Does Wrestling take more heart than any other sport?

Does wrestling take more heart than any other sport?

Total votes: 0

buckeye_monster
Waterboy

Does Wrestling take more heart than any other sport?

Post by buckeye_monster »

I have done alot of sports throughout my highschool career and none of the sports take as much heart as wrestling. This is a different breed of people that are tougher and more physical than most people. You look on the football field and the ones that like to hit you are wrestlers and if there not they need to be wwrestlers. Wrestling turly does take heart because in the end there is you and only you to blame.

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

You said it Buckeye Monster. :)

wrestling2006
Waterboy

Post by wrestling2006 »

yes it does....me and u monster has had a lot of fun battles :lol: ....do u know who this is????

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Wrestling is a great sport. Most exciting. Even gives the smaller kids a chance at getting a letter. Those are special people who give it all one on one.
Only wrestlers and parnets seen to know this.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Cross Country does

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
c91847k
Waterboy

Post by c91847k »

Cross country is most sports punishment, and it takes a lot of mental toughness to do- as much as wrestling I would say. However, wrestling, especially when cutting weight, and being serious, is more demanding than any other sport. Because of it's physical and mental aspects in the sport, and the concept is literally to overpower your opponement in a combative style, wrestling will for most people be the hardest physical activity they due.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

YES TRUE, BUT IN CROSS COUNTRY, YOU HAVE TO WATCH WHAT YOU EAT, TRAIN DAY ON NIGHT, AND BE IN THE BEST PHYSICAL SHAPE, AND MENTAL HEALTH, WHEN IN COMES TO RACE DAY....

AND IF YOU ARE A SERIOUS RUNNER, YOU HAVE TO BE THAT WAY YEAR ROUND!

-I Am What I Am
tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

You are right. In wrestling you don't have to do any of that. LOL your joking.

278nybucksfan
Waterboy

Post by 278nybucksfan »

Wrestling is just like cross country in many way, but then when you least expect it you have to get on the mat. No mats in cross country.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Tric118 wrote:You are right. In wrestling you don't have to do any of that. LOL your joking.

NO I AM NOT JOKING.....

i guess you can compare the mat to the course.......from experience....a cross country course can be very punishing.....RAIN, MUDD, HAIL (EXPERIENCE), FROSTBITE, HILLS, etc.......wrestling is all indoors.....and not yearround.....

i guess it is a equal arguement.........but i believe cross is more difficult, and is always, seems like, in rain, and cold, for me at least.

-I Am What I Am
pdub05
Waterboy

Post by pdub05 »

yeah actually tric would know a little about that from experience just from the past couple of years believe it or not......

its really hard to measure how much "heart" a sport takes. really if you think about it how much heart a sport takes depends on how much you are willing to put into it. physically demanding i think is a better word for it.

wrestling is one of the top but i also think that motocross and hare scrambles are also right up there with it. ive found that the two are very similar to eachother in having to be mentally and physically prepared and having to be determined not to give up. Tric you also would know a little about this one too.lol

theres really no mats in cross country? you've got to be kidding me..lol

pdub05
Waterboy

Post by pdub05 »

oh yes 4sporter ive also been in gyms with a singlet on and its felt cold enough to snow and hail and ive wrestled on mats that seem like they've washed them with a bucket a mud. not to mention glitter from cheerleaders.. lol no seriously glitter. Tball you know what im talking about here.

deuceswild
Waterboy

Post by deuceswild »

just a piece of information 4sporterEHS wrestling is year round and not just in the winter :lol:

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

it might be in the winter,, but is it outside in the winter??

there cant be an exact sport that takes more heart........it just depends on the individual giving out the heart........basketball, football, baseball players.........and any sport, kids can work the hardest they can..

-I Am What I Am
ChuckHayes44
Waterboy

Post by ChuckHayes44 »

A certain sport does not take a certain amoutn of "heart" rather the individuals participating in those sports....but my vote goes towards Cross Country.

UK Basketball #1
deuceswild
Waterboy

Post by deuceswild »

4sporterEHS wrote:it might be in the winter,, but is it outside in the winter??

there cant be an exact sport that takes more heart........it just depends on the individual giving out the heart........basketball, football, baseball players.........and any sport, kids can work the hardest they can..

what are you talking about?? i said wrestling is an all year round sport just like cross country..

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

........well wrestling might be all year round.......but do the wrestlers have to adjust to differant environment changes, weather wise, and differant conditions......NO, what i know anout wrestling, it is all inside, usually in a gym, about 70-75 degrees.....i didnt know it was all year around, but if it is, then its still the same in that gym........

thats what i was trying to say.......you cant argue that....

-I Am What I Am
nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

I seem to remember my son wrestling at the freestyle tournament at the Ohio State Fair one year...it was held in an outside pavillion. It was hotter than heck and very humid, being that it just finished raining that morning and it was in August. Not to mention the mats were gritty from people walking around outside, then on the mats (that had to feel real good...lol!). Believe me, wrestling does happen all year...my son has been doing it for the last 5 to 6 years.

I do agree though, that if you truly love your sport, it takes heart to participate in it to the fullest-extent. I've seen kids half-@$$ participate in running and wrestling...and I've seen kids give it their all in both. Whatever you love, you'll have your heart in it.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

yes....its hard to tell which sport takes more heart

-I Am What I Am
chiefswrestler09
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefswrestler09 »

i myself have done both i ran cross country in 7th and 8th and ive wrestled since sixth and id say wrestling by 3.2 miles lol anyways with cross country you lift and run for practice with wrestling you lift you run you drill you run more you wrestle live then ironman at least thats how we do it at logan cross country is not anywhere compared to wrestling i went to state in cross country in 7th and 8th grade in eaton ohio it was easy as hell wrestling is alot harder thats the bottom line hell wwe is harder than cross country and all that is, is acting

Return to “Wrestling”