All Conference

S.E.O.A.L.

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Your thoughts on the upcoming season

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Re: S.E.O.A.L.

Gallia has the core of there team returning this year that includes State alt -Jared Gravely 3 dq Kyle Bays Matt Watts and Brandon Taylor and 2 alternates Ben Saunders and Jason Wray With some good incomming freshmen looks like gallia will have a good year Zack Tackett returns to the lineup after suffering a season ending injury last year to resume his spot in the lineup Gallia has a solid line up top to bottom this year look for them in feb to make some noise

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

I,ll go with
1. gallia
2.marrietta
3.chilli
4.logan
5.warren
6.jackson

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

yea yea whatever

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Point Pleasant was a good addition to the SEOAL when they were there, but they were far from dominant in the league. I remember Marietta and Warren beating on them like a drum... :122249

SE Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by SE Ohio »

Far from dominant? they won the SEOAL title something like 4 times in 8 years and finished 2nd the other 4.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

Point is going to get the drums back out some time around Dec. 30th when the Blue Devils come to Point for a Dual match. This maybe an indicator of how they would still dominate the SEOAL. :)

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

Get the drums out? Does the pep band play at the wrestling matches in West Virginia? Point Pleasent has some very tough wrestlers back this year.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

When they finished 2nd it was to Warren or Marietta. When they won it was Warren or Marietta finishing second. The year at Jackson. While Warren and Point were beating each other up for 1st & 2nd place individual. Marietta had one champ and won the team championship by almost their entire team finishing 3rd. So I would venture to say that Points tenure in the SEOAL was a good addition. but just about even with these two. I mean no disrespect to Jack's program, he does an outstanding job, withn a great feeder program. But fair is fair and knowing him he would agree with the above analysis. He is a very honest coach, he will tell you where his kids deserve to be seeded and where they will finish and hardly ever misses. Also his wife probably knows more about this sport than many active coaches right know. She can be quite formatable on the corner.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

Just trying to get a little chattering going on here, I am actually an Ohio boy that wrestled for Jackson, I know all about Marietta and Warren - both have had very good programs. No disrespect to Jackson thats my old alumni, but Jackson has never been a powerhouse wrestling team they just have had some very good wrestlers, most of Jacksons problems is administration and support of the program. This is why I transfered my son to Point for this reason, they have a very good wrestling program from youth up, that is only going to get better with the new coaching staff this year. Good luck to the Blue Devils see you in December and good luck to the rest of the SEOAL get some guys in the state tournament. :)

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

gallipolis had around 28 sign up this year good numbers not sure about the jr high

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Looking for Logan to jump into the 2nd spot

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

:122249 Warren has around 11 to 14 out. Freshman Parsons has a shoulder bug but will be ok by Christmas, Sophomore Harlow has a back thing from football and is out for a couple of weeks, should be fine, Freshman Strum is out, got into something at home, no other injuries or other problem to speak of. May have a 103 this year, but will still be missing several weight classes, possibly 5 or 6. Have Rohr, Mason, Sams, Eckelman, and the hvy back from last year. Think I am missing someone from last year not including Harlow. Good luck to the Warriors. Several freshmen will have to get a baptism by fire.

Finally remembered who is was Knotts the sophomore is also returning.
Last edited by Auburntgrfan on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

[quote="noreply66"]Looking for Logan to jump into the 2nd spot[/quThat could very well be true lots of things can happen between now and feb

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan just about returns everyone this year plus a transfer and one boy that returns from a year off-[lettered as a freshman]

Logan only lost one wrestler from last year and he was a part-timer

Logan returns 14 lettermen-three defending SEOAL champs-5 three year starters-

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Gallia will have to pick it up a notch, if they are going to finish near the top of the s.e.o.l. They weren't at all impressive at the Meigs tourn.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Gallipolis did loss five good wrestlers from last year

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

While it is very early in the season. Warren has run off 8 straight wins, two over Gallia. Many things can happen between now and the League. Warren has several returning lettermen, but no returning league champs. Should have some in contention this year. They have a 119 now and will be missing only 1 weight class probably 152 or 171 when the New Year starts. This bodes well for the Warriors and can't count out Gallia and Logan should be in the hunt as well. And lets not forget the rest of the league, there is sure to be guys fitting into the league picture from ther rest. The SEOAL has the makings of a entertaining, competative tournament. It will be great for the fans. Hope everyone comes in healthy and at their best. :aaaaa47

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

So far the poll has Gallipolis in a run away.

Anyone else wins it --it will be an upset

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

i love how the poll said gallia would be the big team.
Gravely hasnt shown all that much promise this year,
as far as i saw him. he's dissapointed me so far.
warren has come out and just suprised everyone.

best of luck to everyone.

Return to “Wrestling”