Does Wrestling take more heart than any other sport?

Does wrestling take more heart than any other sport?

Total votes: 0

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

my school does not have it

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

mine doesnt eithre, it did in the psat but not now. Football takes the most heart i think

logan78
Riding the Bench

Post by logan78 »

i wrestled for the first time this year and it has to be one of the hardest things iv ever asked my body to do
and if theres no injurys in wrestling then explain this to me because my shoulder was seperated when i was trown to the mat but i hope no won stubs there toes cause those hurt like hell

lordofdarkness
Waterboy

Post by lordofdarkness »

Sometimes it is tough as a first year wrestler. With experience you learn how to fall and how not to get hurt. As a first-year wrestler, you just have to make it through. You will not believe how much better you will be as a second-year wrestler.

As a first-year wrestler, I was 1-12 (not counting forfeits). But as a second-year wrestler, I won over 20 matches. Just stick it out pal. Pay your dues and the rewards will come.

Best of luck young man.

logan78
Riding the Bench

Post by logan78 »

this year i was 8 and 19. wrestling does take alot of heart but i fell whatever you love is what you will put alot of heart into be it wrestling or football but how much heart do you need to run through the woods honestly i mean is this person kidding

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

It takes a lot of heart to be the best you can be at any sport.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we no longer have wrestling at ironton. i wish they would bring it back though. especially since a small school like ourselves are back in the seoal. i did football, wrestling, track, and powerlifting. i thought wrestling practice was much more physically draining than football practice, mostly because of the running. :oops:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

4sporterEHS wrote:yeah, and people care about wrestling??? how many people attend the state wrestling match??? how many colleges give scholarships for wrestling?? how many wrestling matches are showed on tv during the olympics??

yeah....i bet hed rather not eat, then run 3.1 miles...or 5 miles in colege......for that matter.........

if wrestling is "so big:, then why do more colleges have cross country then wrestling........

I take it youve never been fireman caried over onto your neck and had a gorilla smash his wristbone into your nose and eyesocket till you blow red bubbles. Or try to escape one way while your opponent dislocates your shoulder and you not only finish the match but pin the other person with a dislocated shoulder.....Watched this happen this year....My DAUGHTERS girls state champion H.S. wrestling team.

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2 ... 01news.txt

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
~Patrick Henry
4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

boogerred wrote:It takes a lot of heart to be the best you can be at any sport.

I agree

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

O.U. dropped track . But still has wrestling . Not many at track meets.
Wrestling draws a crowd .

Dictator
JV Team

Post by Dictator »

I really don't know because I've never wrestled in my life but from what I've seen I will definately say it is the most demanding sport... but when it comes down 2 heart I'm not sure you can really say what sport takes the most heart every person that plays a different sport is gonna argue there point...

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

I tell you what.....wrestling can break your heart, too! :cry:

pdub05
Waterboy

Post by pdub05 »

bucksmom wait till you have to watch high school wrestling without your son being a part of it. your right it is heartbreaking

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

pdub05...That's exactly what I mean...you hit it right! He has also decided not to wrestle any longer for OU. Perhaps he'll change his mind...I really wish he would. Regardless, I'm staying involved with the youth league and plan to attend NY and OU matches when I can. It's a great sport.

I miss watching all of you kids...lots of good times.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

NYmom, once a fan always a fan. I'll probably say hi at the Ny, Athens match.
good luck NY

Go Eagles.

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

gpgm6566...Good luck to Belpre, too! See you at a match! :-D

boogerred
All State

Re: Does Wrestling take more heart than any other sport?

Post by boogerred »

Time to bring this one back.

tank11
Waterboy

Post by tank11 »

I know cross country is hard cause i know from experience but i also know that wrestling is alot hard. cause you have to watch your weight, be tough and not give up in matchs....so i think wrestling is harder.

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

Having done both fairly successfully, as well as a host of other sports, I would say wrestling by a significant margin. Wrestling is pain; joints, fingers, face - and then the grueling conditioning - thousands of push ups and exercises from positions the body was not meant to bend into, intensified by the poor temperament weight loss and lack of fluids engenders.

The reward is to jump into a suit covering nothing and do hand-to-hand with another deranged soul who is equally fanatic. There is a reason why 90%+ of all special forces troops in the U.S. military are former wrestlers - it takes guts, persistence, a deranged pleasure derived from pain and sheer insanity to subject your body to this type of punishment willingly - and wrestlers do this better than anyone.

This is not meat to malign other sports - for they are difficult in their own way, and equally honorable - but their practitioners do not experience a level of pain equal to wrestlers, imho. If you lose a cross country race, you may feel sad and be extremely winded, but generally nothing gets broken, bruised, pulled out of socket or bleeds. All wrestlers have this happen as a regular occurrence - especially while paying dues when first starting out.

An old adage says the difference between a cock fight and a wrestling match is that sometimes at a wrestling match they stop and wipe up the blood. Having said the above, I don't expect anyone but fellow grapplers to understand. Wrestlers have a blood bond, a united brotherhood of shared pain that too few have the distinct pleasure of experiencing. Nothing I have done in my life, and I have been blessed to have done many things pretty well, changed who I was and what I could achieve - as wrestling did.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

THIS THREAD WAS STARTED IN 2005, QUIT BRINGING IT BACK FROM PAGE 33 AND LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Wrestling”