Freshman Team

Re: 2010 Deno!

Post by coal miner's son »

All very good points.

SE Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by SE Ohio »

not really sure what the problem is, from looking at it i probably would have voted for Lazear too. Just because he won MVW doesn't mean any disrespect to ANY other wrestler. MVW has no specific criteria, just just depends on the situation and who's voting on it.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Did all the coaches vote, or was the selection made by someone from Athens?

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

I base mine selection on like the toughest weight class, what wrestlers are in the class and if a wrestler might dominate that weight class, not what school he is from or what he has done all year, this mvw is for the deno and deno only, And i would say all coaches voted on the mvw, not just athens.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

That's the way it should be. How can you argue with that.

jscbowhunter
Riding the Bench

Post by jscbowhunter »

In the grand scheme of things, it's too late to argue about this now. It's time to get ready for sectionals. MVW criteria should be discussed at coaches meeting prior to the tournament. After that, it's up to the coaches to work with the criteria they are given and make the 'fair' choice. Fair or not, it doesn't mean much for any young man's season to end at sectional if he won the Deno MVW or not.

MY 2 cents, sorry for butting in, no disrespect intended.

devildog1775
Riding the Bench

Post by devildog1775 »

None taken, and i didnt mean to start an arguement either, i was just asking for opinions, such as did people think that the MVW was voted on because most of all the teams at the Deno were in the TVC and a wrestler from the TVC won it.. ironic or not? but i never said ii disagreed im just saying that there could have easily been another MVW... like the ones named by nybucks70-80... and another one that should be thrown in that mix of things should have been mcdermitt, beating wireman 9-2 after losing to him 0-2 a week or so earlier in the season..

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Great showing by NY for a second place finish. Good luck to the Buckeyes at the TVC Tourney. Athens is going to be hard to beat for the league championship.

There is a nice wrestling rivalry between Athens and NY, as is the case with most every other sport.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Great showing by NY for a second place finish. Good luck to the Buckeyes at the TVC Tourney. Athens is going to be hard to beat for the league championship.

There is a nice wrestling rivalry between Athens and NY, as is the case with most every other sport.

If its close between NY and Athens they will win because they will not have any forfits. Ny has to give up 3 or 4 forfits.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Athens placed 14 wrestlers at the Deno..NY cant compare to that...
At a big tourny..Say Marion..Ny would have a better chance to beat the Bulldogs!

Return to “Wrestling”