Klintworth at 145
Pike at 182
Pahl at 285
Congrats to all the warriors you wrestled hard and as a team all day

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Re: Warren wins SEOAL

Post by Auburntgrfan »

:122245 :122245 :122245 OUTSTANDING...... Who was League MVP???? Parsons is one of only very few 4 time champs. Klintworth winning it at 145, a first year wrestler great for him, Pike at 182 what a great time to step up, Pahl and Cognolton the sophomores having great seasons. They should be very proud. First year head coach with only 10 wrestlers, great job.

pf26
Riding the Bench

Post by pf26 »

Nice Job Warren, No OW was given, and although he is a much more experienced, and well deserving wrestler IMO the Kintworth kid gets the MVP over Parsons, at least for today. Parsons wrestled well, and did what he was supposed to for Warren, but from what I've seen Kintworth has improved tremendously this season and stepped up big time for Warren. He showed a lot of heart and without his title @ 145 Warren probably doesn't win the team championship.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

congratulations Warren. job well done. Warren really wrestled well i do not believe they had one wrestlers really not step it up. 145 and 182 made huge differences.

wrestlefan9
Riding the Bench

Post by wrestlefan9 »

congrats to warren on the title
in regards to league mvp, i thought it was usually decided on the whole season not just the tourny today, if there were one i would be looking at ....pahl, Congelton.Tawney,... Allen,... Collins,... and Price. all outstanding in the league this entire season, have any of these guys even lost a league matchuup this year.
anybody know why there wasnt one awarded?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

How did the middle school come out?

pf26
Riding the Bench

Post by pf26 »

Logan won the the middle school tourney, not sure who was second. There is a link on Baumspage but no results yet

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Traditionally MVW is for the tournament, based on that days proformance, saw on Baum's page Parsons had only one match, And usually there is a coach of the year for the league. Wonder why this was not awarded. Maybe due to only five schools??? That's a possibility I suppose Anyway great day for the Warriors and somewhat unexpected. I would have had to say Logan was the odds on favorite going in.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was shocked that Warren won. They were in a few matches with Logan this year and never came close to Logan. Warren seemed to start getting injuries right after a early win over Gallipolis this year and it looks like they let their players mend for the league match and took their beating during this time.

Congrats to Waren

wwc
Waterboy

Post by wwc »

I just wanted to say congrats to Parsons for getting his 150th and 151st Career wins.This ties the Warren high school record set in 1989. He is also a 4 time SEOAL league champ so congratulations on a outstanding high school career and good luck with the rest of the year.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE WARRIORS ST SECTIONALS

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

No League MVP What kinda crap is that? Id be willing to bet that you paided at least 5 dollars a head to get in yesterday and the JH was there also which makes it a double gate plus concessions for the day an they could'nt give a MVP for the League Award? or the Coach of the year Award? heck if you are not giving a Award at least announce it or annouce the choice. The League MVP IS exactly what it means it is not the Tournament Mvp guess that was one last good bye gift from another departing school from the SEOAL

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Also Congradulations Warren on the Team Title and a special shout out to Corey Parsons I have enjoyed watching you wrestle over the last 4 years good luck post Season.

smash
Waterboy

Post by smash »

Congrats to Warren. The Warren wrestlers were on a mission and pinned nearly everyone they wrestled.

Well ran tournament though some delays between rounds to get wrestlers their breaks.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

pf26 wrote:Logan won the the middle school tourney, not sure who was second. There is a link on Baumspage but no results yet

Logan............218
Jackson..........190
Gallipolis........186
Chillicothe......105
Warren...........48

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

speaking of delays. was there a reason they could of just not of started every round at high school at 152 lbs. i understand there still would of been a couple of delays but a lot of them could of been taken care of by just this little change. but maybe league rules or something dictate that they must wrestle in a certain order i don't know.

wwc
Waterboy

Post by wwc »

Congrats to Congleton for tying the single season pin record at 31 at the SEOAL league tournament he shouldn't have a problem breaking it at sectionals good luck on the rest of the season

maddog54
Riding the Bench

Post by maddog54 »

I might be mistaken but I don't believe the host school gets the money made on the gate. Think it goes for cost and back too the league.

With all the quick pins it made the first two rounds run faster then the tournament director scheduled for. Only one break was originally scheduled.

That's when it was adjusted to two mats to slow the rounds down.

In regards to MVP/coach awards that was decided by the administration. If you have questions and concerns the athletic director is always open to talk. Will.brown@ccsd.us

If always maybe a vote can still be completed by the coaches and awards can be handed out.

I know the season Marietta hosted last a team trophy wasn't given out to the middle school winner (not sure about high school) and half the medals were football related instead of wrestling. So I think it varies between hosts.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

The SEOAL as a league does not give out awards, at least at wrestling. That has always been up to the host school to provide individual medals, etc. The only place I do know that did was Warren's AD (Fouss) gave individual medals to top four and 1st place team t-shirts. I have a son that got these from there. There was a plaque from the league to individuals who won, at their respective athletic banquet after the season. At least that was something they used to do. Each school is responsible for a SEOAL Team Trophy per sport, that gets a year plate added when they win. If you get right down to it the SEOAL has always been cheap. And all that needs to be done to fix this, is for the AD's to get together and set guidelines for wrestling and all other sports for that matter. Just get everyone on the same page. Communicate with each other. Have followed Warren since joining the league, and it is amazing how things don't get done when it come to recognizing the reason the league exists, the athletes both male and female. (Refer to all-league in football, has always been a mystery as to how that gets done sometimes.) O,well just ranting. Congrats to all the league champs from all the schools. As to the gate and proceeds if not mistaken, that all falls to the host school, with no monies from the League to help pay expenses.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan did alright with 10 freshmen in the line up

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

If the format was team duals and all the missing weight classes would then been counted as forfeits (6 pts) the outcome would/could have been totally different. Suprised that with only five teams that was not done to get a more representative team championship. Individual record by weight class could/would still have been used for individual awards. Think about it Warren brought only 10 wrestlers in a dual they would be behind 24-0 before the first match on the mat. Very hard to overcome that, and a dual would not penalize a team that could fill all its weight classes. Just an idea anyway.

Return to “Wrestling”