Nelsonville-York Track Invitationals

90buckeye
Varsity

Nelsonville-York Track Invitationals

Post by 90buckeye »

NY has one opening in its 16 team Rocky Brands Track Invitational on Saturday, April 3. Confirmed teams thus far are: Berne Union, Millersport, Miller, Chillicothe, Athens, Eastern, Alexander, Philo, Southern, River Valley, Morgan, Meigs, Federal Hocking, Wellston.

NY has seven openings in its 16 team Nelsonville-York Invitational on Saturday, May 8. Confiremd teams thus far are: Amanda-Clearcreek, Fairfield Union, Fisher Catholic, Miller, Philo, River Valley, Trimble and Warren.

NY has six openings in its 16 Buckeye Middle School Invitational on Saturday, April 24. Confirmed teams thus far are: Athens, Berne Union, Fairfield Union, Federal Hocking, Gallia Academy, Miller, Southern, Trimble and Warren.

Contact Athletic Director Dave Boston at ny_dboston@seovec.org or call 740-753-6230 if interested in any participating in any of the invitationals.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Nelsonville-York Track Invitationals

Post by Orange and Brown »

Will any help be needed with any of these events?

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

Absolutely Orange and Brown as it takes about 30 or so good people to run a good track meet. Send me a PM and I'll put you on the list.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I'm surprized that we don't see more MVL schools take part in NY track events. Morgan and Philo are there, but why aren't Crooksville and New Lexington? I would think NY meets would be very convenient for the Perry County schools since they are so close to Nelsonville, unless their are scheduling conflicts. I'm also surprized Logan isn't involved with any of these meets. Are the Chieftans coming for any quad meets this year?

Great to see Chillicothe added to the Rocky Brands Invite. Off the top of my head, this will be the first time Chillicothe has competed at Nelsonville-York in any sport.

Strong representation from the Mid State League in these events and the SEOAL as well.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The girls from Amanda will still be loaded this season

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Chillicothe with both the boys and girls athletes they have will stand a good chance of winning the Rocky Brands Invitational maybe even dominating it. I saw the same thing happen last year when they attended the Southeastern Invitational for the first time, they dominated it and set several records. They used to schedule Invitationals with much larger schools, but seem to be scheduling Invitationals they have a better chance of winning. The girl's discus may have 1st place through 5th going over 105 feet, maybe even 1st through 5th going over 110 feet. Athens has one capable, Chillicothe has two capable, River Valley one thrower capable and Jackson one capable of doing it. If Trimble shows up count 1st through 6th doing that. Kind of crazy, you throw that far and get 5th.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Look for Athens to take this meet [boys]--with the teams that are coming so far.Athens won't be that strong in the field event but should pile up points in Relays/800/1600 they also have a sprinter or two that could jump right in the the thick of things

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

Is there still an open spot in the April 3 meet?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I can see three meets I will be at this season

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

Mariettapride, Yes, there is still one opening as of now. The only way to guarantee participation is to accept a contract via the myOHSAA system. Let me know if you need one sent.

Just for future reference, we would like to grow this event into something even bigger (24-32 teams) in future years. We have a beatiful facility, a Lynx timing system and some great people who love the sport and enjoy helping run them.

The only other change to my original post is that Logan has been contracted to be at the May 8 Varsity Invitational.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

90buckeye wrote:Mariettapride, Yes, there is still one opening as of now. The only way to guarantee participation is to accept a contract via the myOHSAA system. Let me know if you need one sent.

Just for future reference, we would like to grow this event into something even bigger (24-32 teams) in future years. We have a beatiful facility, a Lynx timing system and some great people who love the sport and enjoy helping run them.

The only other change to my original post is that Logan has been contracted to be at the May 8 Varsity Invitational.

Love to see you get that many teams

everything is ran great
great people
great food

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

That would be awesome to see a 24-32 team invitational! We could have a legit "southeast Ohio" invite and see how all the top athletes in the region stack up against each other, regardless of school size.

While the overall team scores would most likely be dominated by the larger schools, this is a great way for a top athlete from say Waterford to see how he/she competes against another top athlete from say Chillicothe.

Good luck with the invite expansion!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

To get something like this going and it comes out big--it might be the best meet in the area for sometime

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

it would be cool to have a meet that big but why dont logan go to any of this meets?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

depends on the invite

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

you would think if they had a meet with 32 teams that logan will be there

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

this is what they are planning for next year--so Logan just might get a invite

bobcat13
Waterboy

Post by bobcat13 »

Good food, good people, good competition, good atmosphere, = Great meet!

.....and hopefully good weather!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Anymore on what teams are going to be at these meets???

April 3

April 24

May 8

For the 04/03 meet I can see Chillicothe's girls winning along with the Boys from Athens

04/24 meet Gallia's girls and Warrens boys

05/08 meet ACC girls and Warren's boys

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ttt

Return to “Track & Field”