D II and D III Sectionals at Athens High School

tric118
All State

D II and D III Sectionals at Athens High School

Post by tric118 »

The district board elected to combined both DIII and DII at Athens high school. This means Nelsonville-York will no longer host DIII. Make plans early for hotels as this area does not have many hotels.

matnut
Waterboy

Re: D II and D III Sectionals at Athens High School

Post by matnut »

will there be room ? i dont think so another big mistake by the state just like the district at heath

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

The three D3 east schools (Caldwell, West Muskingum, Shenandoah) will no longer be a part of the southeast sectional. They will now go to the central district for sectional competition.

Also, Washington Court House will host the "west" D2 sectional. Those teams are: Circleville, Hillsboro, Logan Elm, McClain, Miami Trace, Unioto, Wash. CH and four southwest teams (Springfield Shawnee, Clinton-Massie, Greenon, Wilmington).

Both D2 sectionals will qualify top 4 to the Goshen district along with the top four from the two southwest sectionals (Eaton and Western Brown). Tipp City Tippecanoe sectional in the southwest will now qualify to the northwest D2 district.

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

It will will be packed that is for sure, approx. 25 teams in one venue.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Tric have you heard anything on Unioto I heard they will only be club team this year. If so they would not compete in sectionals

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

We generally have around 25 teams for the Deno, so space should not be much of an issue. In fact, I think there will actually be about 40 less wrestlers than what we had at the Deno last year. There will be less matches overall and will be ran over two days. This will create a great wrestling environment.

Skins_Wrestling
Riding the Bench

Post by Skins_Wrestling »

So I have to take my team(Caldwell) to Columbus for sectionals now? If so this is getting rediculous

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

Isn't there a sectional at Barnesville, for Caldwell?

Skins_Wrestling
Riding the Bench

Neil there has been a sectional at barnesville which is 29 miles away. For the past 6 years we have had to goto Nelsonville which is 60 miles away(not too bad) eventhough barnesville is closer. Now we might have to goto Madison Plains(126 miles) or Cardington Lincon(140miles) just seems absolutely stupid

Skins_Wrestling
Riding the Bench

Hell...Athens would be closer then Nelsonville

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

Yes, I agree, that is stupid. I guess they have to draw lines some place, but this is getting stupid. Although, you may be able to get more kids through. Some years the OVAC is loaded. That will the majority of the teams in that sectional. When I was a coach at Belpre, we went to Barnesville and there was more kids in the Brakeman in that sectional than I ever seen before. That year, or two, it HAD to be one of the toughest in the state at D3 (Mid 90's). I feel your pain.

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

Yep Caldwell, Shenandoah and West Muskingum to Central. Makes no sense. DIII Southeast sectional just became a lot weaker and I mean a lot weaker. Not sure what happened or why.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

The deno has too many teams and too many wrestler's for a GYM that size....
So the D2 and D3 sectionals will also be too crowded.( Seems like more fans come to the sectional's than the Deno.)
The week after we will be packed into another GYM that is too small at Heath.
SEO is always getting screwed.

SE Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by SE Ohio »

why are they even having Athens hosting both sectionals anyway?

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Thank goodness we are close enough to travel home. Whos' Idea was it anyways to have both divisions at Athens? For that matter it would have been nice if we could have held it at our school.

ji81grad
Riding the Bench

Post by ji81grad »

What teams are now in the DII Athens Sectional?

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Athens
Chillicothe
Fairfield Union
Fairland
Gallia
Jackson
Marietta
New Lexington
Sheridan
Vinton CO
Warren
Last edited by 90goldeneagle on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Just a little info was checking on rooms in the Athens area for the weekend of sectionals all I can say is BOHIC - 100- 180 bucks- if you can find one I briefly toyed with the idea of staying after those prices I am headed back to G- town an will drive back the next day!!!!! one motel was already booked so if your thinkin bout spending the night you better get on the horn before the motels are gone

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

There's a very slim possiblility that we can run D2 in one day IF there are 10 or less wrestlers in all weight classes.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

90buckeye wrote:The three D3 east schools (Caldwell, West Muskingum, Shenandoah) will no longer be a part of the southeast sectional. They will now go to the central district for sectional competition.

Also, Washington Court House will host the "west" D2 sectional. Those teams are: Circleville, Hillsboro, Logan Elm, McClain, Miami Trace, Unioto, Wash. CH and four southwest teams (Springfield Shawnee, Clinton-Massie, Greenon, Wilmington).

Both D2 sectionals will qualify top 4 to the Goshen district along with the top four from the two southwest sectionals (Eaton and Western Brown). Tipp City Tippecanoe sectional in the southwest will now qualify to the northwest D2 district.
so is the southeast website not correct it says 4 teams from batavia, 4 from eaton, 4 from tippie cannoe, and 4 from athens and washington court house? which i think would be odd to have 20 district qualifiers.
but if what you said was correct then that would move Graham out of this region correct. So these boys would not have to see Graham until state tournament time.

Return to “Wrestling”