Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Hocking

Post by trimblebookworm »

Taylor Russell

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

ok your from Trimble so I would expect you to say that, it would have to be someone from Waterford, I mean you can say Harris or Russell, but come on show Waterford a little respect for winning the TVC

sportsjunky
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky »

yeah waterford did win league but i dont see a kid on that team that can beat russell consistanly.....both times they played russell was medalist......plus russell has come along way since he just started playin his sophmore year......i believe it will come down to harris or russell

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

of course you gotta give waterford credit for winning the league title but were talking about the best player not the best team and russell is by far the best player therefore he should be the player of the year

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Now I don't know how many times Russell was medalist but I do know Harris was medalist 9 out of the 10 matches this year and he beat Russell at his home course. Does anybody know how many Russell won?

bigsportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by bigsportsfan »

russell was medalist 6 or 7 times with one match to go and russell also beat harris on his home course last night and he was named medalist he shot a 34 and harris shot a 37

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Harris played in two state tournaments----------- nuff said.

bigsportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by bigsportsfan »

hopper 11 nobody said anything bad about harris we no he is a good golfer it should come down to harris and russell but good luck to who ever gets picked and i hope they both make it to states along with the other boys

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Hopper wasn't saying anything bad about Russell. He was just stating facts.

bigsportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by bigsportsfan »

i was just saying i know harris is a good golfer

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

I do agree that Harris and Russel are impressive golfers, however I think that Tyler davis (sophmore)is really improving and could very well be player of the year (this or next season.)

sportsjunky
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky »

yeah i agree the davis boy has come along way but if there was a most improved he would get it but not no player of the year.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

so who ended up winning player of the year?

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Next year it will have to be someone from Waterford because they will dominate the Hocking next year just like they did this year. Allen, Rodgers, Miller, and Branham return for them next year. They also have a good freshman this year who will be permanent varsity next year and they will have a really good incoming freshman next year that has been shooting 30's for two years.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I dont think Waterford will be as good as you say. Eastern returns everybody from last years team and will have a shot at TVC, also look out for Southern again next year, this should be a competitive year

The Trimble Guy
Waterboy

Post by The Trimble Guy »

Waterford wins it again next year

Whoisthis?
Waterboy

Post by Whoisthis? »

Even if Eastern is returning every player from last year they still wont have a shot at TVC because they dont even have one good, consistent golfer...they will probably end up getting 4th place again next year!

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Waterford will run away with the TVC just like they did last year. The streak will continue because I see Waterford going 10-0 again in the TVC. Classof86, Eastern probably will finish second next year because they do have some talent and experience but I just don't think they can compete with Waterford.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Should be a very competitive league this year.. Its going to be a toss up between Southern, Eastern, and Waterford

Return to “Golf”