Wrestling

Sports Fan47
Waterboy

Wrestling

Post by Sports Fan47 »

Graham Wrestling why are they so dominate? or do they cheat?I don't see how they can win without violation's at least with that many state champs.PLMK

coal miner's son
    Freshman Team

Re: Wrestling

Post by coal miner's son »

Of course they cheat. But they do it legally. They recruit a family to move into the school district. This makes it look legal. I'm not saying that these kids can't wrestle when they get there, or they're not getting some of the best coaching when they arrive; because they are. I'm just saying that most of those kids (except the ones named "Jordan") probably weren't born and bred in the school district.

However, it's hard to stop families from moving their kid into Graham Local becuase they're kid is good, but he wrestles at a school that has a marginal program at best. Unfortunately, THAT school loses their best wrestler and their program takes another hit. It may not look like cheating, but IMO it is. I guess the question is: Do those at Graham Local discourage this kind of action, or do they encourage this kind of action? I think the latter.

hardrock21
    JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

I just love going to the start tournament every year and watching Graham walk away with it. It's getting out of hand, no PUBLIC school in this country can assemble a team that has the majority of the best kids in the state on one team without doing something ILLEGAL. There bending the rules in their favor and making a mockery of the public school system. If your a public school from the sticks and you have assembled the best team in your schools history no worries you have no chance of competing for a statle title because the cards are stacked against the public schools that do it the RIGHT WAY. It's pretty bad when everybody at the state tourney cheers when one of their kids gets beat, everybody is thinking the same way why isn't something being done.

Auburntgrfan
    All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

One word. Jordon. Add another Zaborniac. Add another Politics. Add another money.

Sports Fan47
    Waterboy

Post by Sports Fan47 »

Why then is there not seperate divisions public and private?Is graham a private school? I got the idea that they were.

Sports Fan47
    Waterboy

Post by Sports Fan47 »

coal miner's son wrote:Of course they cheat. But they do it legally. They recruit a family to move into the school district. This makes it look legal. I'm not saying that these kids can't wrestle when they get there, or they're not getting some of the best coaching when they arrive; because they are. I'm just saying that most of those kids (except the ones named "Jordan") probably weren't born and bred in the school district.

However, it's hard to stop families from moving their kid into Graham Local becuase they're kid is good, but he wrestles at a school that has a marginal program at best. Unfortunately, THAT school loses their best wrestler and their program takes another hit. It may not look like cheating, but IMO it is. I guess the question is: Do those at Graham Local discourage this kind of action, or do they encourage this kind of action? I think the latter.

So your telling me a family will move to graham just to wrestle with no promise of jobs.

wrestlefan1
    JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

yes they will..

SE Ohio
    Freshman Team

Post by SE Ohio »

Graham is a public school. Graham high school is in the town of St. Paris (that is what throws everybody off). why are they so dominate OPEN ENROLLMENT. if you can build a dominate wrestling team they will come to you, no need to recruite, it happens everywhere

tric118
    All State

Post by tric118 »

It recruits itself. Graham is a public school. I have anywhere from 1 to 4 high school wrestlers go to Graham on Sunday nights for practice it is open to anybody for only $12.00. I took my 2 sons a good bit a couple years ago and then again last night. It is the place to be if you are good enough and want to win state titles. The practice room is full of studs. My 9 year old had a kid just beating on his head last night by the end my son had that kid crying. lol It only makes you better. Coach Jordan is great and never talks to the kids about going to Graham. He always asks me how my kids are doing and the first thing he asked last night was How did Thomas Mclaughlin finish and what happened to him in his last match. Coach Jordan will take the time out to wrestle with you and make you better no matter what school you wreslte for. And by the way watch for Mickey 8th grade and Rocky Jodan 4th 2 more Jordans still coming.

Cheat???? if you call hard work and practicing 6 days a week with Sunday night at a public club for $12 bucks cheating. Then we all cheat. And yes they do move to St. Paris for wrestling.

wrestlefan1
    JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

do i think it stinks?
    absolutely

if my kid could handle it in the right way, he would go there and get coached at that level

Sports Fan47
    Waterboy

Post by Sports Fan47 »

I didn't mean are they cheating on the mat.lol Just how the system seems to work.You said you can go there and wrestle some night's for 12.00 where at the high school? Who get's to keep the money thats brought in from it, or might i say what does the money go toward.

tric118
    All State

Post by tric118 »

The past it was at the Westville Communitty Center. This year they built a great facility at the School and a portion goes to Jordan Trained Club and a portion to the shcool. I am not saying they are cheating on the mat. You said they cheat how do they cheat by practicing, working hard. Those kids go to Graham for a reason.

Sports Fan47
    Waterboy

Post by Sports Fan47 »

I guess i'm just asking how 1 team can get that many great wrestlers without something funny going on.I'm not informed about it and just wanted to know? I was thinking maybe there was something in the water there lol.

Return to “Wrestling”