SOC II predictions

marshallman
Varsity

SOC II predictions

Post by marshallman »

Who is strong this year to win the SOC 2?
I'm placing my pick on Minford to win it all in 2013 and Waverly and burg as challengers.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Re: SOC II predictions

Post by Hitops2.0 »

I think Valley returns everybody or almost everybody on both boys and girls teams that won the SOC titles lasts yr ...so should be favored again and they have some very strong freshmen on both teams as well ...especially in the 100 and 400 meter boys and 100 and long jump girls

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

My picks for the over all Southern Ohio Con.

Boys

100m.....Winters.....Valley
110h.....Hodge.....Valley
200.....Winters.....Valley
300.....Hodge.....Valley
400.....Shope.....Valley
800.....Stiers.....Wheelersburg
1600.....Evans.....Minford
3200.....Conley.....Wheelersburg
Discus.....Dyke.....Waverly
High Jump.....Hodge.....Valley
Long Jump.....Jenkins.....Wheelersburg
Pole Vault.....Jenkins.....Wheelersburg
Shot Put.......Dyke.....Waverly
4x100.....Minford
4x200.....Wheelersburg
4x400....Wheelersburg
4x800.....Waverly

Valley.....6
Wheelersburg.....6
Waverly.....3
Minford.....2

Look like it will come down to depth between Valley and Wheelersburg

Girls

100m.....Coriell.....Valley
100h.....McClay.....Northwest
200.....White.....Wheelersburg
300.....Carver.....Northwest
400.....Coriell.....Valley
800.....Maple.....Waverly
1600.....Willis.....Wheelersburg
3200.....Willis.....Wheelersburg
Discus.....Dever.....Minford
High Jump.....Spencer.....Wheelersburg
Long Jump.....Coriell.....Valley
Shot put.....Dever.....Minford
4x100.....Minford
4x200.....Wheelersburg
4x400.....Waverly
4x800.....Waverly

Wheelersburg....5
Minford.....3
Valley.....3
Waverly.....3
Northwest.....2

If Wheelersburg has depth they could win

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Dont sleep on waverly. Their freshman class is very good. The remington girl should be close in the 100 and 200. I know its hard to make a freshman the favorite, but her times were right there last year and she has grown 4 inches.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ukfanatic wrote:Dont sleep on waverly. Their freshman class is very good. The Remington girl should be close in the 100 and 200. I know its hard to make a freshman the favorite, but her times were right there last year and she has grown 4 inches.
On page 2 [under Southern Ohio Con. quick preview] I have the Remington Girl mentioned in events that looks like she will do well in. It seems like girls at the freshman level will do better then the boys, but level off before the boys before coming seniors. I had people mention Remington last year. Can't remember if it was a coach or someone close to her. Growing four inches in some cases can hurt coming out of the block.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

I really appreciate your hard work Noreply. I love track. Excited to see waverly compete this year. the walls girs is throwing great. Just won an indoor event in Columbus. I really think with all of the freshman talent added to the upperclassmen they will have a shot.

Burg Track and CC Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Track and CC Fan »

I don't believe that Valley is in the SOC II. I think they are in SOC I.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

The bad thing for the Burg girls is that Willis and White are not running and Spencer now
goes to West and I believe that there are two other girls not running also. So the girls may have a rough showing this year.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I dont think SW has anything. Ever since Grimm left, that program has went down the drain. Not even sure who those coaches are??

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

^^ yea its tough though Juan...Grimm was a legend and kids liked him. Now they cant hardly get any of the kids to come out and run anymore, and one of those helping coach looks like a kid. Why doesnt he just run?? Has he graduated?

btw I thought you were saying that you were from Chesapeake?? why are you worried about SW track?

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

buzzkillington wrote:^^ yea its tough though Juan...Grimm was a legend and kids liked him. Now they cant hardly get any of the kids to come out and run anymore, and one of those helping coach looks like a kid. Why doesnt he just run?? Has he graduated?

btw I thought you were saying that you were from Chesapeake?? why are you worried about SW track?
That's nice that they let a student help out. Sometimes they just find out being an athlete isn't for them and do better on the sidelines. I'm sure the kid works hard, but c'mon sw gotta get some real knowledge back into that track program. I agree, since the Gremm guy left its been a downhill slide. Hopefully it gets better

greengiant
Waterboy

Post by greengiant »

Webster has a few more boys running this year. watch out for levi cook to turn some heads. that is kayla cooks little brother

Return to “Track & Field”