SEOAL Player of the year

Amen Corner
Varsity

SEOAL Player of the year

Post by Amen Corner »

Ironton's Nathan Kerns recieves the honor.

Congratulations Nathan and good luck next season.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Congrats to Mr. Nathan Kerns and the entire golf team and coaching staff on a fantastic season.

Keep your eyes on the prize for next year, young men!

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

any idea on the rankings of this or is there just a winner with everybody else in no particular order?

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Morgan Dobbins for the next 2 years will be SEOAL Player of the Year.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

That will be a great accomplishment IF he can do that.
I know one Senior who will try to repeat.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

Amen Corner - I would have to agree with your statement 100%.

I will be the first person to say that Morgan Dobbins is one of the best young players in the area and the SEOAL.

But, there are quite a few young guys out there right now who are working pretty hard to improve (despite the cold weather, lol) and there could be a couple surprises comming along.

At the very least, this year should be a very interesting year

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

JHS4EVER wrote:Morgan Dobbins for the next 2 years will be SEOAL Player of the Year.

I believe we will be very surprised with the young talent coming up in the SEOAL and Southern Ohio....

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Dobbins is a hard worker. However, I look for Nathan Kerns to compete well again for SEOAL player of the year.

DUSTIN FORD FAN
Waterboy

Post by DUSTIN FORD FAN »

you all are forgeting that Dobbins beat Kerns his freshmen yr. (kerns' soph yr) fairly convincingly so the way i see it they are all even right now.....will be a great year to watch golf in southern ohio

golfmom
Waterboy

Re: SEOAL Player of the year

Post by golfmom »

Yes, he did. BUT, this past year, Nathan beat him SEVERAL times. AND he did win SEOAL Player of the Year(which Dobbins played in), DII SE Ohio Player of the Year, District medalist for DII SE Ohio, Sectional Medalist for DII SE Ohio, Portsmouth Invitational Medalist with a score of 66 at The Elks(which Dobbins played in), and went to State as an individual and finished 14th in DII. SO... this will be an interesting YEAR, since Kerns will be a Senior!!

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

I still say it will be Dobbins this year!

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

I believe that Nathan Kerns will be the man to beat. His game is very strong and he works his tail off year round. Nathan has continued to improve each year.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

I would have to go with Kerns as player of the year.

GOOD LUCK TO NATHAN KERNS AND THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS NEXT SEASON

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Dobbins will be hard to beat this year. GO BIG RED!!!

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

In Golf anything is possible, who knows there might be a dark horse, who wins it.

DUSTIN FORD FAN
Waterboy

Yes this definitely true....Marietta has some great young talent that could swoop right in and beat either Dobbins or Kerns....through the early season Kerns seems to be a little sharper than Dobbins but we'll see

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

There is a kid named Fivecoait from Warren who can play a little.

DUSTIN FORD FAN
Waterboy

yeah, ive heard that name.....Dobbins finished 2nd to him at Lakeside in the first tourney of the year, Waterford Invite.....solid player i suppose then although Dobbins had never seen the course before

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Morgan is a great player as is Kearns. Haven't heard too much from the WHS golfer but it sounds like we all will very soon. One question I have is concerning Jackson's team which forfeited Monday night at Gallia due to transportation issues, they were unable to attend the match. How many more matches are they planning on missing this season or was this an unusual circumstance? Morgan is a player with huge college opportunities but w/o scores to post it is hard to get the looks that follow the consistant low rounds he is capable of, especially knowing that college coaches pay paticular attention to away matches. Seems like the school district is costing him opportunities. How many other DI athletes do they have and are they neglecting their future as they are Morgan's? What a shame!!!!! Good luck to all SEOAL golfers, especially the GA Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUSTIN FORD FAN
Waterboy

chipwood,

match was cancelled because the AD Bob Kight did not order the bus.....cant get to gallia w/o a bus......regular season does not really matter to any college golf coaches.....all they want to see is you in the state tournament....u could average 75 through the season...shoot a couple 70's, make the state, shoot acouple more 70's and then get a full ride to Ohio State....and i dont believe their are any other D1 prospects at jackson.....you are way off here chippy

Return to “Golf”