Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Joe Burrow Sports Illustrated Cover

Post by Raider6309 »

His mom has to be MVP. She cooks every Sunday at his apartment. You know Joey invites the running back and the linemen :lol:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

She’s an All-Star!!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:29 pm She’s an All-Star!!
This is all so funny. He isn’t even a kid born and raised here. I guess is Athens wants to get all hard over a transplant that’s their deal. Personally I am more excited to see what the Wilburn kid does at OU. He really is one of ours.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:41 am His mom has to be MVP. She cooks every Sunday at his apartment. You know Joey invites the running back and the linemen :lol:
Looks like it is working.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 pm
This is all so funny. He isn’t even a kid born and raised here. I guess is Athens wants to get all hard over a transplant that’s their deal. Personally I am more excited to see what the Wilburn kid does at OU. He really is one of ours.
I think he won’t be as impactful honestly. He isn’t even the best athlete in SE Ohio.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Give it a rest! How long does someone have to live in a place to have grown up there? From 3rd grade on he was a Bulldog.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't think it was Joe's decision for his dad to come to Ohio. At the time is dad was probably trying to better himself. If we are going to ride a kid for his family bettering themselves then there are a lot of them in the U.S.A. Another thing you cannot blame a kid if he wants to come to a school where there is a very good chance of the school doing very good. I know for a fact there are schools in the Columbus area that offer/find dads jobs to get their kids to come to there area.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Pol pot wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:45 pm
Give it a rest! How long does someone have to live in a place to have grown up there? From 3rd grade on he was a Bulldog.
Next year when you click on his NFL profile - or purchase his football card - it will clearly say

Hometown: The Plains, Ohio

:mrgreen:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:41 am His mom has to be MVP. She cooks every Sunday at his apartment. You know Joey invites the running back and the linemen :lol:
Saw her on tv. Yowza! Can you say MILF?

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Bob Bolshavic
Freshman Team

Post by Bob Bolshavic »

I bet Joe would be awful proud of that comment, bucky :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Stay classy GB

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:55 pm Stay classy GB
I mean ground chuck ain’t lying :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

3 bucks a pound

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

I called people's news in Marietta Monday night at 5. The SI issues they received on Saturday are already gone and I was put on a waiting list if they happen to get more. If that happened in Marietta how fast do you think they sold out in Athens news stands.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Cowboy22 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 am I called people's news in Marietta Monday night at 5. The SI issues they received on Saturday are already gone and I was put on a waiting list if they happen to get more. If that happened in Marietta how fast do you think they sold out in Athens news stands.
I had to buy online. Even in Columbus they sold out fast. Ohio backs its own the best

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Received mine in the mail

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

:cry: I would like to buy one, but have yet to find one.

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

Congrats to JB! I'm very happy to see a kid from Athens County tear it up at the highest levels.

As for OSU and JB, it seems things worked out pretty well. In 2017, JB was the likely backup to Barrett (this is where some fans may grumble but JT had a lot of experience and success) but JB hurt his hand. This allowed Haskins to move into the backup role, which set up the situation where Haskins led OSU to a come-from-behind victory over Michigan on the road. From there, JB and Haskins competed for the job in the spring. OSU did not name a starter after the spring, but it is my understanding (meaning this is the only place where I'm going off of rumor) that OSU informed JB that if the first game was tomorrow, Haskins would start. Therefore, JB left.

Now, let's remember that OSU was choosing its QB for the 2018 season. Let's also remember that Haskins was a year behind JB in school. The 2018 stats were as follows:

Haskins: 4,831 yards, 70% pct, 50 TDs, 8 INTs
Burrow: 2,894 yards, 57.8% pct, 16 TDs, 5 INTs

Even with the second year as a starter in 2019, Burrow's stats are pretty comparable to Haskins's 2018 stats, and that's if you assume Haskins does not improve with another off-season and a second year of starts.

I'm not really seeing how anyone could even argue with a straight face that the OSU coaches made the wrong choice. I guess that they should've known that Haskins would be so good in 2018 that he would leave early, while Burrow would need to stay?

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:29 pm they didn’t “run” Joe off
They didn’t but he wasn’t going to play. He probably shouldn’t have went there in the first place, different offense, but that’s a dream for most kids, to don the scarlet and gray.
Different offense? One reason JB is blossoming this year (as opposed to his very mediocre year in 2018) is because LSU hired an OC that runs an offense similar to the one used by Ryan Day (see how pass-heavy OSU was in 2018 w/ a QB that didn't run as well as Fields).

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

BoJack Horseman wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:44 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:29 pm they didn’t “run” Joe off
They didn’t but he wasn’t going to play. He probably shouldn’t have went there in the first place, different offense, but that’s a dream for most kids, to don the scarlet and gray.
Different offense? One reason JB is blossoming this year (as opposed to his very mediocre year in 2018) is because LSU hired an OC that runs an offense similar to the one used by Ryan Day (see how pass-heavy OSU was in 2018 w/ a QB that didn't run as well as Fields).
I'll go one step further and say it wasn't a different offense at all. Look what he ran in high school, look what OSU runs, look what LSU is running now. See a trend? lol

Return to “Football”