Nelsonville?

Binary
JV Team

Nelsonville?

Post by Binary »

Does Nelsonville have a team this year? Every year I have been on here there are posts all over this site about them, but nothing this year. Just wondering if they are wrestling, and how well they are doing if so?

SE Ohio
Freshman Team

Re: Nelsonville?

Post by SE Ohio »

yes they do, led my 2 time state placer Dakota Mays, who's currently wrestling at 152

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

Nelsonville-York does have a team. we are down this year fielding only 10 wrestlers. We are lead by Dakota Mays 2x state placer, Justin Coon 3x DQ and Andrew McDonald 2x DQ. Others Conner Hammonds and Brycen Nungester bring varsity experience after that we are very young with some hard working kids.

The Junior High team is very very talented we field 14 wrestlers with 5 Junior High State Qualifiers and a 3rd place grade school finisher from last year. The future is very bright with this group they will be challenging the 2012 group to place top 4 on the big board.

Hope that helps.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Tric118 wrote:Nelsonville-York does have a team. we are down this year fielding only 10 wrestlers. We are lead by Dakota Mays 2x state placer, Justin Coon 3x DQ and Andrew McDonald 2x DQ. Others Conner Hammonds and Brycen Nungester bring varsity experience after that we are very young with some hard working kids.

The Junior High team is very very talented we field 14 wrestlers with 5 Junior High State Qualifiers and a 3rd place grade school finisher from last year. The future is very bright with this group they will be challenging the 2012 group to place top 4 on the big board.

Hope that helps.
Yes that does help thanks. I started keeping an eye on Nelsonville back when they had a state champion several years ago. I think he went on to O.U. to wrestle for Houska but not sure. I saw a few years ago they had two state champions and was told they both went to O.U. as well. Always seem to have tough hard nosed kids. Saw them a few times at GMVWA, and Brecksville. Good to hear they will be back on the map in a few years if all works out.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

tric, we should set up a dual next year with vars. and ms
we are in the same boat.
I have no sr but a great group of workers
in ms I have 11 7th graders
a couple of ms guys could step in to hs and be just fine right now
next year I will have the same team at both levels

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

Sounds good to me.

I was the schools first state champ in 1989. I went to Cuyahoga Comm. College. We actually came back and wrestled against Ohio U. I wrestled Casey Yackin. I am now the coach and coached those two champs 2 years ago and yes they are at OU.

Return to “Wrestling”