Parkersburg Duels (Sat. 12-22, 10.00)

gpgm6566
Varsity

Parkersburg Duels (Sat. 12-22, 10.00)

Post by gpgm6566 »

Parkersburg, Claymont, New Philia., Solon, Warren, and Belpre.
These matches will be a good indicator of how Belpre and Warren's best wrestlers compare to some of the best wrestlers in both states.
Go eagles.

BUCKS54
Waterboy

Post by BUCKS54 »

gp. How will they do?

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

It's going to be a wake up call, There are state champs or state placers in every weight class. The younger kids will get beat up pretty bad, when this day is over Belpre's wrestlers are going to see how much hard work lies ahead. However tough this is, it's just a tuneup for next week at Medina.
Go Eagles

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

I thought overall, Belpre's wrestlers did pretty well. Waderker lost to Lindamood (Lindamood 2nd in the Ironman) 10-6. Packard and Randolph, managed to avenge their loss (IMO), by pinning common opponets. Cooper, Walker, Carr, Wiggers, gave it their all against some of the best wrestlers in both states.
In the last round with Warren, I thought Belpre's wrestlers looked tired; they didn't have much of a break between the last two rds.
good job Eagles.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

I didn't get to see the last round against Warren. Does anyone know how that ended up?

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Don't know the score I was told Lee pinned Randolph.

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

Lee looked good in his match against Randolph, not so good against the kid from Claymont that Randolph pinned eariler in the day. I think the Calymont kid pinned Lee. I don't know what the score was in the Claymont vs Warren match, but Warren had -1.

As I posted earlier, all of Belpre's wrestlers looked tired against Warren. It might have been because Belpre started that rd. as soon as they finished with Solon, While Warren had a bye that rd, and was able to catch their breath.

Good luck Eagles at Medina.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Yeah the -1 came from Lee throwing his headgear after he got pinned by the Claymont kid.
Randolph got pinned by Lee? Wow, that suprises me because Randolph handeled the Claymont kid pretty well and the kid from Solon. humm...like to know what happend there.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

why are you suprised? Lee is a very solid wrestler, I was told he was winning 10-6 before he pinned him, doesn't sound much like a fluke.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

I'm sure everyone was tired, they all wrestled 3 duals.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

I was suprised because of the difference in how both Timmy and Lee wrestled the kid from Claymont. Did you see those matches?
I am not taking anything away from Lee. If he pinned Randolph then Bravo Zulo to him.

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

hrock, Lee wrestled a very good agressive match against Randolph, and was leading 10-6 before the pin, but you left out the part where Randolph had Lee flat for almost the entire first period, and just couldn't get it done.
Lee was impressive, and I saw a big improvment in all of Warren's Wrestlers since their first match with Belpre. With Warrens coaching staff
as good as they are, I expect Warren to be a force in the near future.
Good luck Warriors

BUCKS54
Waterboy

Post by BUCKS54 »

Hardrock. I never agree with afan, but if Randolpf got pinned by Lee he had to have made a big mistake and got stuck! I'm not taking anything away Lee!

Return to “Wrestling”