Waterboy

Will there ever be OVC hockey?

Post by Rastafarian_Hornet »

Will there ever be OVC hockey?

I sure hope so mon!

panthersnaps
Waterboy

Post by panthersnaps »

i would really lik to see hockey brought into the OVC...it would be a nice winter sport and i know i would love to watch some of the games.

"If winning doesn't matter why do they keep score?" --Vince Lombardi
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Hockey will never be a league sport in any league in southeastern Ohio. There is only one high school in all of southeastern Ohio that has a hockey team, and thats Athens. And it is a club sport, and not restricted to just Athens High School. The Athens Bobcats have players on it from all over southeastern Ohio and even a few from West Virginia. They play teams from the Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati areas primarily. They don't play any teams from southeastern Ohio, because there are no other teams! It takes the entire region to produce enough players to field just this one team.

panthersnaps
Waterboy

Post by panthersnaps »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Hockey will never be a league sport in any league in southeastern Ohio. There is only one high school in all of southeastern Ohio that has a hockey team, and thats Athens. And it is a club sport, and not restricted to just Athens High School. The Athens Bobcats have players on it from all over southeastern Ohio and even a few from West Virginia. They play teams from the Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati areas primarily. They don't play any teams from southeastern Ohio, because there are no other teams! It takes the entire region to produce enough players to field just this one team.

I personally think never is a strong word...i agree that for now it isn't happening anytime soon, but i do belive that it will be in southern ohio eventually...just probably not in the near future.

"If winning doesn't matter why do they keep score?" --Vince Lombardi
OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

I played for 8 years from here in chesapeake and we had kids on the team allt he way from pmouth and boyde Co. . and charlston on one team

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

It will never happen down here. Not enough overall interest.

TheShark
Waterboy

Post by TheShark »

I would love to see Coal Grove and Rock Hill battle it out on the ice.

Talk about a war!

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

i would ansfer from i-town if there was ovc hockey.

ThatLoganKid08
Varsity

Post by ThatLoganKid08 »

hockey isnt juat big enough i play for athens... it takes a lot of time and money and which some school dont have.

St.Joe_09
Waterboy

Post by St.Joe_09 »

i can only hope that there will ever be OVC hockey ..then i wuld hope saint joe wuld get back in tha OVC or id transfer to Coal Grove

Rastafarian_Hornet
Waterboy

Post by Rastafarian_Hornet »

Hey mon,
This important Topic needs a bump!

Dey Rastafarian Hornet is up in smoke...

Dey Rastafarian Hornet is Up in smoke....
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

No local rink= no hockey! Build it and they might just have a club team. there is a kid form SP who travels to Charleston to play for their midget league team.

Return to “Golf”