Who wins Seoal and Weight classes?

devildog1775
Riding the Bench

Re: Who wins Seoal and Weight classes?

Post by devildog1775 »

I would like to congratulate Nate Hupp... Hats off to you, i dont know whether i underestimated him or thought too high of mcdermitt, and my sincerest apologies for the doubt, but i do know one thing is for sure, mcdermitt is no longer the one with the target, i believe he will be going after hupp at sectionals... very close 4-3 match and could have went either way but it was hupp's day and im pround of the young man... once again congrats.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Any results by weiight class?

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

Nice job Nate. Pick it up and get it done. They are still coming after ya. Congrats to Gallia Academy and Coach Wright on the SEOAL title.

grad2013
Waterboy

Post by grad2013 »

Way to go Nate Hupp. Tournament MVP. Keep it up!

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

Weigh-ins began over 24 hours ago and still no results. Come on someone, get it together. Maybe the SEOAL should break into the 21st century and use Baums Page like the TVC. We need instant gratification! ;-)

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

the ones I know for sure
119-jackson kid not sure of the name
125-Ben Bush -gallia
130- Bonner-chilicothe
135-Matt Watts- Gallia
140-Kyle Bays-Gallia
145-Nate Hupp-Marrietta- also league mvp
152-Ben Saunders-Gallia
160-Campbell- chilicothe
171- Zack Tackett-Gallia
189-Logan- not sure on the name
215-Jared Gravely-gallia
HWT-Demmick-Chilicothe
Gallia also had 4 2nds Joel Craft Chris MCdermitt Brandon Taylor Russell Dennison

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Congratulations Blue Devils on your SEOAL title. Lets continue on the the post-season tournaments.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Thanks for the updates. Anyone know about 103 & 112????

devildog1775
Riding the Bench

Post by devildog1775 »

103 was the warren kid and 112 was perry from chilli

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

How about Mason from Warren? Where did he place?
You know I see the what-if-game or the woulda-coulda-shoulda's on here. If this one was elligible or that one wasn't injured or whatever. The hard and true fact is that every coach and team in most any sport has to deal with grades, injuries, kids doing stupid things, etc. You coach your remaining kids and deal with it. Gallia this season is a great example, early on they were missing some kids and got beat. I didn't see them whining about any of that. They wrestled with the kids they had, coached-up those kids and went about their business, they got their kids back, much like Hupp from Marietta and their coaching staff did, they dealt with the adversity.
So my congratulations to Coach Wright, his staff and the Gallia Blue Devils on their league championship. Good luck to ALL the SEOAL wrestlers this coming weekend. Wrestle hard, do your best.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Auburntgrfan wrote:How about Mason from Warren? Where did he place?
You know I see the what-if-game or the woulda-coulda-shoulda's on here. If this one was elligible or that one wasn't injured or whatever. The hard and true fact is that every coach and team in most any sport has to deal with grades, injuries, kids doing stupid things, etc. You coach your remaining kids and deal with it. Gallia this season is a great example, early on they were missing some kids and got beat. I didn't see them whining about any of that. They wrestled with the kids they had, coached-up those kids and went about their business, they got their kids back, much like Hupp from Marietta and their coaching staff did, they dealt with the adversity.
So my congratulations to Coach Wright, his staff and the Gallia Blue Devils on their league championship. Good luck to ALL the SEOAL wrestlers this coming weekend. Wrestle hard, do your best.

Mason lost to Bays from Gallipolis by pin for championship

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Congrats to gallia you deserved it. I guess someone was correct it was between gallia and marietta at 145 but nothing came easy. See you all at sectionals.
On another note:
Does anyone else think that league should be a round robin event. Just wandering.

SE Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by SE Ohio »

yes, with 6 teams it should probably be duels or pools. with Marietta leaving it will have to change for next year (or are they leaving the year after)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Marietta will be here for another year

maddog54
Riding the Bench

Post by maddog54 »

With this number of teams, the league tournament needs to be a dual style tournament. The only other option for league competition is to have duals during the week(Wednesday/Thursday). However, with the distance between some of the schools that would be unrealistic, and NOONE wants to drive to Warren.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

As I understand it at the TVC league meet all teams wrestled each other.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

No, the TVC tourn was round robin in the weight classes that had less than 6 entries, the rest were pool format.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

103 was cory parsons from warren.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Round Robin is best for experience, validation of a true champion and for the overall record for seeding later on. Just my Humble opinion.
Wish it were that way when I was in school. Soph and Junior years would have seen me in at least 1 higher spot! GRR
Wish them all the best of luck. Belated, but maybe for next year? congrat's to the seniors, and all who took part in one of the most challenging, physically and mentally combined sports. lol
I'd like to see them learn some other fighting techniques and watch many participate in making some money in the UFC some day. Hehe, only for my personal entertainment perhaps. Still possible, and intriguing.
Nevertheless, congrat's and good luck in the future. My respect!

Return to “Wrestling”