Green football 2009

sider
All Conference

Green football 2009

Post by sider »

Does anyone know anything about this team? Will Mercer be back? How is the weight room looking as far as the turnout?

california kid
Varsity

Re: Green football 2009

Post by california kid »

all i know is they will be young again. but more experienced. coach mercer is a great coach and even greater person so hopefully he does come back and if he doesnt hopefully the board can hire a coach quicker than they did when coach sheridan resigned. coach mercer didnt get hired until late june he didnt have any time to get his team ready for the season.

Indian till death
Waterboy

Post by Indian till death »

after personally seeing the bobcats play once in the 2008 season, im very impressed with what mercer has done. this team is one of the most respectable teams ive seen in a long time, playing hard, but not playing unfairly. Mercer has obviously tought them good ethics and i think that next year, after gaining some more experience, they will return for the best season green has seen in awhile

Bobcatbeliever
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobcatbeliever »

green will do alot better this year only losing four players to graduation
but like you said still young but will be greatly improved

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I know they lose Clarke, who was their best player

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

What does the schedule look like for the bobcats?

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

We look forward to beating green again this year.

GO TORNADOES!

jeepchopper
Riding the Bench

Post by jeepchopper »

Is Coach Mercer coming back or are they in need of a coach

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

PURPLEPOWER wrote:We look forward to beating green again this year.

GO TORNADOES!

good luck :mrgreen:

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

jeepchopper wrote:Is Coach Mercer coming back or are they in need of a coach

i havent heard anything about him leaving

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

he might as well go back into retriement because Racine is ginna give Green a whuppin. We dont like Green and white. Just ask eastern. We spanked them last year. You guys are just a tuneup for the Eagles.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

wow someone from racine southern talking smack about football?

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

PURPLEPOWER wrote:

he might as well go back into retriement because Racine is ginna give Green a whuppin. We dont like Green and white. Just ask eastern. We spanked them last year. You guys are just a tuneup for the Eagles.

haha someone is a little over confident. a tune up? we will see last year was what the first time southern has ever beat green if not in a long time

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I heard that an ex-Tartan coach could be coming to Green to coach this year! Just heard this today. I don't know if it is as a head coach or as an assistant to Coach Mercer!

I think Coach Mercer is a great person and is someone who really loves his players and gives them 1000% of himself to them; on and off the field! He is a great human being! He has a way of getting every ounce of football ability from his players too!

Green community, I know your not winning alot of games but at the moment! I think the key to your program is to get more kids playing the game of football! I know your community dearly loves the game of football and have the studs to play! Just get them from behind the video games and out on the gridiron! All small schools experience these problems as well; it can be done!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

a couple things that have hurt Green are numbers and coaches never really stay long enough to get things turned around. If they could get things turned around it would be good for the SOC to have another team that is winning games. Interested in hearing the former East coach who could be on the sidelines for the Bobcats this year.

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

Axe N Shield wrote:I heard that an ex-Tartan coach could be coming to Green to coach this year! Just heard this today. I don't know if it is as a head coach or as an assistant to Coach Mercer!

I think Coach Mercer is a great person and is someone who really loves his players and gives them 1000% of himself to them; on and off the field! He is a great human being! He has a way of getting every ounce of football ability from his players too!

Green community, I know your not winning alot of games but at the moment! I think the key to your program is to get more kids playing the game of football! I know your community dearly loves the game of football and have the studs to play! Just get them from behind the video games and out on the gridiron! All small schools experience these problems as well; it can be done!

very good post i completely agree

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

Tartanblue wrote:a couple things that have hurt Green are numbers and coaches never really stay long enough to get things turned around. If they could get things turned around it would be good for the SOC to have another team that is winning games. Interested in hearing the former East coach who could be on the sidelines for the Bobcats this year.

yeah i know coach sheridan had it going in the right direction

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

who do they have coming back??

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

QB graduated. Most everyone returns from the starting unit.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

We, at Southern, are licking our chops at the opportunity to give you guys another whuppin. Greggy Jenkins at RB, Tay Lemley at Tackle, and Michael "Payton" Manuel at QB are gonna light up the scoreboard. We think Mikey Tomlinson will lead the state in pancake blocks next year as he is an all state candidate at the other tackle spot...

IF U AINT READEY, BEST BE GETTIN READY FOR THE TVC FREIGHT TRAIN FROM RACINE!

Return to “Football”