Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Joe Burrow NFL Debut

Post by VetteMan »

The Cincinnati Bengals will place wide receiver Auden Tate on injured reserve ahead of shoulder surgery. So ends an odd season for Tate, which started on a strange foot after his agent spoke out about his client's status as inactive early in the season. Tate ended up appearing in nine games, catching all of 14 passes while never seeing a big roll with Joe Burrow.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:02 pm Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow will have surgery to repair his injured left knee soon and will do so out on the West Coast. Former Buckeye defensive end Sam Hubbard, a very close friend of Burrow said he was pretty sure that the surgery would take place sometime this week. Coach Zac Taylor also said that he thought it would be toward the middle of the week, but that he doesn't have a timetable on when he would return to Cincinnati.
Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow had his knee surgery on Wednesday and is expected to make a full recovery. The Bengals said that Burrow's procedure went as planned, and that he will be facing extension rehabilitation ahead.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:52 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:02 pm Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow will have surgery to repair his injured left knee soon and will do so out on the West Coast. Former Buckeye defensive end Sam Hubbard, a very close friend of Burrow said he was pretty sure that the surgery would take place sometime this week. Coach Zac Taylor also said that he thought it would be toward the middle of the week, but that he doesn't have a timetable on when he would return to Cincinnati.
Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow had his knee surgery on Wednesday and is expected to make a full recovery. The Bengals said that Burrow's procedure went as planned, and that he will be facing extension rehabilitation ahead.
I really meant to say that Burrow would be facing "extensive" rehabilitation ahead, instead of "extension'.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Bengals will not have one of their assistant coaches for Sunday's game. But that's an upgrade over what they have had available the past three week's. They were down two assistants last week, three the week before that and four the week before that. Defensive line coach Nick Eason won't attend Sunday's game because of Covid-19 related reasons, while defensive line coach Gerald Chatman will assume Eason's responsibilities. If I didn't know better, I would say that they have played the whole season "without any" offensive line coach, as well as the preseason.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Here's a surefire way for a head coach to earn the respect of his players. Miami Dolphins punt returner Jakeem Grant was on the receiving end of an ugly hit on Sunday that sparked a brawl against the Cincinnati Bengals. As Grant lined up to receive a Bengals punt early in the fourth quarter, Cincinnati's Mike Thomas barreled through him before the ball arrived. It was a clear penalty and a violent hit against a defenseless returner, and the second ugly hit of the game on Grant. In a game that had already seen multiple ejections for fighting, players from both benches met on the field after the illegal hit. Punches were thrown, and bodies ended up on the ground. And it wasn't just players joining the scuffle, as Dolphins head coach Brian Flores, was livid at seeing the hit on Grant, and marched toward the fracas yelling and pointing fingers. Bengals safety Von Bell stepped in his way before Dolphins offensive linemen Jesse davis and Miami coaches pushed him away from the melee.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Bengals made the Cowboys look very good

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Andy Dalton threw a short touchdown pass late in the game on Sunday to pile some more points on top of the woeful Cincinnati Bengals, as he was good enough to help lead his Cowboys team to a 30-7 win over his old team. The only good thing to come out of this game is the fact that the Bengals possibly may have clinched no lower than the 3rd overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Re: Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:47 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:33 pm Why would he go to the Saints??? He has a 4 year contract with the Bengals. I believe they will have there crap together by than and will be competitive
The Bengals are a dumpster fire. Burrow could demand a trade and the Saints could get him since Cincinnati have zero leverage. If the Bengals do not fire Zac Taylor by the end of the season and hire Eric Bieniemy Burrow is gone.

Mike Brown is a worthless owner
Js to bad that Burrows boy dint get drafted by the Browns. That ther Freddy Baker the Browns took is a doin pertty good and the burrows boy is a sight bettr then him if yer askin me.

stank moor odd mil. :mrgreen:

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Still thinking about the game. Not seeing much of the Bengals this year because not on local tv. I am not impressed with the coaching staff. Burrow seemed to make things go and hide some problems. This is a good time to make the change. Hire a person to manage the players and staff. Then pay well and hire good assistants. Getting Sewell as the 3rd pick would be a hugh piece to making a good team. Need a very good line coach.

NellyWooden
Waterboy

Re: Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

Post by NellyWooden »

What's the word on his recovery?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Justin Fields will have a better rookie season than Joe Burrow

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

And may have a more lengthy shelf life. Just my opinion. Random.

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Re: Justin Fields will have a better rookie season than Joe Burrow

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

Gotta be starter first

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

BobcatFuture1 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:09 am Gotta be starter first
Good point. We'll see. Both were favorites to be offensive roy. Or rather Joe was & Justin is now. I think Justins gonna be more durable. We'll see I guess.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Joe was more durable in college. Hope Fields gets better protection from his line or he will be hurt too! Wish them both well.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

If Fields does win the Bear's starting job early on, he will surpass Burrow's rookie stats. That will be because Justin will have a better all around supporting cast than 740 Joe. Unfortunately, Burrow's career may not reach its full potential because of the crap organization he was drafted by.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Good post on the high school forum 🙄

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This new guy struggles at trolling

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

We don’t care….Joe is one of our guys and those that get on this forum and jab at Joe, what are you doing?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

As long as Joe has very few injuries he will do very well in the pros. Joe might have a little Tom in him and stay in shape and have many years under his belt when he calls it quits. What worries me about Justin is he might have to run too much and he will be like most running QBs, a short time in the pros. Good luck to both.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If today is any indication against the Browns, I would say " No ", he most certainly will not. I have always thought that the Bengals have the worst offensive line in the NFL, today I will say that the Bears are right with them.

Return to “Football”