spelling?] would make a good coach--I know he gave his all in track

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

what about amex?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1987chieftains wrote:what about amex?
hmmmmmm something to think about

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

No Reply and 1987 - that is EXACTLY why I am gone! They did not like us running on the roads for training. They took away our ability to train at the Nazarene property with NO explanation and even refused to discuss it. Then they gave me no assistance for transportation so that I could take the kids to Old Man's Cave to run so we ran on the roads. In order for us to get to Old Man's cave we had to drive ourselves and then people were not happy with that. I was told in a very smart-assed tone that we had 70 plus acres to run on around the school. However, the football team even refused to practice on the field because the surface was so rough. Yet that is what I continued to be told but you would see none of them taking a long walk on those fields just to test them out because they knew how bad they were.

2010 was not a good year for me - In January my Dad passed away, In March I discovered i had melanoma and had to have two surgeries, in October my Mom Passed away. Ten (10) days after we had buried my mother i was told my contract would not be renewed. Not a soul had sat with me and talked with me - it was just an arbitrary decision. In all of my life I had NEVER felt so disappointed, hurt, and dejected than I did that day and I swore to myself that were anyone to do that to me again I was done. They rethought and hired me, but again not a soul raised a finger other than Jim Robinson to get us a place to run at the high school. So, we started training in August and on the fifth day I lead the athletes out Clay Bank road with my flashers on - the next day i got the call, "Greg, I'm sorry but we need to talk tomorrow about running on the roads." I knew what was up so I just pulled the trigger and resigned. Some say it was an overreaction - I say that until you feel as I felt on October 24th, 2010, you cannot say anything. NO ONE and I strongly mean NO ONE has the right to treat someone as I was treated - not once was I asked to have a discussion. NOT ONCE was there ever a collegial discussion. It was all threats and ultimatums and I do not respond well to such treatment and never have and never will.

So, yes, it was all about running on the roads.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Flatulence wrote:No Reply and 1987 - that is EXACTLY why I am gone! They did not like us running on the roads for training. They took away our ability to train at the Nazarene property with NO explanation and even refused to discuss it. Then they gave me no assistance for transportation so that I could take the kids to Old Man's Cave to run so we ran on the roads. In order for us to get to Old Man's cave we had to drive ourselves and then people were not happy with that. I was told in a very smart-assed tone that we had 70 plus acres to run on around the school. However, the football team even refused to practice on the field because the surface was so rough. Yet that is what I continued to be told but you would see none of them taking a long walk on those fields just to test them out because they knew how bad they were.

2010 was not a good year for me - In January my Dad passed away, In March I discovered i had melanoma and had to have two surgeries, in October my Mom Passed away. Ten (10) days after we had buried my mother i was told my contract would not be renewed. Not a soul had sat with me and talked with me - it was just an arbitrary decision. In all of my life I had NEVER felt so disappointed, hurt, and dejected than I did that day and I swore to myself that were anyone to do that to me again I was done. They rethought and hired me, but again not a soul raised a finger other than Jim Robinson to get us a place to run at the high school. So, we started training in August and on the fifth day I lead the athletes out Clay Bank road with my flashers on - the next day i got the call, "Greg, I'm sorry but we need to talk tomorrow about running on the roads." I knew what was up so I just pulled the trigger and resigned. Some say it was an overreaction - I say that until you feel as I felt on October 24th, 2010, you cannot say anything. NO ONE and I strongly mean NO ONE has the right to treat someone as I was treated - not once was I asked to have a discussion. NOT ONCE was there ever a collegial discussion. It was all threats and ultimatums and I do not respond well to such treatment and never have and never will.

All older former Chieftains are behind you and we will always support you forever!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Flatulence wrote:No Reply and 1987 - that is EXACTLY why I am gone! They did not like us running on the roads for training. They took away our ability to train at the Nazarene property with NO explanation and even refused to discuss it. Then they gave me no assistance for transportation so that I could take the kids to Old Man's Cave to run so we ran on the roads. In order for us to get to Old Man's cave we had to drive ourselves and then people were not happy with that. I was told in a very smart-assed tone that we had 70 plus acres to run on around the school. However, the football team even refused to practice on the field because the surface was so rough. Yet that is what I continued to be told but you would see none of them taking a long walk on those fields just to test them out because they knew how bad they were.

I'm sorry to hear about what has happened with you. The person or persons that made this decision should step down from Logan.
Logan's track program had been down from the mid-60s until you came in and brought it back. Logan's track program has been the only sport program that has stayed at the top through the 80s,90s,00s and the start of this decade. So many league championships with so many records set through this time and you are forced out the door.

Here over the last couple of years I have heard so many terrible thing this administration has done to coaches and teachers. From just what I have heard it is a few people on the outside forcing these dicisions.

I wish the best for you with whatever you decide to do from here on out.

Noreply

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

No Reply and Moonshine - thank you.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Good Luck coach Fraun! You were one of my favorite coaches back in the 80's ,I am still in shock, this makes no sense whatsoever, they don't deserve you! I am so sorry for the loss of your parents in such a quick time and your health,I couldn't imagine how all that would feel in such a short time,,May God be with you!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Riiculous treatment!

Best of luck Greg!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironman92 wrote:Riiculous treatment!

Best of luck Greg!
Logan school is becoming a joke--money is going to their heads

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How is money going to their heads?

I do know that many of their sports teams have gone downhill.

pf26
Riding the Bench

Post by pf26 »

In defense of some of the decisions being made at Logan, take these three facts into consideration: 1. no teachers have been laid off or riffed in the last three years. 2. we have a great facility to work / coach in. 3. we are not pay to play.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

pf26 wrote:In defense of some of the decisions being made at Logan, take these three facts into consideration: 1. no teachers have been laid off or riffed in the last three years. 2. we have a great facility to work / coach in. 3. we are not pay to play.
I do not care! The Admin. just made a very costly decision. As for the facility yes it is nice, but it was built in a swamp. over the last two years our track team was the only successful progam Logan had. Punishment for success lets get real!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Girl's Basketball team worthy of positive mention.

Return to “Track & Field”