Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Re: Joe Burrow - HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER

Post by Mister Bee »

Congratulations to Joe for his success and to his parents for raising a wonderful man.

I wish nothing but the best for him at the next level.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

No matter where his life goes from here, there will be a movie and book about this young man.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens is going to name the stadium Joe Burrow Stadium and keep R. Basil Rutter Field. It’s not official but sounds like it’s going to happen

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

“At tonight's ACSD School Board Meeting, the board unanimously passed direction to begin the process to name the Athens High School football stadium after our alumni, Joe Burrow. I was touched to sit next to board member Roger A. Brown as he made his last motion as a board member - with tears in his eyes - to approve this action. Roger has served the school district for 16 years and tonight was his final meeting.

When Joe Burrow was on the national stage giving his speech after receiving the Heisman, he chose not to speak about himself and his success but rather about our community and the challenges we face. Shortly thereafter, over $450,000 was raised for the Athens County Food Pantry.

---
The Athens City School District Board of Education hereby recognizes and congratulates Athens High School Class of 2015 graduate Joe Burrow for his most recent accomplishment in winning college football’s highest honor, the Heisman Trophy.

Mr. Burrow was a member of the 2014 Athens High School Football team that had a record of 14-1, with the only loss being in the OHSAA Championship on a last minute touchdown by the opposing team. Joe was honored at the end of the 2014 season as Ohio Mr. Football, as well as the Ohio Gatorade Player of the Year.

After graduating from Athens High School, Joe Burrow attended college and played football for The Ohio State University. Upon his graduation from Ohio State, he transferred as a graduate student to the Louisiana State University with two remaining years of eligibility. At LSU, Joe led his team to a 10-3 record in his first season, with key wins against Auburn and Ole Miss, as well as a Fiesta Bowl win over the University of Central Florida. The LSU tigers ended the 2018-2019 season ranked #6 in the final AP poll.

In 2019, Joe has led the LSU Tigers to an undefeated regular season, a #1 ranking in the AP poll, and an opportunity to play for the National Championship. On Saturday, December 15, 2019 Joe Burrow was named the winner of the Heisman Trophy with the most first place votes of any previous winner.

As part of Joe's acceptance speech he humbly recognized Athens and Southeast Ohio and the many challenges faced by families in our region. His comments instigated a fundraising campaign that has resulted in over $400,000 for the Athens County Food Bank, thousands of dollars donated to the Athens High School Boosters, donations to Athens County Children's Services via the Giving Tree project, and donations to other area governmental and non-profit support agencies.

In recognition of Mr. Burrow’s accomplishments, the Athens City School District Board of Education does hereby direct the Superintendent and the Athens High School Administration to take such actions as are necessary to name the Athens High School Football Stadium the Joe Burrow Stadium and to work with the Athens High School Booster Club and the Athens High School Bulldog Blitz to plan a ceremony to celebrate this honor.

As read by Kim Kemplin Goldsberry to the board, December 19, 2019“

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good for Athens and Joe

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burrow got his masters from LSU today

Izladoom
All State

Re: Joe Burrows #1 Draft Pick

Post by Izladoom »

bullfrog93 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:21 pm Anyone else think there is any possibility of Bengals passing on Burrows?

I just can’t see it
I think they will you have to remember it’s the bengals the odds of them doing the right thing is very slim they will probably take tua

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

As a Bengals fan, I hope they do the right thing and draft Chase Young.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I would love to see Joe go #1 but I agree with the man of steel...Chase Young has to be first. Both will rise above the rest even more after the combine/pro days imo.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

guys , we're talking about our bengals here. we'll mess this up somehow and not get either. and pick up some free safety from lousianna tech Presbyterian a&m school of the arts or something off'n the wall. I'd love to have burrows or chase, both are supermen in my book. you gotta be able to put points on a scoreboard to win, and with that said. I'd choose joe.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Honestly I hope we don't draft him. Our line has been terrible all year as has the defense, a early drafted QB is not what the Bengals need for success. However, M Brown is in it for money not wins and a new ohio QB is what will sell tickets. I personally want to build the line and go Thomas from Georgia

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LSU people put up this billboard on 33 by The Plains

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Quite a story and quite a young man. Don't know where he will be drafted but whomever gets him is a better franchise instantly.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Burrows is a top notch kid. After burfuct and Pac-Man we need some better men to represent. I think burrows can do that. Plus the nfl is a qb driven league and I think burrows is a generational talent. If the bengals don’t take burrows they will be mired in losses for a decade. You can start drafting linemen in the second round but burrows needs to be first.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

^^^ it’s BURROW! You Logan haters always spell stuff wrong in purpose. Give up on the jealousy and go back to looking for a new league.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:04 pm LSU people put up this billboard on 33 by The Plains

THAT IS AWESOME. raider are you the same guy me and the mrs. came up to meet at a playoff game in Athens and we sat with you all.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

greygoose wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:17 pm Honestly I hope we don't draft him. Our line has been terrible all year as has the defense, a early drafted QB is not what the Bengals need for success. However, M Brown is in it for money not wins and a new ohio QB is what will sell tickets. I personally want to build the line and go Thomas from Georgia
goose, I think slingin' joe has just the right mental chemistry to deal with that type situation. and I think he'd be in their face if they weren't blocking. I'd love to get him. and he has great prototypical size for an nfl qb.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

bullfrog93 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:14 am Burrows is a top notch kid. After burfuct and Pac-Man we need some better men to represent. I think burrows can do that. Plus the nfl is a qb driven league and I think burrows is a generational talent. If the bengals don’t take burrows they will be mired in losses for a decade. You can start drafting linemen in the second round but burrows needs to be first.
you dang skippy we do froggie, great point. and the bengals are notorious for drafting head cases, thinking they can fix them. joe would be an outstanding choice, and breath of fresh air. I'm all in supporting him there. I toally agree with your comments, the whole thing. and don't draft a lineman/guy high that draft and overpay for someone who missed the season with a torn acl. or something. draft some new healthy knees.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

I think drafting Burrows is the right move. Gonna have to pay AJ green. Mixon is solid. Address the line in round 2 and beyond and through free agency. That blend of youth and experience will give Burrows the supporting cast he needs. This is really a quick fix IMO and Burrows isn’t really a gamble at number one.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:04 pm LSU people put up this billboard on 33 by The Plains

I like it, Raider. 8-) They ought to name a street in the plains after him too near the school. 8-) It's cool that they are naming the field after him. He deserves every bit of it. Not just one hell of a QB, but a good hearted smart kid as well. I'm very proud of him.

Return to “Football”